• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Alright - 5 month update. 3845 grafts with Hattingen. Slow grower?

• Thread starter Blixa Haar...fell
  • Start date
Blixa Haar...fell

Blixa Haar...fell

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted. I'm a few days shy of my 5th month anniversary since my FUE with Hattingen.

What are people seeing here? While the native hair has finally grown back to its former length, the grafts - most noticeably in the front - still amount to little more than a couple sprouts here and there.

This is my first rodeo where hair restoration is concerned. Does this look normal to people? Should I have expected more growth by now? Or are my expectations unrealistic? I'd love some input / shared experiences if you've got them.

PXL_20240404_093521103.jpg
PXL_20240404_093455637.jpg
PXL_20240404_093449300.jpg
PXL_20240404_093442467~2.jpg
PXL_20240404_093433787.jpg
PXL_20240404_093441145.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20240404_093431402.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20240404_093843787.jpg
PXL_20231107_140230341.jpg

Blixa Haar...fell

Blixa Haar...fell

The top down angle looks quite healthy, in my opinion! It's just the front that's leaving me a bit anxious.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The growth is coming through. At 5 months I think you are a slower grower than others we see. It is an anxious time waiting/seeing others with lots of growth but reality is everyone grows at different rates. I have seen plenty of people that start seeing growth at 6 months. Hang in there a little longer.

Blixa Haar...fell

Blixa Haar...fell

Thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate it.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Based on what I'm seeing, I don't see anything out of the ordinary. What I've always told patients over the years is that one shouldn't expect signs of follicular life till between 3 months and 5 months. If you get anything sooner, that's just a bonus. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and you have many more months of progress yet to see, so keep in touch with the clinic with updates, continue meds (assuming you're taking one or more) and live the healthiest life you can. In seven months, you may realize that the surgery is easy and the waiting is what really is the worst thing about the entire ordeal.

N

Norwood

Valued member
It all looks fine to me. My implanted hair didn't really grow much until after the 5-6 month mark, but it came through in the end.

It's just a waiting game unfortunately but try not to worry, Hattingen are very good at what they do.

Blixa Haar...fell

Blixa Haar...fell

Based on what I'm seeing, I don't see anything out of the ordinary. What I've always told patients over the years is that one shouldn't expect signs of follicular life till between 3 months and 5 months. If you get anything sooner, that's just a bonus. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and you have many more months of progress yet to see, so keep in touch with the clinic with updates, continue meds (assuming you're taking one or more) and live the healthiest life you can. In seven months, you may realize that the surgery is easy and the waiting is what really is the worst thing about the entire ordeal.
Hey Joe,

That's certainly reassuring. I was feeling quite patient until I read some rather bold statements on another forum that by 5-6 months, one should already see what they're getting - especially in the front.

For whatever reason, there can be a lot of all-or-nothing thinking within this strange world of hairloss and restoration. I'm prone to it myself. I appreciate you sharing experience.

Also - I'd like you to know that you and Spencer seriously saved my skin.
You took a call from a Toronto guy who was going to Turkey without even checking which surgeon he wanted...and it was from that recorded snippet that I learned about so many things to avoid.
I even managed to save a friend from a horrible mistake by sending him that same clip.
He was initially going to Turkey because he "knew a guy" who could give him a cheap deal.
I managed to convince him to go to Biçer instead.

Blixa Haar...fell

Blixa Haar...fell

It all looks fine to me. My implanted hair didn't really grow much until after the 5-6 month mark, but it came through in the end.

It's just a waiting game unfortunately but try not to worry, Hattingen are very good at what they do.
Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your feedback.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Hey Joe,

That's certainly reassuring. I was feeling quite patient until I read some rather bold statements on another forum that by 5-6 months, one should already see what they're getting - especially in the front.

For whatever reason, there can be a lot of all-or-nothing thinking within this strange world of hairloss and restoration. I'm prone to it myself. I appreciate you sharing experience.

Also - I'd like you to know that you and Spencer seriously saved my skin.
You took a call from a Toronto guy who was going to Turkey without even checking which surgeon he wanted...and it was from that recorded snippet that I learned about so many things to avoid.
I even managed to save a friend from a horrible mistake by sending him that same clip.
He was initially going to Turkey because he "knew a guy" who could give him a cheap deal.
I managed to convince him to go to Biçer instead.
I'm glad to know that, thank you for sharing.