• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Why I returned to Farjo

B

brian boru

Valued member
I M greedy, I guess. Eighteen months ago I had a transplant at the Farjo Clinic in Manchester and the result was fantastic. What was once a head that resembled a bare car park sprinkled with a few dying leaves was transformed. Not into a thick, lush jungle of hair, I have to say but an area with a lovely growing, garden.

And each morning since I ve looked at my new hair with pride and appreciation.

However, the garden had a little patch - at the crown - that remained thin. Even the gifted Dr F couldn t spread the 3250 FUs he d relocated onto scalp previously to the point complete forestation was achieved. And so I spoke to Mick, the genial clinic manager and who had guided me through the process last time.

We can sort it out, he said, reassuringly.

And so I travelled to Manchester for a second procedure, and once again the hair garden team were slick, efficient and hugely welcoming. The drinks, the Granola bars, chicken sandwich and comforting smiles all arrived right on cue and I took great delight in learning that 2,100 lovely little FUs had been planted in the crown and in a V shape , towards the front.

Come Christmas the garden will be patchless.

Was the process any different this time? Not at all. Again, the back of my head was a little tender for a few days but the spray antiseptic provided acts like balm. It s wonderful.

I was back at work three days after the procedure and this time around however not a single person had a clue what had been going on - and in - my head. And why would they? My head wasn t shaved, and there was no sigh at all of any scalp irritation. And after about ten days the stitches dissolved, like tiny particles of snow exposed to sunlight.

But there is one feature of this transplant that doesn t match up with the previous. Not all of the implanted hairs have fallen out, as is expected, only to regrow four months later. Every morning when I wake up I touch my scalp and feel the little spiky hairs - and it s a delight.

Am I completely glad to have undergone a second procedure? Some may feel it s gilding the lily, perhaps all a little too self-indulgent - or perhaps even tempting fate. Who knows? All I know is that since the original hair transplant there hasn t been a day goes past when I haven t looked in the mirror and watched my face register a double smile of appreciation and delight.

I m back to the wonderful days of disturbed, sometimes mad, morning hair, when the top of my head looks messier than a teenager s bedroom. Now I grin as I decide how I m going to part my hair each day, (side or middle) or just leave it floppy and let nature and the wind determine the rest.

However I reckoned that if you can go for something close to hair perfection, then why not. I still won t have the David Cassidy hair I had when I was eighteen, but I have to say I m headed, no pun intended, entirely in that direction.

I ll let you know how it all thickens out at the end of the year.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear its all good for you,it would be great if you could add your pictures to your personal gallery.

Cheers bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Great to hear that the procedure has gone well for you. Pictures would be cool if you have some to post. Heal well and keep us posted.

NN

P

pavlov

Brian, I have tried to pm you to ask you some questions but for some reason my pm is disabled. Are you happy for me to email you with some questions and if so I shall put my email addy on here.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance of posting some pictures Brian.

bm.

L

logie

;)Just had 2500 grafts at Farjo Clinic 10 days ago and have to say was very impressed by the whole experience. Brian Beacom's book, Diary of a Hair Transplant (I was given a copy from Mick in August when I had my initial consultation!) really helped make my mind up to a)go ahead with the procedure and b) use the Farjo clinic rather than travel abroad to have the surgery carried out.
I reasoned that as this is still a surgical procedure (ok, it may be classed as minor by some) for the same reason I don't travel abroad to have any dentistry work carried out I felt more comfortable using the best UK surgeons to have it done just in case something did not go right and then where would you be?
As it happened, everything went great. I had very little bruising, no bleeding from the grafts afterwards and only some residual discomfort from the donor site.
Now, 10 days later, most of the transplanted hair is actually growing and hasn't shed although I've been told it still may. Most of the grafts I had were made through patches of already thinned out hair at the front, temples and crown and I don't think I will require a second procedure. The difference afterwards even with just the short stubble showing through is great! I can only imagine that the full effect after a year will be better than I had envisaged.
To sum up I would most definitely recommend Dr. Farjo if you are contemplating a transplant even though you might find cheaper clinics overseas.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
This guy was on here 18 months ago promoting his book. He never posted any photos then and he hasn't posted any this time.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Some pics would be nice... pre and post op to be able to get a good idea of the work...

Come on, get the camera out :)

Tim

Artista

Artista

Valued member
Brian, Since i had listened to your recent interview with Spence , I was very impressed with your HT success story.
You and i had been very similar in NW scale , similar in hair volume and age too. I had already decided a while ago that a HT was right for me. In my research on your experience I was brought to here because of this thread.."Why I returned to Farjo"
This website seems to be a very decent one.

The added '2,100 lovely little FUs' seems to have done very well for you Brian.
I cant wait to receive your book in the mail. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all. I am so inspired now.

M

Mick From Farjo

Valued member
How time flies,

Brian is now updating his highly successful book "Diary of a hair transplant"

Part of the process involves updates on FUE so what better way to have a little bit himself. He is now in the chair and having a small session to his crown and Dr farjo is filming part of the process that I will add the links to shortly.

Mick

M

Mick From Farjo

Valued member
1SrxEPU3_normal.jpeg

Dr Bessam Farjo (@BessamFarjo)

13/08/2015 14:35

LIVE on #Periscope: Watch @DrRachaelKay do manual FUE #hairtransplant extraction on Brian Beacom at Farjo periscope.tv/w/aJyUmzI0MzA1 €¦

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good Mick. How many grafts did Brian receive.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Brian received 505 grafts in his latest procedure.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Pete. I've met Brian a few times, very nice guy and interesting to chat with.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I've never heard of Periscope so that tells you how up to date I am :T:.

Thanks Mick for posting the link.

F

Footieman

Valued member
I'm considering a HT and have been for some time, previously Farjo used to list indication of prices on their main site but for some reason this doesn't look the case any longer (or maybe I'm just over-looking that part).

Does anyone have their current pricing for FUE or any recent treatment completed to share price?

Apologises if this is fully covered off on another thread.

balody

balody

Valued member
Mick I,like Janna have no idea what periscope is either.
How do I watch it?