• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Do Not Tattoo Your Head

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Actually Tim there is a point. Others can read the exchange here and it might be useful for them in fact we could be drastically changing someone €™s life for the better. If any of this exchange is untrue then the reader can simply dismiss it and decide what they believe is truth. Honest clinics that do high end work I €™m sure could care less what you and I have to say along with honest forums. There is actually a marketing niche there an honest forum that caters only to honest clinics then prospective patients don €™t have to try and figure out all this bull crap. Many are rolling the dice they just don't know it.

On an additional note, personally I don €™t feel the need to come off as some friendly savior I just need to write what I have learned to be truth. Doesn €™t mean I €™m not friendly just means I don €™t have to pretend like many of the image conscious, media endorsement driven reps.

Tim if we would have some of this information 20+ years ago it could have been a game changer for both of us. Too late..............might as well do something good with the information.

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Topcat..

Sorry, the "no point going on" comment was regarding my post and meant I had moaned enough...

You are right... there is reason to "go on"... I have always thought that if my story would stop just one poor guy making the wrong choice.... then its well worth it..

Tim

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
I think over time and it does take time one learns to get over the shame and it becomes a lesson learned on the road of life and a lesson that can be passed on to others so that is where the value is to be found. One person €™s experience helping hundreds of others and we are the chosen.

Something I am currently reading basically states. Shame becomes something hard to rid oneself of so what we can do is become resilient. Those with high shame resilience understand shame and what triggers it. They can talk about it and are more authentic. They can tell their story and like who they are in the process.

I can agree with that premise and I have no shame stating that I think these guys tattooing dots all over someone €™s head are scumbags. I can say it with no shame and still like myself;)

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
The facts are quite simple in my opinion if one simply takes the time to read and understand the history and players in this industry.

Fred from Belgium clearly stands out as a very good example of making the right choice. He had a reasonable number of fue grafts with a doctor that is skilled at using a small hand punch. The advantage that Fred clearly has is that he lives in Belgium and most simply will not travel to the location where those wielding the small hand punch are performing their work. Regardless of if it's Belgium, Spain, Turkey, Sydney where ever that location happens to be it's just too overwhelming to make the trip and I understand that but making the trip is the better choice. These high end doctors are not tattooing heads, why would they do that when there is clearly a superior alternative.

All this other stuff is just second rate crap although I will concede that for those who want to maximize their donor high end strip clinics do perform some great work and the results clearly can't be denied but once again chances are you will need to travel. Strip would not be my first choice for sure but that is my opinion from my own experience.

As stated everything else is crap and it does really come down to doctors in the past clearly not putting in the time and effort necessary to become skilled with the small punch. They either did not possess the necessary hand eye coordination or it was simply a matter of economics. They could not stand losing money by having to slow down and do less. Robots and tattooing sometimes become the alternative but it is absolutely without doubt not the best choice.

Donor scars should be addressed with fue and the donor area cut to a reasonable length and that is a reasonable goal that can be achieved.

This argument does not suit the 99% that work this industry.

Many in the industry get hot under the collar when you point out that maybe they are doing something wrong but yet they still need to maintain that "I'm a good guy/gal and here to help you image". The truth is there are plenty of people that are and were doing the right thing. Maybe overall the percentage is very low but still there are enough. Listen to what many of these guys are or were promoting or search the history then the liars and those making money at any cost rise to the surface.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. Mark Twain

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Even though I would agree an older guy may be able to make a better decision in regards to choosing a hair tattoo or not. My opinion is that the hairline , hair color and hair style need to match the rest of the face and skin.

Speaking just for myself, even though I feel my skin is in very good condition I welcome the grey hair because it looks normal as everything is better when it matches. Having a dark colored shaved head after a certain again simply does not look normal in my opinion and that is why that look appears so odd to at least me.

It €™s like a bad toupee having too much hair and too low of a hairline, or the color just being too dark.

Same would apply to hair transplant is some respect. You do not want too low of a hairline €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦.just plan on looking normal later on in life. Planning just for today is not a good long term strategy.

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Barbaric or ill advised procedures of the past regardless of if they are hair transplant related or not all have one thing in common. They were highly promoted and accepted during their moment in time €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦FACT €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦.only in hindsight do others comment €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦. €what were they thinking? € with a laugh in their voice.

Those that work in the hair transplant industry even have the nerve to comment on those that chose some of those ill advised procedures of the past while they promote the hair ink dots like some type of carnival barker. They are simply the new carnival barkers replacing those of days gone by.

Hey Joe Weider the publisher and king of fitness magazines didn't think twice of promoting guys like Bosley or Brandy meanwhile you had guys turning .357 magnums on themselves trying to blow a hole in their chest after procedures like the hairlift. Do these guys doing the promotion care? I don't know you tell me. These are facts, this is history and it all becomes wash, rinse and repeat.

Whenever I speak with a Brandy patient and I know several we can always laugh about his closer. He would wheel in the brother-in-law and the brother-in-law would tell you how he had the procedure himself.....................boom the closer. The boom from the guy with the .357 you didn't hear about that guy.....................think for you self.

Brandy's book, "A New Headstart," Brandy
writes on page 109, "Today, the hairlift has become widely accepted as an
exciting new procedure..."

Yes they are all exciting new procedures when there is money to be made.

Headstart................hmmm...............what a catchy name...............sounds like something good.

Last edited:
B

Baldy Bunnet

Valued member
What exactly is a hairlift top cat? Obviously some type of surgical procedure, I'm imagining something similar to a scalp reduction.

Sounds horrific anyway

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Baldy horrific all depends on who is telling the story. If one were to understand the procedure fully meaning 100% of the information is disclosed then one you probably be more inclined to use descriptive terms such as horrific, barbaric, etc.

The problem becomes if you do not understand the procedure fully to begin with how do you know which questions to ask? This still applies today most simply do not know what to ask or are afraid of being offensive by asking.

Yes similar to a scalp reduction only much more invasive and yes that is possible. Almost like watching a facelift where the facial skin is actually separated from the facial bones, peeled back then lifted. With the hairlift it was done on the sides of the head. It was not described in these terms during the consultation and it was only years later that I actually had the chance to view the procedure itself. Anyone actually viewing the procedure would more then likely not choose it.

Most researching hair transplants don't understand the hair on the scalp is like a unique finger print in many ways. Subtle turns in direction that all kind of meld together. It has to be exactly right and it's not as simple as moving hair from one place to another.

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Baldy if you read that thread on the PR piece and view the last post with the news article. The tech could be described as having been with the company for 10+ years, multi talented, with exceptional skill where eye and hand coordination are required. Truly an asset.

Or we can describe him as the guy that works on my farm and has been with me for over 10+ years. He shovels up the chicken and pig poop and he is really good and skinning muskrat. I thought I would bring him into the clinic to help out as he works for a fairly low wage so we started him off as janitor and now he places grafts and glues them into place too.

Who is telling the story.

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
One thing I can say about myself no amount of money can entice me to say or do something that would cause harm to some desperate individual but it is a fact that a good majority of those that work in the hair loss industry can do it with a very clear conscience. I have even seen repair patients enter the industry and they just seem to completely lose their mind with the money that can be made, it €™s amazing to watch it all.

If you think these guys that regret the hair dot tattoo are coming back to warn you don €™t hold your breath. It works the same way with the bad ht jobs. It €™s disappointing to have to say this but many of them are selfish and they will do whatever it is they have to do in order to save themselves helping you is simply not on their list of things to do €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..sorry but it €™s true. Sure there are a few here and there but most just say to themselves screw you €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦.it €™s your problem and that is in fact why the same thing happened to them. Because the guy before them did exactly the same thing.

You have no recourse with the hair dot tattoo on you head. Even if there were you are too ashamed and embarrassed regardless of what you may think now. More guys need to start coming forward and speaking publically and do whatever it takes to stop some of these bozos in the hair loss indusry otherwise they will just keep doing it. They have no problem tattooing the head of some 21 one year old as they have no moral values.

Anyone that is older knows that a 21 one year old is easy bait and when I see these guys go after it I find it disgusting.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Understand something completely. These guys will have you locked in a box and it will be a box of shame which now limits your options. You will either not say much and just try and get it fixed or you might have a few minutes of glory before you receive the cease and desist letter.This is in fact why many just disappear and that even includes the ht reps that never came back to update there own threads. They know better and just do the same, move on. There is no room for error €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦absolutely zero €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦and that €™s the fact jack.

Don't you find it odd that an actual ht rep never came back to update his own ht thread...................well I can tell you after watching for so many years it's not odd. Don't expect hair tattoos to be any different and don't let these guys make an ass out of you. It's serious money we are talking about here and they will do whatever they have to and that includes not playing nice.

Yes at times they will create the illusion of teamwork as opposed to bashing each others work................but that is in fact an illusion to keep things moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
You also have to understand the forums can be like a big party and of course everyone wants to be at the party where all the people are hanging out. The host is doing a great job and everyone is having a good time then look who walks in €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..Uncle Joey the good guy with his big smile. But you see I know Uncle Joey for a very long time and I know Uncle Joey is not a good guy so I course I €™m seething and my stomach is all tied up in knots. I don €™t want to spoil the party and offend the host but at some point I blurt out there €™s Uncle the big prick. It doesn €™t seem to bother him and now I look like the bad guy €¦ €¦ €¦. Uncle Joey is pretty smart guy and knows it's all about perception so I just bite tongue, I don €™t want to get kicked out of the party so I kind of just whisper it into the ears of those standing around me.

Sometimes depending on the party Uncle Joey will bring his entourage of 6 or 7 guys. If someone says something bad about him well then his guys come over and start asking why you bothering Uncle Joey he €™s a good guy. Sometimes there not so nice about it. We saw that this past summer earlier in the thread.

Just beware there are Uncle Joey €™s out there and if you watch them long enough you know what they are about and just because those in the know don €™t say anything doesn €™t mean they don €™t know. It €™s just the new people that don €™t know and you don't want to learn about Uncle Joey the hard way.

I wrote about a chicken coop I built this summer I find that it relaxes me and loosens any knots I have in my stomach sometimes brought on by Uncle Joey. Chicago is not known for chickens nor is it known for hawks. Usually I keep the chickens locked up if I €™m not around. There is a cat that comes peeping around and he looks like he is up to no good. My neighbor took a picture a few weeks and on top of the coop landed a hawk. How in the heck did a hawk find a chicken coop in Chicago €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦.because somehow he just knows he knows where the chickens are at. Guess what if you are a young guy looking for an answer to hairloss you are not the hawk.

H

hairhair98

Valued member
Why do you keep trying to paint HIS as the bad guy, like you did with your analogy above? HIS is probably the most transparent and trusted SMP organization that exists. People come to HIS to fix the kinds of disasters that you initially started this thread about. They are the good guys in the industry, and it is proven by the thousands of threads in their forum that document the positive experiences of both new and repair clients.

Here is a perfect example of someone that had a terrible treatment, and came to HIS where they fixed it and left him ecstatic with the results.

You're so blinded by your hatred of SMP that you think the good guys are the bad guys.

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Relax hair98
I don €™t have any hatred for HIS maybe I don €™t agree with the hair tattoo but I certainly do not hate anyone. C €™mon you have to admit about 6 of your guys came on to this thread all at the same time €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..lol €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..it €™s like you were trying to muscle someone on the internet €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..I thought it was funny €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦you should have laughed at what I wrote as I was just being light hearted and trying to make a point.

It €™s a well known fact that many in the hair loss industry have lied both past and present and most would not deny it. I think many of them that have made a little money and could easily just move on. Yet they keep coming up with new lies when the old ones no longer work. Hopefully young guys are getting wise to this but only time will tell.

Personally I wish some of those that work in this industry would just move on already please do everyone a favor and move on you have done enough damage. It €™s like they have this strange obsession and as if it €™s only thing they know how to do and all they are known for so they keep coming back for more €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦I think eventually their luck is going to run out.

Yes that example you posted is a big improvement but I would still say long term it €™s not a solution for most and certainly not for some young guy to tattoo his whole head.

I mean if you look at some of these people trying to entice a 21 year old to come on in and get your head tattooed you would have to conclude that they are not normal. It's as if the lack the governor most normal individuals have during the thought process. This is why I advise others regardless of if it's ht or the hair tattoo................try to find out more about these people on a personal level.

H

hairhair98

Valued member
topccat29 wrote:
you should have laughed at what I wrote as I was just being light hearted and trying to make a point.
Your point was that HIS is the bad guy in the hairloss industry. Not true, not funny.

While everyone else spends a little time on the forums of HIS and other reputable clinics, and quickly determines that these companies are in fact improving peoples lives, and are the good guys in the industry, you remain utterly confused as to why SMP is exploding in popularity.

Apparently if someone hasn't been around the hairloss industry for 20+ years, and/or you haven't personally met them in your house (as you have bizarrely referenced many times), you are unable to deduce whether a testimonial is sincere... even though there are hundreds and hundreds of threads full of pictures/videos, detailed stories, and offers to meet in person.

Unless of course, it's a negative testimonial... in which case it goes straight to the top of your evidence file.

Being critical is one thing... but there is such a thing as being too suspicious, and too closed minded about such things. You are so far gone that you are advising people to doubt/disregard the input of clinics and clients (like myself and the others) who clearly have the best interest of others in mind.

Something tells me that you wont be able to recognize how turning people away from clinics/services that could legitimately provide relief to their struggles can be just as harmful as going to clinics that make it worse.

It's as if the lack the governor most normal individuals have during the thought process.
Pot, kettle.

I look forward to your next set of 10 consecutive posts where you repeat the same old rhetoric over and over to yourself.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
SMP is exploding in popularity no need to worry about my opinion then................

My guess would be is that you are looking to make a buck in that same industry.............I could be wrong but that would be my first guess.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Hairhair did I tell you I €™m putting together a book on the hair loss industry. It €™s not about techniques so much but about the people in it. For instance you, why do you come here and me why do I come here. I would like to peel back the top of your head and take a look inside. Try and figure out what makes you go tick tock €¦ €¦ €¦..lol €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦you know what I mean?

My suggestion to others is to watch those that come to those forums as prospective patients before they have any type of procedure and see what happens and most especially if they disappear. Guys that come to a forum after the fact €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..well let €™s just say you need to be careful.

One thing I can say about working in the night club business for so many years is that I received a very good education in figuring out people that were full of crap. It could have served me well at 23 but we can €™t turn back the hands of time.

Over a decade ago people were being lured on the forums into going to India to have work performed €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦.$1.00 a graft was good marketing. I just watched €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦.. so many names guys like stingray69, boomboom, and others all casualties guess that $1.00 was such a great deal.

Meanwhile you had some of these doctors writing articles with plenty of medical jargon to impress. They had their new discoveries like donor sealing. I didn €™t need a medical degree to figure out that the body heals wounds on it €™s on providing the wound is not too big. Grafted skin looks like shit €¦ €¦ €¦..not very scientific I will admit but the truth as I have seen burn victims. It has it €™s place but certainly not in ht.

You also had other doctors writing in the same style that style to impress €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦wow that guy really sounds smart. For him the 1.2 mm punch was dandy as he explained why. Tell that to all the guys who had substantial scarring. 10 years later the writing style is the same for that doctor only this time it €™s hair regeneration with the use of Acell. Where did that exactly go?

Hairhair you have someone who reminds me of the same on your forum the hatinghats guy the engineer he is going to explain why it €™s all safe to inject ink into your head. He reminds me of those doctors from 10 years ago. As long as he takes responsibility for the advice same as you and people know where to find you then keep doing what you are doing.

Last edited:
I

IanD

Valued member
topccat29 wrote:
Hairhair did I tell you I €™m putting together a book on the hair loss industry.
Mate - you told everyone. It'll be bigger than Ebola if this thread goes on any longer.

H

hairhair98

Valued member
topccat29 wrote:
SMP is exploding in popularity no need to worry about my opinion then.........
Your opinion is essentially meaningless to me.

As has been explained numerous times, my motivation is to make 'vulnerable young men' (as you often put it) aware that much of your advice is terrible. Apparently that concept is too complicated for you to understand, so you remain perpetually confused about why people care so much about "your opinion".

My guess would be is that you are looking to make a buck in that same industry.............I could be wrong but that would be my first guess.
I've posted a lengthy diary of my treatment and have hundreds of posts over at HIS forums that people can read through. I've said repeatedly here that i dont receive any compensation from the SMP industry.

I feel like most people would look at all that and conclude that im probably not a shill trying to mislead people for profit. But not you. Apparently i dont pass your conman test... which isn't surprising considering you accuse nearly everyone that disagrees with you of the same thing.

It's laughable how often you say others disagree with your 'analysis' only because they are trying to make money, all while you repeatedly bring up the book you plan to profit from.

This thread is less about SMP, and more a study about how someone with your mindset interacts with society. At this point, i think i'll just observe. Carry on.

y8F8s.gif

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
We can go back 15 years, guys were posting to forums about micropigmentation and hair tattoos and they all ended up worse off in the long run.

Maybe the technology has gotten better but those people that were convincing those guys to do it. They are still around in the hair loss industry including ht and in fact they are the majority that has not changed.

Young guys should pay attention to those that keep hammering out result after result with big bold HD pictures........................and they should also pay attention to those that offer tiny pictures along with patients that don't respond to how their progress is going or do not come back to comment.

I posted to Carl's thread because I know he is an actual repair patient as he has been around too long. Yet he never responded. Maybe his hair tattoo turned out great but knowing how this industry operates I find it odd.

Don't worry hairhair....................I post for myself as a stress reliever I doubt many will take the time to read or listen most especially young guys. Here is an average post below by a young guy....................I don't think they can be helped...............I feel bad for them but a few postings are not going to help them.

Why would someone risk heart failure for a few strands of hair because they are that desperate. I can also tell you that those that take risk without care change their tune very quickly when things go wrong....................they are alone and now need to deal with their decision....................you hairhair will not be their to hold their hand.

Hey Mark, did you get ahold of zero by chance? I am still experiencing difficulty breathing and chest pains 7 weeks after trying anagens premade ru 3% solution.Chest x-ray, ekg and bloodwork are normal... awaiting results of a cat scan and abdominal ultrasound. Unfortunately I don"t believe they will show anything as I believe it is my heart that has been affected So I will probably have to get an echocardiography done. This has been a nightmare for the past 7 weeks... I wanted to see if zero could potentially shed light on what is going on.

Last edited: