• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2870 FUT Hair Transplant with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Shapiro Medical Group

loui

loui

Valued member
Looks pretty good, I would expect more density in the coming months and you will hopefully be super happy at 12 months! :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks good for 6 months. The new hairline is there which frames your face nicely. The density should start filling in more in the next few months.
Thanks for the update.

S

storytime

Hi and thanks for the positive comments.

Here’s my 8.5 month update. Most of the gaps I saw at month 6 are now filled in. My hair looks great and my confidence is back. I’m now busy enjoying life and it has been great to have a full head of hair just in time for holidays.

The scar is well hidden as I keep my back hair at no. 3 or higher so nothing much to see there.

Overall I would rate my hair now at an 8/10 which is a full 2 point progress over month 6.

One thing to clarify though - The density isn’t as much as my native hair and in harsh light, one can see the frontal third a bit thinner. I’ve attached a few photos in direct sunlight. I’ve grown used to it and learned how to style my hair to give it a fuller effect. I use Aveda hair clay and so far it’s been giving me a fuller and more voluminous look. I never used hair fibers and don’t intend to use them.

Let me know what you guys think.

Dr. Ron Shapiro 8.5 months post-op hair transplant1.jpeg
Dr. Ron Shapiro 8.5 months post-op hair transplant2.jpeg
Dr. Ron Shapiro 8.5 months post-op hair transplant3.jpeg
Dr. Ron Shapiro 8.5 months post-op hair transplant4.jpeg
Dr. Ron Shapiro 8.5 months post-op hair transplant5.jpeg

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
It looks good considering how bald the front half of your head was and less than 3000 grafts used to cover a big area. What does it look like from above?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good at 8.5 months. The density will hopefully increase in the next few months.
But from your starting point it has already changed your appearance for the better.
Thanks for the update.

S

storytime

Thanks, Janna.

Wanted to leave my 10th month update. I can see my hair visibly thicken and I now get compliments from friends and family on how much younger I look. I still feel some new hairs popping up when I touch my scalp with the pads of my fingers so I am hoping I get to ride this hair growth phase for a couple of months more. I could not be happier with my results and to show you guys the progress I made, I included a before and after picture.

On the downside, I am now starting to feel my crown hair thin. I hope to control this with my continued minoxidil use and introduce derm-rolling. I have stopped taking finasteride since it gave me huge sides and a significant systemic decrease in DHT and an increase in prolactin levels as evidenced by my blood reports (I test for hormones regularly since I lift weights). Since stopping fin, my sides are all gone and I do not intend on using it again.

Let me know what you guys think of my journey so far and ideas to save my crown.

My before and after:

FUT with Shapiro Medical Group Minnesota - Dr. Ron Shapiro2.jpg
FUT with Shapiro Medical Group Minnesota - Dr. Ron Shapiro3.jpg
FUT with Shapiro Medical Group Minnesota - Dr. Ron Shapiro4.jpg
FUT with Shapiro Medical Group Minnesota - Dr. Ron Shapiro5.jpg
FUT with Shapiro Medical Group Minnesota - Dr. Ron Shapiro6.jpg
FUT with Shapiro Medical Group Minnesota - Dr. Ron Shapiro7.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hair is looking great. It’s a massive change from your pre-op appearance that is being confirmed by the positive comments from your friends and family. Good to hear you're still feeling new growth pushing through which shows some patients do experience late growth.
Have you considered topical finasteride for the crown? A lower dose specifically targeting the crown may work.
Your donor area looks very good at that length, no sign of your FUT scar.
Thanks for the update.

J

James6

Thanks, Janna.

Wanted to leave my 10th month update. I can see my hair visibly thicken and I now get compliments from friends and family on how much younger I look. I still feel some new hairs popping up when I touch my scalp with the pads of my fingers so I am hoping I get to ride this hair growth phase for a couple of months more. I could not be happier with my results and to show you guys the progress I made, I included a before and after picture.

On the downside, I am now starting to feel my crown hair thin. I hope to control this with my continued minoxidil use and introduce derm-rolling. I have stopped taking finasteride since it gave me huge sides and a significant systemic decrease in DHT and an increase in prolactin levels as evidenced by my blood reports (I test for hormones regularly since I lift weights). Since stopping fin, my sides are all gone and I do not intend on using it again.

Let me know what you guys think of my journey so far and ideas to save my crown.

My before and after:

View attachment 37485View attachment 37486View attachment 37487View attachment 37488View attachment 37489View attachment 37490
Great result!

N

Norwood

Valued member
What a difference, looks completely natural.

I'm not surprised you're getting positive comments, congrats.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Looks amazing, to be honest in my opinion that was a good size area covered with that amount of grafts and the result is fantastic congratulations.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
The difference at 10 months is incredible but sorry to hear about your crown loss. Have you thought about topical Finasteride?
I know it's expensive. There is also a topical DUT. From what I understand, it doesn't get absorbed so there aren't any side effects.