logo hair loss forum, hair transplant forum
Hairloss Experiences Hair Loss Forum Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Hairloss Experiences Hair Loss Forum > Hair Transplant Forum > General Hair loss Forum > How does this forum decide who the recommended UK HT clinics are?

Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum. Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news. Please check your spam/trash box for registration email. Please note the 5 digit code when registering is case sensitive(capitals are usually required) You can also contact us directly at hairlossexperiences@googlemail.com

 Moderated by: Bigmac Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
How does this forum decide who the recommended UK HT clinics are? - General Hair loss Forum - Hair Transplant Forum - Hairloss Experiences Hair Loss Forum  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jul 28th, 2018 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Hi, I’m new here. I have typical male pattern baldness, and have been looking in this forum for various UK HT clinics to check out. As far as I can tell there are only three in the UK that this forum recommends. One in London, one in Manchester and one in Scotland.

I’ve seen many more advertised online and in newspapers, and am curious as to why this forum only recommends three. How does it go about deciding who these three should be? Are the forum's moderators HT surgeons or is the decision based on forum members' positive experiences—or some other method?

Not being a wealthy person, I would like to find an HT clinic that didn’t require that I spend £10,000 upwards for an HT or FUE. Many of the clinics that are not recommended in this forum don’t charge as much, and having looked at their before and after photos, I can’t see why they are not recommended by this forum.

I’m new here, and so I am aware that some forum members might think that I work for one of these other clinics, or am just here to troll. I can assure you that I am neither. Just genuinely curious as to what criteria the forum uses to base its recommendations on. 

Last edited on Sat Jul 28th, 2018 08:22 pm by Ryan1234

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 07:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
By “recommending” I mean listing only three UK clinics in its Clinic Profiles section:
 
https://www.hairtransplantwebsite.com/doctors/
 
See map of UK that the site shows with the three clinics it lists:



It seems to me that the omission of other UK clinics is a value judgment, unless the three clinics listed are sponsors of the forum. I could be wrong, though. Just curious as to what the situation is.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 08:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Admin
Member
 

Joined: Mon Aug 24th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 85
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Dear Ryan.
As stated above, the forum does not recommend clinics.
The map you have posted is in the process of being updated but does show the rough locations of the clinics. Nowhere does it say these are the only clinics in the UK.
This is a forum, not a directory, therefor no omission, only the participating clinics are listed. 
There is 4 uk clinics listed here.
DHI, Farjo, Maitland and Vinci.
You will find the forum offers support to patients from any clinic, listed here or not.
You seem more concerned about why certain clinics aren't listed. If you are suffering from male pattern baldness, please share a few more details about your situation. If you've had some consultations, let us know what they advised. Maybe add some images so we can see what you're dealing with, other members can they give their opinion. Check out the many patient posted results, get involved, support them, ask them questions.





Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 11:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Dazzster26
Valued member
 

Joined: Tue Apr 3rd, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2439
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Dear Ryan 

Thanks for posting please dont rush into getting any HT unless you have done plenty Research, there are some Clinics out their manipulating peoples circumstances using false documentation and pictures taken from other Clinics and lying , be careful that is all I am saying you do not have to pay as you state ten thousand pounds and upwards for a HT but you have to research and get it right with the Clinic and Dr.
wishing you all the best 

Daz

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
bullitnut
4 awesome repairs with SMG


Joined: Wed Dec 24th, 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5830
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Hi Ryan this forum is different to the other forums out there in that it has never recommended any clinic to anyone. It's all about people experiences hence the name "hairloss experiences" 

Just because you see a clinic advertised on here it doesn't mean that there aren't other reputable clinics out there. 
All it means is they choose not to partake in the forum for whatever reason (their choice).

However one of the reason the clinics on here stay on here is because their results speak for themselves and for them it's an excellent source of advertising.

If a clinic took part on the forum and displayed terrible results week in week out then the forum members would likely express how bad they were and the clinic would loose credibility and possibly business (which is why you won't find clinics like KSL or the British hair clinic on here)......therefore from that alone the clinics on here are obviously good clinics as they show consistent stellar results, participate in the forum with members and prove themselves to be among the very best. 

Other not so good clinics might not be able to do this as their results maybe aren't as good, or aren't as consistent, or their staff aren't as able to answer question posed by members of the public online.

If a clinic is reputable, confident with their work, ethical and experienced then why shouldn't they want to show this online to potential patients if they desire.
That being said Of course there will still be other world class clinics that for whatever reason choose not to advertise on line and that's their perogative.... doesn't make them a bad clinic just one that's not interested in this type of advertising.
Welcome to the forum by the way dude;)
I'm sure you don't have to spend 10k to get a good result, would love to hear more about your current hair situation pal.
Take care BN



____________________
1.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_with_smg.html
2.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_2.html
3.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_3.html
4.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/stage4/
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 03:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Admin wrote: Dear Ryan.
As stated above, the forum does not recommend clinics.
The map you have posted is in the process of being updated but does show the rough locations of the clinics. Nowhere does it say these are the only clinics in the UK.
This is a forum, not a directory, therefor no omission, only the participating clinics are listed. 
There is 4 uk clinics listed here.
DHI, Farjo, Maitland and Vinci.
You will find the forum offers support to patients from any clinic, listed here or not.
You seem more concerned about why certain clinics aren't listed. If you are suffering from male pattern baldness, please share a few more details about your situation. If you've had some consultations, let us know what they advised. Maybe add some images so we can see what you're dealing with, other members can they give their opinion. Check out the many patient posted results, get involved, support them, ask them questions.






Thanks for explaining things.
 
I’m on the Norwood 5 scale. I live in Warrington, not far from Manchester, so the only clinic that is listed in your forum near to me is the Farjo Clinic in Manchester. But they charge around £10,000 or so from what I’ve heard and I couldn’t afford that. And going by some of the post-op photos here of Fargo patients who have had 3,500 plus graphs implanted, when the hair has fully grown back it doesn’t look as much as that. I read somewhere else in this forum a few years ago that Farjo tends to be very conservative with how many grafts he does in one operation. If that is true, and I went to him, it would mean I would have to spend another £10,000 on a second operation, and as I said I can’t even afford a first one. And this is probably the case for all the other clinics in the forum's list of clinics.
 
So my only choice is to go to a cheaper clinic. I found one in Liverpool (not far from Warrington) that charges less than £10,000 and more like £3,000, I think—according to a post in this forum a couple of years ago. The post was a positive review of this clinic, and the poster’s photos of his post-op and follow up hair growth were good, as good as the ones from posters who went to Farjo and the other surgeons mentioned in this forum. But the clinic has been criticised here because its patients all have low hairlines after the HT operations there. From the clinic's photos on its site, this seems to be the case, but apart from that the HT they did on these patients looked good to me—they seemed to have more hair after than many of the patients in post-op Farjo Clinic photos. Of course, the Liverpool clinic could be using photos from more “reputable” HT clinics, but I don’t think so, simply because of the presence of low hairlines in the photos, which the more reputable clinics’ photos wouldn’t have.
 
So my only choice is between the Farjo Clinic and the Liverpool clinic, and as I am not wealthy, and am not prepared to travel to London or Scotland (where the other clinics on your list are) and possibly have to book a hotel room for an overnight stay after the rigours of the HT op, I have to choose the Liverpool clinic.
 
Given that the Liverpool clinic has been criticised here for low hairlines, I would tell them not to give me one—presumably an HT patient is allowed to make such a decision.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 03:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
bullitnut wrote: Hi Ryan this forum is different to the other forums out there in that it has never recommended any clinic to anyone. It's all about people experiences hence the name "hairloss experiences" 

Just because you see a clinic advertised on here it doesn't mean that there aren't other reputable clinics out there. 
All it means is they choose not to partake in the forum for whatever reason (their choice).

However one of the reason the clinics on here stay on here is because their results speak for themselves and for them it's an excellent source of advertising.

If a clinic took part on the forum and displayed terrible results week in week out then the forum members would likely express how bad they were and the clinic would loose credibility and possibly business (which is why you won't find clinics like KSL or the British hair clinic on here)......therefore from that alone the clinics on here are obviously good clinics as they show consistent stellar results, participate in the forum with members and prove themselves to be among the very best. 

Other not so good clinics might not be able to do this as their results maybe aren't as good, or aren't as consistent, or their staff aren't as able to answer question posed by members of the public online.

If a clinic is reputable, confident with their work, ethical and experienced then why shouldn't they want to show this online to potential patients if they desire.
That being said Of course there will still be other world class clinics that for whatever reason choose not to advertise on line and that's their perogative.... doesn't make them a bad clinic just one that's not interested in this type of advertising.
Welcome to the forum by the way dude;)
I'm sure you don't have to spend 10k to get a good result, would love to hear more about your current hair situation pal.
Take care BN

Thanks. I was just curious about the lack of UK HT clinics on the map. It's a pity more UK clinics who are reputable don't come forward more. You would think they would, if only to promote themselves. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 03:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Dazzster26 wrote: Dear Ryan 

Thanks for posting please dont rush into getting any HT unless you have done plenty Research, there are some Clinics out their manipulating peoples circumstances using false documentation and pictures taken from other Clinics and lying , be careful that is all I am saying you do not have to pay as you state ten thousand pounds and upwards for a HT but you have to research and get it right with the Clinic and Dr.
wishing you all the best 

Daz

Thanks Daz.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 03:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
bullitnut
4 awesome repairs with SMG


Joined: Wed Dec 24th, 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5830
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Ryan1234 wrote: Hi, I’m new here. I have typical male pattern baldness


Now you have me confused. On your first post you said your new here. Then further down the thead you said you saw a post a few years ago in here about a clinic in Liverpool?
If the clinic your referring to is the Skin and hair clinic then be careful dude as they did Kyle Christie's hairline and it's terrible Imo.
I disagree with your comment's regarding Farjo, they have shown many great results over the years with very good density,

If some of their results have aired on the conservative side then that's because they are ethical and have done this due to possible progression based on Family history etc....this isn't a bad thing...shows they are ethical and experienced.




____________________
1.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_with_smg.html
2.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_2.html
3.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_3.html
4.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/stage4/
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 03:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
bullitnut
4 awesome repairs with SMG


Joined: Wed Dec 24th, 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5830
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Any clinic in the UK that charges £3000 for 3500 grafts I'd be careful dude



____________________
1.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_with_smg.html
2.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_2.html
3.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_3.html
4.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/stage4/
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
bullitnut wrote: Ryan1234 wrote: Hi, I’m new here. I have typical male pattern baldness


Now you have me confused. On your first post you said your new here. Then further down the thead you said you saw a post a few years ago in here about a clinic in Liverpool?
If the clinic your referring to is the Skin and hair clinic then be careful dude as they did Kyle Christie's hairline and it's terrible Imo.
I disagree with your comment's regarding Farjo, they have shown many great results over the years with very good density,

If some of their results have aired on the conservative side then that's because they are ethical and have done this due to possible progression based on Family history etc....this isn't a bad thing...shows they are ethical and experienced.



I mean I'm "new" in that I just registered yesterday. I've been a lurker for a while.
 
Yes, I mean the Skin and Hair Clinic.
 
Kyle Christie’s hairline is too low, as I said that seems to be the “style” most young “trendy” men think is normal due to media hype celebrating “luxurious” hair on male models etc. Not many of them have probably done any research on what a good HT should look like.
 
That aside, I would tell the clinic to not give me one of those hairlines. From what I have seen of their post-op photos, the only thing wrong with the clinic is its hairline design—at least in those photos that have been criticised here. See this selection of photos on their site:
 
(promotional link removed - Admin)
 
Most don’t seem to have low hairlines, and look as good as those from more “reputable” clinics. It all depends on what you can afford, though, and I simply can’t afford the “best” clinic. Besides, as someone mentioned earlier here, not all the best HT clinics come forward to promote themselves here, so knowing how many other “bests” are out there is difficult.
 
I think being too conservative with graft implants when someone has paid £10,000 for an HT is not really ethical either.
 
 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2018 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Here's another photo of the same person from a different angle. It looks ok from this angle. Are there any photos on the clinic's site that you think are decent? I found some better than others, but not all bad. As I said, I am not a wealthy man, and have to make tough choices.

 

Last edited on Sun Jul 29th, 2018 06:45 pm by Ryan1234

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 12:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
I don’t know the FUE punch size. Presumably, you think it should be smaller than it appears. I’m no expert on FUE but I expect that the clinic has a range of punch hole sizes available. If I go there I can always ask them to use a smaller one on my hairline, like they seem to have done on other photos of their patients.

Like I asked before, what photos from their site do you think show good or acceptable HT results?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 12:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Aerospace wrote: Ryan, the guys on here are offering advice based on their own experiences. You`d be wise to take it onboard. 

I appreciate that, but no one so far has given me any advice other than they think that two patients of the Liverpool clinic have had hairlines done that are not acceptable. I could find two patients of any HT clinic that I think the results of were not acceptable. There were many criticisms of the Farjo Clinic about 7 years ago on another hair forum I used to lurk on, but it is seen as a good clinic now. Maybe clinics can have “learning curves”, so to speak. The newer ones more than others. Maybe the Liverpool clinic is on that curve now.
 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 12:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
bullitnut
4 awesome repairs with SMG


Joined: Wed Dec 24th, 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5830
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
 The fact is the hairline is not only two low...it's pluggy in appearance and looks totally alien like. If your willing to risk this look then good luck to you dude we can only advise. If you want to have to brush your hair forward to disguise the hairline or wear headscarves a lot like he does then that's cool buddy

What i dont get though is why the constant critisms of Farjo....what have they done to you? I don't understand it your contemplating going to the skin and hair clinic but have bashed a world class clinic at least 3 times for know apparent reason?

Anyway I truly wish you well and if it comes good I will be the first to congratulate you dude as honeslty nothing will make me happier it did.....if not I'm sure us lot on here will be happy to help you in any way we can.


Good luck pal keep us posted.



____________________
1.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_with_smg.html
2.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_2.html
3.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_3.html
4.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/stage4/
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 01:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
I don’t think it looks alien like, well—his hair style maybe!

I have no particular problem with Fargo. I only mention him because geographically he is the only other HT surgeon nearest to where I live other than the Liverpool clinic. So it is either him or them I could go to, and as I am poor it can’t be him.


I just came across a positive review of the Liverpool clinic on another HT forum:




The surgeon who did his HT (Jyotsna  Kumari) is a member of The British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery:

http://www.bahrs.co.uk/


A society that Farjo is a member of, and she is also a member of The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery:


http://www.ishrs.org/


Here is her page there:


http://www.ishrs.org/users/doctorjyotsna


Farjo is also a member of this. Here’s his page there:


http://www.ishrs.org/users/drbessam


Do you think all her HT results are bad? Which ones, if any, do you think are acceptable?
 


 
 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 01:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
bullitnut
4 awesome repairs with SMG


Joined: Wed Dec 24th, 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5830
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Just because someone is a member of an organisation doesn't mean they are a good doctor...you don't need to pass any exams to join that association.
As for her results it's hard to say which are good as most of the pics on her website are very blurry and don't expose the hairline. 
This is why people are suspicious because we have seen excellent photos of kyle's with him being in the public eye.And it shows his result to be poor.
If her pics were better then people might forgive the Kyle result.
She should do some videos....I'd ask her to meet patients in person so you know. 





____________________
1.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_with_smg.html
2.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_2.html
3.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/html/my_repair_stage_3.html
4.http://www.hairlosstips.co.uk/stage4/
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 01:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
Here is more information about her qualifications:

Postgraduate Training in Dermatology (King's College London)
Masters in Dermatology(MSc) University of Hertfordshire
Member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
Member of British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery(BAHRS)
Member of European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery (ECAMS) 
Member of British Association of Cosmetic Doctors (BACD) 
Member of British Association of Body Sculpting (BABS) 
Member of General Medical Council with full Registration and Licence to Practice 


Previews employment:

Medical Lecturer at Lowestoft College
Medical lecturer at Southampton University Hospitals NHS TrustMedical Doctor (Various positions)


Education:

Kings College London (University of London)
Post Graduate Training in the Study of Clinical Dermatology

University of Hertfordshire
Master of Science (MSc) in Dermatology Skills and Treatment

KLE University
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)

Last edited on Mon Jul 30th, 2018 02:00 pm by Ryan1234

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Ryan1234
Member
 

Joined: Sat Jul 28th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 16
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
bullitnut wrote: Just because someone is a member of an organisation doesn't mean they are a good doctor...you don't need to pass any exams to join that association.
As for her results it's hard to say which are good as most of the pics on her website are very blurry and don't expose the hairline. 
This is why people are suspicious because we have seen excellent photos of kyle's with him being in the public eye.And it shows his result to be poor.
If her pics were better then people might forgive the Kyle result.
She should do some videos....I'd ask her to meet patients in person so you know. 




The main thing for me is that she is "kosha". What is seen as an acceptable HT is largely subjective anyway. I've seen lots of photos of "good" HT surgeons' patients whose HTs don't look that good. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 30th, 2018 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Donald
Member
 

Joined: Tue Jul 10th, 2018
Location:  
Posts: 2
Status: 
Offline
User Gallery
1. "why this forum only recommends three"  -  the forum doesn´t recommend clinics

2. "I can´t see why they are not recommended by this forum"  - the forum doesn´t recommend clinics 

3. "I would like to find an HT clinic that didn´t require that I spend £10,000 upwards" then research, if you don´t like the work of what you see or the price look for others. Why don´t you contact the clinics not here and ask them? 

4. "forum members might think I work for one of these other clinics, or am just a troll." - if you work for one you are not doing a good job and making them look bad ethically anyway, if you are not a troll you are doing a good job at sounding like one. When people start to protest without being questioned red flags fly. 

Posting lists of credentials or boards they are members of, makes you no better than all the clinics that boast about being the best and having the latest techniques, all there to just blindside what is important. If you like the results and you like the price choose a clinic and when you have it done then show off your result and help them and others by your experience.

Other than that I´m not sure what your point is if you don´t work for a clinic or not a troll or just have a gripe about life or this forum.  And this is written by a  real person that normally just sits and watches.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 01:18 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
Hairloss Experiences Hair Loss Forum > Hair Transplant Forum > General Hair loss Forum > How does this forum decide who the recommended UK HT clinics are? Top


logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2329 seconds (25% database + 75% PHP). 32 queries executed.