• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Female Hair transplant..Women have this done too!

A

angie.721

I am now almost 42 years of age , and have suffered with hair loss since my teens ( pretty much puberty kicked in and hair went!) This has always had a MASSIVE effect on my self esteem as I always felt ugly, and different to everyone else. I avoided social situations as I felt people were looking at my hair line, and it affected my confidence in holding a normal conversation. I developed anxiety and a social phobia as a result. It also affected relationships ( due to depression, low self esteem etc) I would avoid the sun ( scalp could be seen) Windy days were a nightmare of hat cover ups and hair clips etc. I learnt how to hide my hair with a good hair cut and side parting, but have always been badly affected by it. I have tried thickening shampoos and conditioners, serums, sprays, vitamin tablets ...you name it,I tried it!!

So this year and after a year of particular depression and misery, I decided to do something about it and looked into getting hair surgery ( which was a massive thing for me as my social phobia makes it difficult to hold discussions without getting tongue tied and feeling anxious) After much research and several phone calls, I found a clinic and went for a consultation. The process was relatively easy albeit I had to travel to London ( daughter came with me for support) and they took photos, discussed my health etc. The surgeon insisted on blood tests to ensure there were no health reasons ( thyroid etc) and this had to be done through my doctor which took a few weeks for results etc. It was actually a relief to know that I did not have a medical reason for it, and also to be told that my vitamin and iron levels are all good and that basically I am fit and healthy. !!
So in May this year I spent a life changing day, being looked after by amazing staff and a surgeon ( Dr Diaz ) with a sense of humour ( telling me that he had shaky hands so to keep an eye ). The process was thoroughly explained every step of the way and 8 hours later I was on my way home. I had the strip technique surgery and therefore stitches which were covered by my remaining hair. The painkillers numbed the pain and I can honestly say that other than a little discomfort at night, and some facial swelling, It was overall a positive experience. I took 10 days off work and I am very glad that I did. I had 1750 grafts which is pretty much the max for a woman. For men the options can be much greater.
I am now 2 months post op with a hair line scar that is barely visible and I am excited to report that my hair is starting to sprout through!For anyone considering this, Please be advised that it is not an overnight cure, nor is it suitable for everyone. The results can take up to a year and I have no idea of how much difference it will make to my density,but I will keep you updated. The clinic I used and highly recommend wasElite-Hair-Restoration

-------------------------------------
no links allowed

Attachments

• pre hair surgery.jpg
    pre hair surgery.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 616
A

angie.721

I have a scar as I had the strip method of transplant. 1750 grafts and here is the post op photo. !

Attachments

• hair crop.png
    hair crop.png
    359.3 KB · Views: 534
A

angie.721

My scar JUNE 30TH 2014. 7 WEEKS POST OP

Attachments

• 20140620_175209.jpg
    20140620_175209.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 503
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Welcome to the forum Angie, it sounds like you have had a positive experience so i congratulate you. I would love to see a picture post op to see how the graft placement looked if you have any;)
On a side note what do you mean by a hair line scar? do you mean a very thin one or one that is actually in the hairline
Thanks for posting the picture;) i have had the strip method too i was just confused when you said the scar was a hairline one as most scars are at the back of the head. Although it's a fairly large area to cover and not a huge amount of grafts 1750 should make a nice difference to your hair.
Regards Bn.

WHTC Clinic

WHTC Clinic

Valued member
@Angie.721

Hello. You underwent a moderate sized strip procedure. With 1750 grafts, your procedure was not aggressive. I am pleased to hear that you are healing well.

There is also FUE, a less invasive surgical technique that involves no linear scarring in the donor area. There's no stiffness in the back of the head after the procedure and no suturing is required. The initial cost per graft is more expensive, but the surgeon can selectively choose each follicular unit graft.

Thanks for sharing your experience for all of our benefit. I appreciate the quality of the photos that you have posted and the graft placement appears to be acceptable. Finding your doctor was no easy task, but you seem to have made an excellent choice. The testing that females with hair loss must undergo can appear to be exhaustively unreasonable. Please keep us informed as you continue to progress over the next months.

A 2700-FUT (strip) patient of MyWHTC clinic's European branch
2701_zps9f11109c.png

My World Hair Transplant Center

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturdays & Sundays)
Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturdays)
Brussels, Belgium - Available (Daily)
London, UK - Available (Saturdays)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
[email protected]

Telephone
+32-2-538-4404 (office)
+44-203-318-6228 (UK)
1 770-663-1290 (US office)

http://www.mywhtc.net
My opinions are based on my beliefs and are my own.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

Thank you for sharing your experience with us I wish you great growth , looking forward to your updates .

Dazz

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks Angie for posting your progress. There aren't as many female patients as male patients and it seems rare for women to post their progress. Researching hair transplants for female patients tend to be frustrating as there aren't as many documentations or pics.
Heal and grow well, please do keep us updated.

F

forthegirls45

Valued member
Hi AngieI wish you good hair growth, I had my HT in January and 6 months on, I am beginning to notice a significant improvement. It is great to see another female posting and I hope we encourage other women in our situation. It is a brave and scary step, hang in there, time goes slowly but I have to remind myself not to wish my life away. Good luck. :T:

A

angie.721

Thank you for all your positive comments.
I hope that sharing my story will help and encourage others to change their lives too. Low self esteem as a result of hair loss affects every aspect of your life.
I cannot rate my clinic elite-hair-restoration enough

--------------------------------------

no links allowed.