• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Michalis Georgiou MANUAL FUE 1214 grafts

mr_telogen

mr_telogen

So I decided on Dr Michalis Georgiou in Nicosia, Cyprus to add some density to my hairline. This was my 2nd hair transplant.

Why Dr Michalis?

I wanted a Dr who is involved in everything and with great experience. Hes doing all the manual extractions(so hes limited in how many grafts he can do per day, its very time consuming with manual fue, but extremely good if you want to take care of your donor area and do minimal damage), hes also doing all the incisions, while his nurses implant the grafts while Dr Michalis is in the room once in a while to supervise the process.

They are using high magnification loupes both Dr Michalis and all his nurses. They are using microscopes to sort the grafts aswell. They are highly professional in everything they do.

They are a very underrated in my opinion, Dr Michalis is trained by one of the greats, Dr Cole in the US and have been performing hair tranplants since 2003.

His pricing in Cyprus is 1,95 euro per graft and he also do surgery in Barcelona for 3 euro per graft.

Before
View attachment 33439View attachment 33440

The transplant
View attachment 33441View attachment 33442View attachment 33443View attachment 33444View attachment 33445View attachment 33446View attachment 33447View attachment 33448View attachment 33449View attachment 33450View attachment 33451View attachment 33452

Feel free to comment and ask me anything! :)
impressive extractions, your hairline will be pretty dense if you got your math right

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes its a little bit itchy, the donor area. Its fine, I am used to it since my last transplant.

Will post some photos in a bit, Day 5.

Anti histamines seem to work for a lot of people. Keep the photos coming.

loui

loui

Valued member
Yesterday, Day 5, all scabs already gone, extremely quick healing.

IMG_20220626_152223.jpg
IMG_20220626_152217.jpg
IMG_20220626_152200.jpg
IMG_20220626_152144.jpg
IMG_20220626_152124.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing post-op healing. Dr Michalis has certainly performed some ultra refined work for you. There does not appear to be any shock loss either to the existing hair. I doubt anyone could tell you’ve had anything done.
Nice clear pictures too.

loui

loui

Valued member
Some closeups of the small stubbles that is coming up before I will soon enter the telogen phase and then wait for another 6 months..

Look how little redness it is, this is 8 days post op, not sure what Dr Michalis uses to create incisions but its very fast healing.

Screenshot_2022-06-29-21-23-48-445_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-29-21-25-04-650_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-29-21-25-13-045_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-29-21-25-23-865_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Last edited:
loui

loui

Valued member
Amazing post-op healing. Dr Michalis has certainly performed some ultra refined work for you. There does not appear to be any shock loss either to the existing hair. I doubt anyone could tell you’ve had anything done.
Nice clear pictures too.
Thanks @Bigmac, now I just need to wait for the long 6 months again, unshaven FUE is really the way for added density to keep having a nice hairstyle, it takes a good Dr though to perform the unshaven method which Dr Michalis specializes in.

B

Bobbins

Are there some doubles in the hairline from the first surgery, or is that just a trick of the angles in the close up photo?

The recent work looks really impressive. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone heal that quickly before.

loui

loui

Valued member
Are there some doubles in the hairline from the first surgery, or is that just a trick of the angles in the close up photo?

The recent work looks really impressive. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone heal that quickly before.
Yes I have some doubles in the hairline and some multis close behind the front rows but it was not from this surgery with Dr Michalis.

Its difficult to remove them though thats why Dr Michalis tried to dense pack singles to soften and give the hairline double the density with hopefully a softer look.

I would not want to lower the hairline and I do not want to punch out grafts in the front, its a good risk for lots of scarring, I am pretty prone to scarring generally. Usually a 1cm lowering would do the trick but its not a wise move when I am just 27 and with a limited donor.

B

Bobbins

Yes I have some doubles in the hairline and some multis close behind the front rows but it was not from this surgery with Dr Michalis.

Its difficult to remove them though thats why Dr Michalis tried to dense pack singles to soften and give the hairline double the density with hopefully a softer look.

I would not want to lower the hairline and I do not want to punch out grafts in the front, its a good risk for lots of scarring, I am pretty prone to scarring generally. Usually a 1cm lowering would do the trick but its not a wise move when I am just 27 and with a limited donor.
Sounds like a pragmatic and sensible approach. I suspect you may just have earned the surgeon some new customers!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @Bigmac, now I just need to wait for the long 6 months again, unshaven FUE is really the way for added density to keep having a nice hairstyle, it takes a good Dr though to perform the unshaven method which Dr Michalis specializes in.

Yes, skill, patience and confidence to delicately add density without damaging the neighboring follicles. Dr Michalis has certainly proved he has the ability. Hopefully, you see a lot of early growth before the 6 month mark.
Out of curiosity, what are you using to take these high quality pictures?

loui

loui

Valued member
Yes, skill, patience and confidence to delicately add density without damaging the neighboring follicles. Dr Michalis has certainly proved he has the ability. Hopefully, you see a lot of early growth before the 6 month mark.
Out of curiosity, what are you using to take these high quality pictures?
Thanks @Bigmac

I just use my phone, but I take the photos until I see all the details and its easy if you do it in good lighting conditions for the camera to pick up.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How good is your donor looking. I’m impressed.
Yes, most phone will take good pictures unless it’s quite old. Your pictures are flawless though. They show every intricate detail.

loui

loui

Valued member
About 3 weeks postop, most hair should have gone into ugly duckling phase now :(

I also ordered a endoscope camera, extreme closeups coming this week! :)

IMG_20220711_010739.jpg
IMG_20220711_010723.jpg
IMG_20220711_010920.jpg
IMG_20220711_010753.jpg
IMG_20220711_010810.jpg
IMG_20220711_010824.jpg
IMG_20220711_010534.jpg
IMG_20220711_010621.jpg
IMG_20220711_010557.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, the healing from this surgery has been quick and looks very good. No one would know you`ve had anything done.
You must be very happy with this healing.
I`ll look forward to seeing some extreme close-up pictures once your new device arrives.

F

Follicly_challenged

Your healing appears to be great combination of a good doctor and good genes!

What was your history Loui? How old are you and what were the details of your first surgery?

Looking great!

loui

loui

Valued member
Your healing appears to be great combination of a good doctor and good genes!

What was your history Loui? How old are you and what were the details of your first surgery?

Looking great!
Usually my healing is bad so I truly think Dr Michalis is using low diameter instruments and alot of attention to detail with the depth of the incisions which does less damage to the skin and ALOT faster healing.

I was Norwood 3 and my first hair transplant was 2500 grafts and it took about 6 months for the redness to go down.

Day 8 on my first transplant vs this

IMG_20220713_092740.jpg

Day 10, when I removed the scabs the redness was bright red after my first hair transplant.

IMG_20220713_093036.jpg