• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH VERA CLINIC TURKEY

• Thread starter luis.teixeira2019@outlook
  • Start date
L

luis.teixeira2019@outlook

If you are considering going through an hair transplant process here is my experience.
I hope it helps you going through the decision process...
My name is Luis Teixeira, I’m 66 years old, I’m from Portugal and I’m a HR Consultant.
All started about five years ago when my friends started to be too persistent highlighting the hair loss on the top of my head.
“Why not…?”, I thought… “Shouldn’t be that difficult to check on internet for a complete information over this transplant thing…”
So, I’ve considered going through the transplant procedure and naturally I checked for options around my hometown.
I have visited three clinics and honestly, my perception was “they really don´t address my concerns and doubts, and it seems too commercial and too expensive”.
I decided for accept things as they were and forget the transplant.
One year later, in August 2019, I was travelling within a group along Turkey and our local guide was mentioning “Tourism” as one the most important dimensions for the Turkish economy, with a recent fast growing sub-dimension called “Medical Tourism”. “Turkey has great medical competences and know-how within a wide variety of topics like Dentistry, Cosmetic Surgery, Hair Transplants, etc, with the additional benefit of costs were very affordable for foreigners due to exchange rates and very convenient. You arrive, you go under surgery and you fly back again” he said. All seemed too easy for my understanding…
However, two days later after we arrived to Istanbul, I started to notice many persons walking around using the typical black hair band used after the transplant procedure. I couldn’t resist… I addressed one of those several nice-looking guys and I spoke with him for a few minutes… “how did it work?”, “was it painful?”, “how long did it take?” “what was the cost?”, “where did you do it and why?”, etc, etc…
He was very excited to answer to all my questions and the most important information was “I have two friends who have gone under the same transplant procedure before, with a company called Vera Clinic and they were both very satisfied with the results” he said.
That was the trigger!!! October 2019, I decided to go ahead.
I’ve contacted Vera Clinic by email and a couple of hours later, I received a WhatsApp message from Mirela Tola Medical Assistant from Vera Clinic. I had the chance to interact with a great experienced professional. We exchanged WhatsApp messages and we had calls, as many as I felt necessary until I was completely clarified. Mirela was simply amazing, available (almost) 24/7, she answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. A lot of information was requested also to me, pictures, clinical history, etc.
So, finally, my trip guide was telling the true… One day to arrive, one day for surgery, one day to fly back!
Five Stars Service initiated with Mirela, continued after I arrived to Istanbul. A special Vera Clinic´s personalized transport was waiting at the airport and took me to a top class ****Hotel. Vera Clinic Staff was in contact with me the whole time, advising and reminding me about the pick-up schedules and appointments, etc (all organized by Vera Clinic), telling me what to do. I couldn’t feel more confident and supported.
FUE technology was the one defined for me and 3.000 grafts were implanted. It took a part of the morning and a part of the afternoon and in between a nice meal, all in the surgery room.
The after-surgery was very important to follow but all was well explained. How to do first wash, how to sleep (a special U-shape pillow was provided by Vera Clinic), few medicines to take as in any other surgery (some antibiotics and some pain killers as back-up for SOS if needed also provided by Very Clinic) cares to have, etc.
No post pains at all, the recovery process was very fast and despite what I was told that most of times the first “wave” of air transplanted falls down and only after it grows the definite one, in my case I had virtually no fall, so after one month there was already a nice-looking hair
Full service, it couldn’t be simpler, it couldn´t be better!
I´m very happy with results up to know and with the full process handled by Vera Clinic Hair Transplant in Turkey.

1INITIAL2018.jpg
2HOTEL.jpg
3DEFINING.jpg
5MEAL.jpg
6SURGERY.jpg

7POSTSURGERY.jpg
8AFTER2DAYS.jpg
9PRESENT2023.jpg