• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT part 1 with Farjo Medical

N

nor7

Valued member
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciate them and the support on this site, as ever.

10 days ago, I was back in the chair for a second FUE session. Big thanks to Mick and Dr Farjo for fitting me in at short notice with a very special deal. Cant thank you enough for the care I've had since starting out on this transformation.

As always, the day was excellent and I've had no post-op problems or swelling etc at all.

I know from reading this site that a lot of guys are put off FUE because of the extensive shaving that accompanies it (both in the donor and recipient sites). Not many of us I suspect can take the time out of busy lives to go through that.

I only wanted to enhance a bit of the mid-section and the parting so a full shave would not have been worth it. Luckily, the Farjo clinic recognise the major drawback to FUE and offer a "restrictive" shaving option. It is the perfect solution if you don't need major work done.

Just like FUT, a strip of about 1cm wide is shaved (or maybe more than one strip can be shaved depending upon your donor site) and which is then covered post-op by your existing hair (provided you leave it long enough to cover. I would suggest having your hair about 4-5cm long at the time of surgery).

The normal FUE extraction process is then performed in the shaved strip. I had the lovely Dr Kay doing extraction and could not have had a better experience.

Equally brilliant, the recipient site is not shaved either. Dr Farjo works amongst the existing hair and this then covers the newly placed grafts (and very slight post-op redness).

I would post photos but there is so little to see it is hardly worth bothering. Two days post-op, I was out with friends and nobody noticed anything.

10 days have passed now, and I cannot see any sign of the extractions in the donor site (the hair is still shaved in the strip obviously but is now growing back through the stubbly phase!). The grafts are still in place atop and I can see those if I part my existing hair. The slight scabbing and redness has all but gone, so really there is no trace now of surgery having been performed.

My plan is to see how we go with this round of FUE and if anything needs a bit of enhancing next year, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

I'll post more photos when the new grafts have grown in.

Best wishes all
Nor7

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Nor it sounds like it was another great experience. Good to hear you healed so quickly and no one noticed the work.
I'll look forward to seeing your pictures on your next update.
All the best.
Bm.

N

nor7

Valued member
Hi Everyone
Hope all the regulars are well on here?

Just thought I would post up some new pics as it is nearly a year since my last ones (cannot believe how time flies!)

As mentioned in previous posts, last August I had an extra FUE procedure (about 300 grafts if I recall) just to enhance a few areas. These pics were taken recently, about 10 months on. In total I have now had 3 strip (the last combined with a bit of FUE) and the most recent minor FUE. Hoping to meet up with Mick at Farjo soon to discuss what, if anything, to do next. Small FUE procedures are my limit now but they can make a real difference if used in defined areas, so don't dismiss it if it is your only option left.

Best wishes all and thanks to everyone that has posted on my blog with support over the past 4 years - it has been more helpful than you may realize.

Nor7

Attachments

• Farjo 214.jpg
    Farjo 214.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 319
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Nor, I think your hair looks great, especially when you look back at your pre op (which I've attached) You were a high Norwood with a lot of ground to cover, I think you've achieved a nice natural look which is very pleasing to the eye.
I bet you look so different in pictures now.
Thanks for the update.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 316
don1966

don1966

Valued member
Hi Nor. Been following your Hair restoration journey from the start from when you first posted all those years ago. Congratulations, your hair looks great especially considering you had nothing at all on the top, frames your face nicely.
All the best Don.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I agree with the other comments, considering how bald you were you look a lot better and the result looks super natural. I agree with your comment to about small FUE procedures can make a nice difference.
Happy for ya pal;)

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Thanks for posting your latest pictures you are a true example that researching and taking a plan of action as suggested by your Dr and Clinic will work out , you have always been a genuine guy and made clear what your expectations were and I just want to thank you for sharing with us your journey , were you started from and were you are today is credit to you and all the Farjo Team ¬b`, wishing you all the very best

Take care I care

Darren

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Looking good nor7.

Thanks for updating us all with your progress.