• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

ys 2014; 1200 Dr Reddy 2017; 3133 Dr Arshad 2019)

HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

Valued member
Looking to be right on track, and nice to see the donor area healing well.

R

Rocketman

This is a really interesting read Edsarn. It's curious how alike our stories are. I too have really good and dense donor, i certainly agree that thick donor makes the recipient area look worse than it really is. I keep my hair at 0 around the sides and a 3.5mm on top. If i grow my hair any longer, it looks obvious I have had work. I'm hopeful my forthcoming transplant will make be my last 1 for at least 10 years. I will get Olli at Appear natural in Kent to do some more smp work, to hide the scarring from the donor area. I look forward to hearing more about your journey mate (y)

E

Edsarn

Thanks @Rocketman man. With my hair, it has never looked great when it is quite short - up to about 2-3 cm on top, but it gets a bit longer it seems to look better. I will update my 3 month pics shortly.

E

Edsarn

Here are my 3 month post-op pictures. I feel my donor is now looking really good. Just waiting for my new hairs to grow....
C665ADB7-94FF-4273-BA54-B5669ECF1D41.jpeg
A77BA7C0-21C7-434F-B813-E66CBB735155.jpeg
812BFDDE-B811-4FF4-AFBE-DDB4E51EDB81.jpeg

HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

Valued member
Good growth!

Surgeon Representative and Patient Advisor for Dr.Arshad - Leading the way in hair restoration.

Last edited:
R

Risingforehead

Your donor area looks better at this hair length. Sometimes people can have a sweet spot where their hair looks good at that particular length, I think this is your sweet spot.

E

Edsarn

Your donor area looks better at this hair length. Sometimes people can have a sweet spot where their hair looks good at that particular length, I think this is your sweet spot.
thanks @Risingforehead I’ve continued growing my hair, and think my donor looks even better a bit longer. I will keep an eye on it to find the best length

E

Edsarn

4 MONTH UPDATE

There are now lots of new fine hairs in my hairline. They are much shorter than my existing hair.

I am really pleased with how my donor is responding too. It seems to be getting better all of the time, as it grows.

I might even be tempted to get some temple work done, as I think I could use more, especially from the sides.....who knows.....will wait and see
2EED7638-8ED1-4E2F-B23C-755DF08E2566_1_201_a.jpeg
AD6C9653-4EFA-4BBA-9190-90814A5464DB_1_201_a.jpeg

HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

Valued member
4 MONTH UPDATE

There are now lots of new fine hairs in my hairline. They are much shorter than my existing hair.

I am really pleased with how my donor is responding too. It seems to be getting better all of the time, as it grows.

I might even be tempted to get some temple work done, as I think I could use more, especially from the sides.....who knows.....will wait and see
That´s good to hear @Edsarn , very happy you are seeing improvements at this early stage in the hair growth. As well as how your donor area is feeling. Good growth for the future!

Last edited:
B

Bandit

4 MONTH UPDATE

Do you have a side profile picture, looks fine to me.

HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

Valued member
Hi @Bandit here the pictures from the side. Think some temple work could frame my face better.
It can be very subjective when designing a new hairline, some may like the more pointed temple whereas others, like @Edsarn would like it to be slightly rounded off to create an angle to frame the face more. Assuming it always looks natural and technically possible then it really comes down to how the individual feels.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good. Everything seems to be right on track at this stage. Exciting times ahead.

E

Edsarn

Thanks @Bigmac. Really happy with my progress and would say it’s got better since my last update. Will add some more pictures at 6 months.