• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Muresanu; Hattingen Hair - 3k Grafts FUE

A

Alex2606

Hi there,

I would like to share my experience with regards to a FUE 3 weeks ago.

Myself (Norwood 5-6) had a very negative and unpleasant experience 2 years ago (Dr. Anthone Prohairclinic Belgium). Almost 4000 grafts were transplanted, wound healing did not proceed as desired and, unfortunately, only a few grafts survived.

Nevertheless, I didn't give up on the topic, sought advice from various doctors at home and abroad and finally from Mr. Muresanu end of 2023. The consultation was extremely pleasant, especially given my previous history. The situation was assessed realistically and no false promises were made. Mr Muresanu openly stated that a large-area transplant (all bald spots) would not be possible. We would rather have to concentrate on one spot, which in my case was clearly the back of the head tonsure.

About the surgery: Very relaxed reception in the morning and a short intro from the team, shave and then we started straight away. Already during the extraction by Carmen (very pleasant person, worked in Vancouver at Hasson & Wong for 14 years), I was able to see the qualitative difference vs my experience with Dr. Anthone.. Steady hand, pleasant communication, minimal pain during anesthesia. She simply knew what she was doing and was even able to extract 800 more grafts out than planned.

We then had lunch and continued directly with the transplant. Very pleasant teamwork by the ladies led by Mr. and Mrs. Dr. Muresanu. Significant difference in quality from my first experience. Top teamwork between “front and backend”, again very pleasant communication, hardly noticed anything.

The first few nights are always quite uncomfortable due to bleeding, constant moistening etc.. I knew that from my experience. However, I was surprised that my head looked okay when I got it washed the next morning. Pain was also limited.

The photos attached were taken 15 and 30 days after the surgery. My next update is coming in a few weeks.

Alex

PXL_20240412_070516877.jpg
PXL_20240329_100650510.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Alex. Sorry to hear your first HT was an unpleasant experience with little growth.
Receiving another 3000 grafts via FUE with Hattingen will hopefully produce a result you are happy with. It sounds like everything went smoothly with the surgery. Do you have any pictures from the day of surgery that you can share?