• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Ink under the skin after hair transplant

S

smokeybacon

Although you can just make out a faint line in places. It is certainly fading away although it has stayed for a long time. I do not know how ink behaves but maybe it was "wet" when they planted the hairs and it entered into the skin. So it is taking longer to fade. You can read a lot from reviews how the new hair changes when it first starts to grow, and will change over a few months to get to the normal look of your hair. That is the norm anyway.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Also, another question, my hair is blond, some transplanted hair which are growing out are totally black. Is that normal?

Sometimes hairs do change colour. They usually revert back to their normal characteristics.

Ask the clinic if they’ve had this with other patients. If so, ask if you can speak to them.
It does look to be fading, with some luck it will be back to normal soon.

X

xpabloxx

No. But I went to a dermatologist and got the lines removed almost completely with a laser

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you a picture showing what it looks like now? Did the derm confirm it was ink?

X

xpabloxx

Yes it must have been ink. The ink is almost gone. There’s still some redness.
what’s still worrying me is the dark color of the newly transplanted hair.

A66A88F3-7673-4129-AA42-2EFE33772EC1.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did the derm not confirm it was ink before treating you? Otherwise, what were they lasering? The darker grafts/hairs sometimes happens. The structure of the hair follicles can take time to adjust. Hair removed from the back may be a slightly different colour to hair in the front.

X

xpabloxx

she used some device to look closely on the ink, it was no graft. The ink is gone so the ’tattoo removal’ worked

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
What I'm confused about is how the ink actually got under the skin if it was just a marker? Anyway its good to hear your sorted now. Sometimes the hairs can look a little different in colour because they are taken from a different area of the scalp....its likely the hairs at the back of your head were just a little darker than the ones on top that's all dude.