• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Hair Transplant with Dr. Josephitis Shapiro Medical Group

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I`ve just returned from having a Hair Transplant at Shapiro Medical with Dr. David Josephitis.

After much deliberation I decided I would have another Hair Transplant to add more density to my crown and strengthen my temple points. I`ve been on Proscar for nearly 9 years, it has definitely slowed my hairloss down so much that its hard to notice if I`m losing hair to MPB, my hair that surrounds my crown is still thick and healthy which makes the crown appear thinner than it really is, therefor I decided to add some density as it bothered me, hair greed etc.

I opted to have this last surgery with Dr. Joe because he's been learning from Dr. Ron and Dr. Paul for a year and a half but offically started working at SMG at the start of 2013. If they trust him then I knew I'd be in good hands. His philosphy and work ethics is very similar to Dr Ron and Dr. Paul. They all work closely with each other and you can see the support they give each other and they keep the best interest of the patient in mind.

Dr. Joe advised a strip session of approximately 1200 grafts to address the crown and I asked if we could use 100 fine nape hairs via FUE for my temple points making a total of 1300 grafts. Since I've had procedures with Dr. Ron and Dr. Paul in the past they all looked at my donor areas for signs of miniaturization which I'm happy to report there were none. Finer grafts were selected to match the finer hairs already in my Temple area. The FUE extraction sites were healed in a few days. The Fue were extracted the day after my strip procedure.

My strip removal went very smoothly, Dr Joe did the trichophytic technique and closed the donor site up with inner and outer sutures. the closure looks very neat and tidy. Then the staff proceeded to plant the grafts in my crown continuously checking if I was ok and comfortable. Some of the finer grafts were placed in my Temples. SMG has all aspects of surgery down like clock work. they are efficient while attentive and caring. You never feel like you're a number. I'm sure people would think I'm crazy to enjoy the surgery aspect of hair transplantation.

Currently all seems to be healing very well, I feel no pain at all, just a little discomfort when sleeping. Now I have to wait it out before my new grafts kick in.

I`d like to thank Dr. Josephitis and the SMG staff for a very pleasant surgery.

Cheers Bm.

Crown pre op

1_281753_190000001.jpg
1_281753_190000000.jpg

immediate post op

1_281753_190000004.jpg

1_281753_190000003.jpg
1_281755_080000004.jpg

Donor closure

1_281755_420000001.jpg
1_281755_420000000.jpg

Dr Joe

1_281754_000000001.jpg

Temples imm post op.

1_281755_080000003.jpg
1_281755_080000002.jpg

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Your hair looks very healthy mate....and your crown looked fine pre op but i guess the greed got you ha ha

I bet you scar was well hidden when your hair was dry!

am i right?

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
That is a nice looking scar

How long did you have your donor hair pre op?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
TOMMYTWO wrote:
Your hair looks very healthy mate....and your crown looked fine pre op but i guess the greed got you ha ha
I agree with you TT that his crown looked great pre-op but it bothered him and his donor supply was decent so hopefully this will end the hair greed. '''h;h;;h

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for the write up BM , call it hair greed or whatever that amount of grafts placed in that area I doubt you will see any scalp when them babies grow out , looking forward to catching up with you , the work looks great as expected from SMG will be watching out for your updates.

Take care I care

Dazz

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi BM
All the best for your healing and growth, should look very good when all comes in for you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tommy,My hair was approximately an inch and a half long, I had it cut shorter the day after surgery to tidy it up a little, my donor closure was completely hidden away. Hair greed yes.
Janna, you are correct as it did bother me as my surrounding hair is quite dense which made my crown look thinner, as for my hair greed stopping who knows.
Daz, this amount will hopefully be my last in the crown as you say it should fill in very nicely, looking forward to catching up with you too.
Sl, thanks for the positive comment, now the long wait for my result.
Thanks all.
Bm.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Bigmac

Wish i had a crown like yours pre op! Hope you get a great result. As you have opted not to shave your entire head, can i ask how you intend to disguise your shaved crown area?

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
I think this is the 1st case shown with the new doc, from smg, good stuff, the patient has a great head of hair to begin with, he will go from good head of hair to superhero hair ¬b`

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Hello Bigmac congratulations on your most recent hairtransplant, your transplant experience sounds very positive from your description.

You are the only person on the forums that i am aware of that has had the pleasure of a procedure from all three doctors at Shapiro.

Please keep us updated with your crown progress.

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
baldasabadger10 wrote:
You are the only person on the forums that i am aware of that has had the pleasure of a procedure from all three doctors at Shapiro.
Hey, that's true!! Not only on the forums but from our past patient base too. No one else has had procedures with all three docs. Way to be the first!

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
bigmac how many grafts in total have you had, heal well and great growth to you

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi BM
It was great catching up with you today, the work you had done at SMG looks fantastic and congrats as stated from previous forum member your the 1st to have 3 procedures at SMG with 3 different Doctors nice one , will be in touch

Take care I care

Dazz

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Coopman wrote:
Bigmac

Wish i had a crown like yours pre op! Hope you get a great result. As you have opted not to shave your entire head, can i ask how you intend to disguise your shaved crown area?

Hi Coopman,

Here I am pre any SMG work.

Attachments

• Slide2.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,268
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Coopman wrote:
Bigmac

As for hiding the work, I wear a ball cap or use Nanogen fibres, whilst in the US I wore this as it was too hot for a cap

Attachments

• 23487420-e0eb-42d6-ba2b-4189ba9a635a_zps28b324bf.jpg
    23487420-e0eb-42d6-ba2b-4189ba9a635a_zps28b324bf.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 1,282
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
SADbutTRUE wrote:
I think this is the 1st case shown with the new doc, from smg, good stuff, the patient has a great head of hair to begin with, he will go from good head of hair to superhero hair ¬b`
Thanks Sad but true, its been a long haul for me.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
baldasabadger10 wrote:
Hello Bigmac congratulations on your most recent hairtransplant, your transplant experience sounds very positive from your description.

Please keep us updated with your crown progress.

Hi baldasabadger10,

That's a good observation, will definitely keep you updated. Yes I`m happy with the work.