• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

If someone gets this and decides they don't like it can they remove it?

V

Viking

If someone got this done and decided after a couple of years they didn't want it anymore could they have it removed?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yes they could get it lasered off. Not sure if this would have any negative effect on any existing hair though?

Milena Lardì

Milena Lardì

Good morning everyone, we're sorry if we haven't been writing for a while, we will try to be more present. Two types of scalp pigmentation exist: temporary and permanent. Temporary scalp micropigmentation requires at least 3-4 years to be totally re-absorbed, but it will disappear. Permanent micropigmentation will remain for the whole life unless a specific laser is used.

Using laser shouldn't create problems to the hair bulb. During the laser sessions hair will become lighter, but it should negatively affect only the hair shaft. The new hair cycle should give a normal hair.

It is not said that laser totally removes the pigment, this depends on different things, such as the type of the pigment and the techniques used, the depth at which the pigment was deposited and other known and unknown aspects.

The choice to use laser should be the last one. It is necessary to be careful and not to face the idea of an SMP without thoughts just because we know that in the future we will eventually undergo a couple of laser sessions to remove it.

V

Viking

Thanks Milena for the information. It's good to hear that the temporary option disappears. If the permanent version doesn't then being totally sure sounds vital.

Milena Lardì

Milena Lardì

Hello Viking,

you are welcome. I think that it's an ethical duty answering to questions like that.
Feel free to open a new thread in case you need help for any reason.

T

Tariq

How well does it work for filling in spaces in overharvested donors?

bullitnut

bullitnut

That's a really good question that Tariq, i imagine it could look pretty good as iv'e seen some amazing strip scar coverage using SMP......i would hazard a guess it would be more difficult for the SMP practitioner to cover FUE scars but surely it's possible?

Milena Lardì

Milena Lardì

Hello Tariq and Bullitnut, tricopigmentation can be a valid help also in the cases of overharvesting due to FUE. Always remember that the scarring tissue is not the same as the healthy one and so it requires a special care during the treatment. We use a setting specifically studied for this purpose. It is possible to obtain great results in the coverage and in some cases it is possible to completely cover the extraction sites. The scarring tissue however could be slightly different when evaluating the result, since it is translucent. With tricopigmentation it is not possible to make it opaque and therefore it will remain translucent. If you are interested, in the next weeks we could post some cases of works we performed in order to show you the results that can be obtained both with the shaved effect, the density effect and the STRIP and FUE coverage. It could be a great starting point to discuss together about the real possibilities of this technique, understanding its benefits, its limits and trying to set realistic expectations for everybody.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Yeah that would be amazing Milena. I imagine the actual demand for strip coverage will have lessened these days as it's not as popular but the demand for FUE coverage surely will have increased due to the amount of shall we say not so good FUE clinics popping up everywhere. It would be great to see what can and can't be achieved.

Milena Lardì

Milena Lardì

Hello Bullitnut,

in the next weeks we will make an effort to post some shaved effect, density effect and scar camouflage cases in order to show you what we can achieve with this technique. Even if the strip transplants are becoming always less and FUE ones always more, we still have several requests to cover back-dated strip situations. It is useless to underline that it is easier to obtain an even result on a FUE extraction instead of a strip one, but also on the strip it is possible to achieve good results.

I'm posting a video that shows a treatment both on a FUE and on a strip scar.

bullitnut

bullitnut

That video is incredible Milena, i have to admit i didn't think that Smp could disguise the scars in such an effective way.
Your work is amazing!

Milena Lardì

Milena Lardì

Hello Bullitnut, thank you for your comment. If the moderators agree, in the following weeks I can post further cases so that we can comment them together.