• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplant story

S

scottdanny

Valued member

Hi, long term reader first time poster. Well im 9 months post transplant I had 1500 FUE in February in a Harley street clinic.

I was 29 at the time and thought I better do something about my hair line before its to obvious, I was receding at the temples, more so on the right than left but was told not to an obvious degree but I thought differently.

I had been researching hair transplants for about 1 year and had 5 consultations at UK clinics as going abroad wasn €™t an option for me.

After seeing what the FUT procedure entailed I opted for FUE (no judgement on FUT patient, just not for me) and was told the same at most clinics that I needed 1500/2000 hairs transferred from the donor area.

The surgeon I went with put me at ease though out the consultation and mentioned things the others had not ( I had researched all the surgeons before my consultations as best I could and the reviews were 99% positive) so decided to book up after more research and more pondering.

The surgery took 2 days, absolutely no problem was happy though out the two days, everybody involved was pleasant and I was comfortable, even nodded off a couple of times.

No problems afterwards, a small amount of swelling over the next few days and followed the after care to the letter.

I opted to shave my head before the procedure but wouldn €™t do that again as it just makes you look at your head all the more, which in the first 3/4 months drives you insane.

The donor area healed a treat and the redness went down but took a bit longer than I thought.

At this stage I think I`m 80% happy with the transplant but the density isn €™t what I had hoped but have a follow up appointment on 21[suP]st[/suP] to discuss that.

That is my only issue and would love some feed back, surely it €™s the surgeons expert opinion that judges the number of hairs transplanted and if he gets in wrong it €™s a pretty big deal? I was never on a budget so wasn €™t looking for a cheap job just wanted my hair to look like it did before, am I being unrealistic?

Look forward to hearing back.

Attachments

• Danny 9months2.JPG
    Danny 9months2.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 2,252
S

scottdanny

Valued member
pre-op

Attachments

• Danny pre-op.JPG
    Danny pre-op.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,231
S

scottdanny

Valued member
9 month on

Attachments

• Danny 9months1.JPG
    Danny 9months1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,231
B

Bastion

Looks very good, have you some pictures showing the area right after surgery?

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
your hair looks great , you still have time for the hair to mature and get thicker, as your at 9 months and you have a few more months to go to see final result.i say its a 100 percent success.enjoy your hair .

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Scottdanny, thanks for sharing your story on here, your hair looks great, theres still time for more growth and muturity.

If the density is not what the clinic are happy with a little touch up may be needed, this is quite common in hair transplants, so nothing to worry about.

I`ll look forward to your updates.

Cheers Bm.

G

garmin333

Valued member
You stated that you wanted your hair to look like before.

I have been doing research for a couple of weeks and I have been informed that the density is hardly ever going to match the original situation.

Still, I believe from judging your pictures that you got a nice improvement.

S

scottdanny

Valued member
Thanks for the nice comments, guess im worrying myself for nothing. Will let everybody know what is suggested at my follow up appointment

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I wouldn't worry dude from the pictures you posted the result looks very smart, thanks for posting we all appreciate it.

Best wishes BN

S

scottdanny

Valued member
My head straight after the transplant

Attachments

• Danny post-op2.JPG
    Danny post-op2.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,425
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Placement looks very nice, I would be happy with your hairline.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

The pictures you have posted are choice and your hair looks great , very natural

Cheers

D

S

scottdanny

Valued member
I had my follow up appointment through the week and mentioned the small areas of concern but was told that its almost impossible to mimic the density of your natural hair growth which accounts for the slightly spaced out hairs, I did mention I would be interested in adding a small number of grafts to get the desired density and was told I would be quoted a competitive price for any additional procedures I have done (hopefully very competitive)

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
You definitely do not need another procedure it €™s looks great just the way it is now. Would be a waste of grafts and money in my opinion.

I think with more work you would be pushing your luck.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
If you have another surgery in the same area you could be wasting grafts you may need down the line and it looks good as is dude.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

Have to agree with guys on this one , your hair looks fantastic as it is and your still only 29 years old , I must state that my own hairloss really started with a vengence after i was 45 years old , keep your donar supply its precious

Best wishes

D

S

scottdanny

Valued member
Yeah, I guess you all have a point maybe I am just being too critical but will see what happens in the New Year might still get a couple of hundred just to thicken up a small area at the very front of my hair line.

Didn €™t go abroad because of work reasons and because I just don €™t believe all the scare mongering that goes on about clinics in the UK