• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

First FUE - 5 days post-op Disappointed

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi ImJustAGuy.

Dr Anderson is a very capable doctor but I think you should consider other clinics for your repair. I believe he only offers Fue with the Artas robot. On his website I can’t see any repair patients or patients with their donor extraction patterns on show. The Artas examples all show the donor with long hair and the patients look as though they had decent donor prior to surgery.
I`ve watched a few live surgeries with the Artas on a number of occasions. One issue was it could only extract grafts from certain areas of the scalp, sweet spots. Other potential areas for harvesting grafts were not an option unless a hand held device was used. It may have changed/been updated lately which is worth asking.
You have a somewhat depleted donor where the grafts were previously extracted. Your sides were untouched. I think you are better suited to a hand held FUE extraction surgery or even an FUT surgery.
Have a look at Bullitnuts repair surgery
I would be prepared to travel for the right clinic which I know adds more cost but you want to be sure you make the right choice this time around if you do go for another surgery.
If you could refresh on what Dr John Cole from Atlanta offered? He has countless repairs under his belt and based in Atlanta too. He just opened in New York if that’s a better location for you.

Exosomes for hair regeneration/hair growth are still in their infancy compared to other treatments but there are some very positive vibes from world renown doctors about their use and benefits. With it being a fairly new treatment, the costs aren’t cheap.

If you decide to shave your head, you could try laser treatment to smooth out the scalp and remove the unwanted grafts.
Take a look at Jonzi`s hair transplant reversal

Techno1

Techno1

I’m seriously considering it.

It was with Dr Anderson and Dr Lee in Atlanta.

When researching top doctors Anderson kept showing up.

But now I’ve been told to avoid that place and avoid Artas all together. “It’s for unskilled surgeons”

This is entirely frustrating.

I do not know much about these doctors. What reasons were given for avoiding this clinic? I do not see any negativity about them when searching. Not all doctors who use the Artas are unskilled, it is a bold statement from someone who needs to back it up with facts, otherwise, it is just hearsay and scaremongering.
Concerning the Artas robot, this could potentially be your last throw of the dice at having this corrected. For this reason I would search out a doctor with a proven history of repair work and a proven ability in performing FUE with a motorized or manual punch.

I

ImJustAGuy

I took a drive down to Ohio today and spoke to Dr Haber. It was very informative.

While he did say Dr Wisiorek did a number on my head it’s not Unfixable.

He wants to do an fut about 2000 grafts.

said my density is okay and elasticity is good still thankfully.
Hairline is lower than he’d have done but not egregious. Said it was up to me if I wanted to keep it or we can move it back some.
Have some decisions to make.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That’s good you’ve had an in person consult with Dr Haber. I’ve met him quite a few times, he is a decent guy who will have your best interests at heart.
Now you have to decide what you want. If he leaves the hairline where it is, did he say he will punch out the multi grafts? If he moves it back, how many grafts will be punched out?
Whats his reasoning for FUT and not FUE?
All this is assuming you opt for a repair with him.

Techno1

Techno1

Hey man, this is a move in the right direction. Hearing Dr. Haber say it is fixable must be a huge relief. You sure do have some decisions to make. FUT would have the donor strip go right through the occipital, taking out some of the over-harvested scalp that could help the donor look fuller. What if the sides were harvested with FUE to homogenize the back and sides, this would take away the risk of an FUT scar.
Definitely stick around on this forum, the support everyone has offered is amazing. We all want to help you put an end to this misery you have suffered at the hands of Buffalo Hair.
Stay strong my friend.

I

ImJustAGuy

Sure you all want to help but the people In charge both the NYS medical board and the ISHRS have said we see no issue.
Just got my letter from the NYS medical board that there is not enough evidence to show that Michael Wisiorek did anything wrong.

What I’ve learned is the industry is a crock and it’s corruption rivals that of the IOC and the government.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Could you send me a copy of the response saying no issue? I think you will have to put this down to a harsh lesion learnt and concentrate on having it repaired. How far away are you from having a repair? Are you still going to book with Dr Haber?

I

ImJustAGuy

Tried to go to his office and talk to him today and he threatened to have me arrested if I didn’t leave.

I went today to obtain a copy of my medical records which I still don’t have.

When I was finally able to meet with him I took my hat off and asked him if this is something he is proud of and would be willing to show.
His response was “I failed to follow proper instructions, i pulled out grafts, I took medications and I went to the ethics committee. This is your fault.”

when I asked him what medications I took that would cause this that Is when he threatened to have me arrested if I didn’t leave”

So I left, while sitting in The parking lot I had several police officers pull up and start to ask me why I was there.

never once was I confrontational, never once did I raise my voice.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I think you need to concentrate on having a repair surgery and try to put this behind you as a bad experience.

Reactions: TBH