• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Cosmedica

W

whatyalookingat

Hi FUE guy, I did a lot of research on cosmedica over a year in which I couldn't find a bad review of the place with loads of before and after results that where impressive. Cosmedica give the impression that their doctors take part in the surgery however when you go you realise it's not the case. Looking back on the decision to g through with it might not have been the wisest but I can only hope and pray that the result will be ok. I was limited in my knowledge of the industry. Lisbonlion was the only bad result so far that I had seen however not finished and only at 10 months. Having built myself up for a year to go through with the surgery it would have been very difficult to withdraw. And plus I only knew the doctors wouldn't take part after they didn't. Hindsight is 20/20 vision and I hope I won't have a bad result!

Last edited:
W

whatyalookingat

Here's an update just past ten week mark last Friday some signs of growth since week 7.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:
W

whatyalookingat

Hi guys anyone know if this is on track for 11 weeks? It's such a slooooooowwwww process! Any ideas on how to speed up growth!

W

whatyalookingat

Hi guys anyone know if this is on track for 11 weeks? It's such a slooooooowwwww process! Any ideas on how to speed up growth!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,052
W

whatyalookingat

Hi people I'm 3 months since the HT in cosmedica starting to see a few hairs spring out. Using finasteride nizoral shampoo, rogaine, scalp tonic biotin pills and vitamins, please let me know what you think? You can see the old hair line I believe in the photo, I've decided to let it grow as I've been buzzing it with a 3 blade since a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,011
W

whatyalookingat

Hi guys I'm on 14 weeks post op at the moment getting a bit worried that I should have more growth can anyone tell me if I should have more growth at this stage? If my op was botched apparently 3300 grafts will I have enough donor left for a repair?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 931
Last edited:
L

LSK

Valued member
I think the average donor has around 7500 grafts available. But it's way too early to be thinking about a repair. Although I do get it, haha. Think positive!

What age are you?

W

whatyalookingat

I'm 33 mate thanks for the reply! I'm prepared for the worst case scenario after seeing lisbons result! How is everything with you LSK?

L

LSK

Valued member
Yeah, I guess thinking about the worst case scenario is definitely the way to go. It's also what I'm doing. Plus accepting that it will be disappointing but not the end of the world. I have a bad feeling that they didn't implant enough grafts, I had 2500, supposedly - but I'm going to save my worrying for around the 6 month mark!

I'm at 8 weeks on Monday. I have random growth and can feel some stubble.

I keep getting horrible spots on my scalp. Did you get that at all?

W

whatyalookingat

Yeah Man got that around 7-8 weeks they went away quick enough it's just the hairs starting to grow. To be honest I thought Cosmedica was a safe bet but given my experience and how they trick you into thinking the doctors would do more etc and Lisbons experience I'm not so sure! Only time will tell though fingers crossed.

L

LSK

Valued member
Good to know. My scalp is still slightly numb and also quite tender. Weird.

Yeah, I didn't set eyes on Dr Acar again after he had taken the money. I knew he wouldn't be performing my HT but I was lead to believe that he would be supervising the whole thing!

S

steviebhoy

hi lads, listen dont let my result dishearten you. cosmedica to be fair have produced some very good results. Iv searched and searched and searched and couldn't find a bad result apart from myself, surely if there were, it wouldn't be hard to find. It's only human nature to think of the worst case scenario, when you see something negative, however I don't think there is anything to worry about. Stay positive.

L

LSK

Valued member
That's a generous attitude Lisbon.

Any update on your situation?

S

steviebhoy

LSK wrote:
That's a generous attitude Lisbon.

Any update on your situation?
I'm only speaking the truth m8. I haven't heard anything from cosmedica after BM asked for permission to speak on my behalf, for an explanation. I'm going to be 1 yr post op in 13 days time, I will give cosmedica a few pics, they have offered to do another session free of charge, a few months ago. I'll decide in a few weeks either way. I started using an Indian Medicine oil and shampoo, called kesh King a few days ago, and still taking multi vitamins, biotin and nizarol shampoo too. How's your hair coming on?

L

LSK

Valued member
Any new growth? I have never heard of kesh king, have you heard good stuff about it?

I'm at 8 weeks, so full on ugly duckling. Wearing a hat all the time is getting me down a bit.

W

whatyalookingat

Hey LSK I know how you feel about the hat! It gets me down too haha I just hope it grows so there will be a day where I don't need it! I'm starting to see a good bit of growth now. It honestly gets better after 3 months when the hair really starts to grow and the red goes down

L

LSK

Valued member
Yeah, mine is going in the bin when this is all over!

That's good to hear. You are almost at the anticipated 4 month mark. Lucky! Have you felt any of the tingling that people talk about?

W

whatyalookingat

Here are my pictures at 15 weeks and 4.5 months.

15 weeks

5781_221717_330000004.jpg

5781_221717_330000003.jpg

4.5 months

5781_221716_550000003.jpg

5781_221716_550000002.jpg

5781_221716_550000001.jpg

5781_221716_550000000.jpg

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
That is a lot of grafts and should give a really nice result ,you got growth coming in their at 4 .5 months and the design and hairline is taking shape so everything should start to get even better in the next couple of months , do yourself a favour dont judge your own HT on somebody who has not had a good outcome be positive keep doing your plan of action with the meds and shampoo , my suggestion take pictures every 2 weeks and compare

Thanks for sharing with us

Daz