• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Why research is important

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
It was brought to my attention that a clinic was using another clinics pictures on their website,while i am in no position to judge this clinic i would like to point out that these things do happen and this is why its vitally important to do as much research as you can before going ahead with a hair transplant.

I went to a Greek fue clinic back in 2005 after viewing the pictures on their website,this was a big mistake on my part for not researching enough.

Here is the link.

http://www.europesurgery.co.uk/page_1196791754647.html

Please dont judge this clinic on this forum as we dont know the reasons why they used another clinics pictures but you can make your own mind up if you are considering them for your procedure and research them further.

I believe you should research on as many hairloss forums as possible,read patient feedback,view websites of the doctors for a general feel about them and if at all possible meet patients from the doctor you are considering.

Thanks bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
yeah i agree
but unfortunately this kind off thing happens a lot, so i agree with bm its absolutely vital that you research thoroughly so as not to make what potentially could be a life changing mistake.

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
We were alerted to a clinic in Europe who had been promoting themselves on their webpage as being in association with SMG. It made it look as if we were just another branch in the USA - it had our name, promotional pictures, and address of our clinic. It also had Dr. Seager's clinic in Canada.

Dr. Shapiro is working to rectify the situation.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Some excellent advise BM, it’s a shame that some physicians and clinics are so driven by financial gain at the expense of their patients that they have to create fictitious websites and e-personas in an attempt to lure and entice new patients. However, I’m afraid this will always be the case and it will never be stopped as the Internet is notoriously difficult to police and regulate. The main problem is that legislation and laws in countries are so different, so what may be perceived as a breech of copy-right in one country may not actually be perceived as a breech of copy-right in another or be seen as unethical, thus prosecution is sadly virtually impossible.

Shang

Last edited: