• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

3000 grafts - month 6.5 no more growth?

H

hydey2023!

I can’t say I blame you. It’s frustrating when you expect what in reality should be a great result from a fairly straightforward surgery (minimal loss and a great donor area)
It’s a shame but should you want options please feel free to reach out.
it is frustrating yes. i do believe my clinic offers free top ups in cases where the yield is poor. i’m due to meet in early October so i’ll see what they say

what do you mean by options?

MFCEO

MFCEO

I can’t say I blame you. It’s frustrating when you expect what in reality should be a great result from a fairly straightforward surgery (minimal loss and a great donor area)

it is frustrating yes. i do believe my clinic offers free top ups in cases where the yield is poor. i’m due to meet in early October so i’ll see what they say

what do you mean by options?
Just that. You should go back and speak with them and see what they are prepared to do. There’s plenty of help on here and lots of support to say that it’s a poor result so you’ve a community behind you. It’s always good to have some support and this forum is the place for that.

L

Luka

Judging from your post-op pictures, 3000 grafts were used to cover quite a big surface area. Let's be real, it's not a poor outcome and the perceived lack of density maybe due to many factors, but bear in mind that rare are those who get the desired density in one surgery. You should have a pre-op picture of yourself and look at it every day and not necessarily imagine the super dense hairline you hoped for, because in most cases it is not realistic. Depending on your situation, a second pass is an option for the future to densify the frontal third.

MFCEO

MFCEO

Let’s be real it’s a poor result because it hasn’t achieved what it should have considering his situation. If he wanted a different level of density to his original hair then it would have been okay but it isn’t.
In my opinion you was a straightforward case and should have easily achieved the results you expected and were no doubt promised. Hey what do I know I’ve only been in business 8 years and working with thousands of guys. I’m not sure what Lukas experience is but everyone has an opinion.

L

Luka

Poor result compared to the best outcomes maybe, but what is the percentage of great results in reality? Even good clinics advertise only the best, but how many average and poor-to-average results are there in reality? It's impossible to know. What's important now is to try to establish the reasons for the seemingly average yield and try to devise a strategy for a second surgery. In my opinion, the surgeon is key. If you have enough donor, if you have stopped recession of your native hair and if you have the money, go to a proven surgeon and make it your last transplant of the frontal part. And BTW, from my personal experience and without going into details here it is not small, if at 6 months you are not happy with growth, chances are you will not be afterwards. For the touch-up, I would recommend you to see Loui's thread and his amazing result.

MFCEO

MFCEO

Poor result compared to the best outcomes maybe, but what is the percentage of great results in reality? Even good clinics advertise only the best, but how many average and poor-to-average results are there in reality? It's impossible to know. What's important now is to try to establish the reasons for the seemingly average yield and try to devise a strategy for a second surgery. In my opinion, the surgeon is key. If you have enough donor, if you have stopped recession of your native hair and if you have the money, go to a proven surgeon and make it your last transplant of the frontal part. And BTW, from my personal experience and without going into details here it is not small, if at 6 months you are not happy with growth, chances are you will not be afterwards. For the touch-up, I would recommend you to see Loui's thread and his amazing result.
With respect Luka……unless your a professional within this industry and not someone who’s had a surgery and is now an “expert” I’d say that your opinion is

MFCEO

MFCEO

With respect Luka……unless your a professional within this industry and not someone who’s had a surgery and is now an “expert” I’d say that your opinion is
To be taken within that context. A poor result is a poor result and that’s evident. I’ve seen your posts and I’ll reserve my opinions on them and your enthusiasm.
I’m signing off from this thread now but good luck hydey2023 and don’t get fobbed off when you go back to the doctor/clinic that did this.
You wasn’t promised a low result. I’m gonna say you was promised a natural level of density that matches your original existing hair and you didn’t get that. I’m not saying it was done in malice or bad faith etc sometimes it happens but when it does it’s best to call it what it is….a poor result.
Ask the surgeon if he is happy for you to show it and tag him on Instagram….see what they say.
Good luck and keep going
You deserve the results you was promised.

Luka - always nice to meet new people with new opinions and I’d be interested to hear what you do for a profession? Feel free to inbox me anytime mate.

Take care guys.

L

Luka

You are being disrespectful, chill out. Professionals are often biased especially if they are active in the business, I have never said I was an expert, but I am just sharing some experience (without going into specifics) and my opinion, if you don't mind. It's not about me, it's about the post
To be taken within that context. A poor result is a poor result and that’s evident. I’ve seen your posts and I’ll reserve my opinions on them and your enthusiasm.
I’m signing off from this thread now but good luck hydey2023 and don’t get fobbed off when you go back to the doctor/clinic that did this.
You wasn’t promised a low result. I’m gonna say you was promised a natural level of density that matches your original existing hair and you didn’t get that. I’m not saying it was done in malice or bad faith etc sometimes it happens but when it does it’s best to call it what it is….a poor result.
Ask the surgeon if he is happy for you to show it and tag him on Instagram….see what they say.
Good luck and keep going
You deserve the results you was promised.

Luka - always nice to meet new people with new opinions and I’d be interested to hear what you do for a profession? Feel free to inbox me anytime mate.

Take care guys.
It's a valid point of view, he should indeed call the surgeon to account. He would probably not put him on Instagram. Problem is, he will not get a refund and going to the same surgeon that produced unsatisfactory results is probably not the way to go. On our side, it's not easy based on a few pictures to be completely objective. On one hand, does it look better than it was before - yes. On the other - could it be better? Most probably. That's the reality of hair transplants. If he has good donor and picks a top surgeon next time, there is nothing to worry about. Cheers guys, we are here to exchange views and help each other out...