• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My updates post hair transplant surgery

C

Coopman

Valued member
Super smooth

Great transformation. Looks like you still have some good donor in the bank for another day.

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

HairGuy wrote:
I think you've made decent progress from where you started. Is there any reason you don't take Finasteride? I'm sure it would help you losing more of your native hair
Yes Pills, I am on enough pills and this stops a male hormone and i won't risk it. Also still noticing the hair is very wiry and stiff - It's hard to style , hope the hairs will mature in due course.

Can anyone let me know if transplanted hair can still shed even after re-growing - i was combing my hair and noticed some shedding - I am convinced this is from the transplanted zone - it's not from the back because it's too long. Also if it is from the transplanted zone would it still grow back? Also if the hair bulb - they white crust or sebum part at the bottom of the hair shed's with it would it still grow back in it's cycle? Is the hair bulb the root?

You can't see here but usually there is a white bulb at the bottom - what does this mean? Is the bulb the root?

Attachments

• IMAG7294.jpg
    IMAG7294.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 2,538
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

I also have another question - this is to transplant surgeons! Can transplanted hair be placed in already existing hair let's say - my frontal zone is thinning - could i have hair transplanted in that 'island area' or will it not work? - The reason I ask is because during my last transplantation the FUE procedure - were transplanted into the bald patches NOT the existing hair that was thinning! but it looks like this frontal zone would thin but not necessary all fall out - so would the procedure work where there is existing hair?

As you could imagine I would look a bit strange if that was thinning more in the middle and a big gap (hole) there haha!:whatever: - Attached photo btw. This part is thinning - I notice the new growth looks a lot more dense and it's growing faster than the middle 'island' patch that is thinning!;ss; - PS - This was before procedure of course.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,483
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Supersmooth wrote:
HairGuy wrote:
I think you've made decent progress from where you started. Is there any reason you don't take Finasteride? I'm sure it would help you losing more of your native hair
Yes Pills, I am on enough pills and this stops a male hormone and i won't risk it. Also still noticing the hair is very wiry and stiff - It's hard to style , hope the hairs will mature in due course.

Can anyone let me know if transplanted hair can still shed even after re-growing - i was combing my hair and noticed some shedding - I am convinced this is from the transplanted zone - it's not from the back because it's too long. Also if it is from the transplanted zone would it still grow back? Also if the hair bulb - they white crust or sebum part at the bottom of the hair shed's with it would it still grow back in it's cycle? Is the hair bulb the root?

You can't see here but usually there is a white bulb at the bottom - what does this mean? Is the bulb the root?
From combing my hair earlier - are they bulbs at the end? or am i worrying?

Attachments

• 13616242_1125676464145173_1832897099_o.jpg
    13616242_1125676464145173_1832897099_o.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,389
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
They are normal hairs, no need to worry.

Your hair is looking great.

Thanks for the update.

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Bigmac wrote:
They are normal hairs, no need to worry.

Your hair is looking great.

Thanks for the update.
Thanks BM

But could the surgeon transplant hair where there is existing hair? Like could i have another FUE if or when i lose more hair in the frontal 'island' part as seen in marked photo below?

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,324
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Reminder - look at the difference between 3 and 6 months:

Attachments

• Progress 3.jpg
    Progress 3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,416
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the doctor can plant between existing hair to create more density. Sometimes there is an increased risk of shock loss when transplanting this way, it usually grows back unless it's hair that's on its way out.

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Bigmac wrote:
Yes the doctor can plant between existing hair to create more density. Sometimes there is an increased risk of shock loss when transplanting this way, it usually grows back unless it's hair that's on its way out.
Ok - so it could be an idea to wait a year and a half before doing the second procedure!? I have noticed the island' in the middle thinning but as for the transplanted hair already growing - well it is very stiff and looks like horns - look at the sides!! - difficult to comb.

Attachments

• 13632894_1127849993927820_1389696357_o.jpg
    13632894_1127849993927820_1389696357_o.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,431
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It's looking great, wait at least 12 months is usually recommended. Are you using any meds?
Rogaine foam may strengthen and regrow hair in the island, preventing the need for another ht.

yidd0

yidd0

Ive never seen someone smile as much as you. Ha ha....good on you mate. I like to get up in the morning and smile......get it over with !

I know its difficult could you get a pic from on top or maybe with wet hair brushed back. That will give a good idea of how far youve really come

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

yidd0 wrote:
Ive never seen someone smile as much as you. Ha ha....good on you mate. I like to get up in the morning and smile......get it over with !

I know its difficult could you get a pic from on top or maybe with wet hair brushed back. That will give a good idea of how far youve really come
It's difficult to comb (style) it but the best I can do!

You can see the frontal zone middle and hair growing in the crown area too!

Attachments

• fron2.jpg
    fron2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2,350
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Supersmooth wrote:
yidd0 wrote:

It's difficult to comb (style) it but the best I can do!

You can see the frontal zone middle and hair growing in the crown area too!
The back is a little stubborn - doesn't comb down very well!!

Attachments

• front3.jpg
    front3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,324
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

yidd0 wrote:
Looks really good mate.
Thanks
The middle zone i only had a couple hundred hairs implanted so it's still thin and my natural hair in the middle will thin but the frontal zone is what counts the most!! - that's what's the most important to me.:::C

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,327
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

The new hair growth in the front is really getting more dense now even at the back too - almost (8.5 months, post procedure).

However, it's still very difficult to comb the frontal sides (especially) grow upwards and out like horns and it grows in a 'tuff' like a quiff - I can't brush it forwards because it is too wiry and stiff so it still ends up growing upwards and curls back with a Bouffant style!

The new hair does look a shade darker in texture and some appears in tuffs - or it could be the fact it's become thicker!?
Just hope it doesn't get like Trump's hair style! ))N_):)

Does anyone know when the 'shafts' of the new hair, which grows becomes easier to style and comb down or across etc!?

How long does this wait take for the new hair to mature!? - Obviously cutting the new hair growth shorter makes it more stiff - so perhaps I should grow it more?

Attachments

• 13838076_1139109326135220_1131890735_o.jpg
    13838076_1139109326135220_1131890735_o.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,256
Last edited:
W

westindies

Hey, the transplant looks great, well done.
Can I ask - where did you get this transplant done?
And was it an issue when you told them you weren't on/didn't plan on taking any medication at all?
Thanks

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Bigmac wrote:
It's looking great, wait at least 12 months is usually recommended. Are you using any meds?
Rogaine foam may strengthen and regrow hair in the island, preventing the need for another ht.
Hi BM

I had an email back from my clinic re the doctors response about a second procedure - they said that it would be decided after 1 year post procedure (Nov 2016) - they need to inspect the donor area first to see if a second procedure could be done!? I hope so because if I lose more hair in the island ill end up with a circular bald patch there which would look worse! - Do most people go back for a second procedure? nAlso if you had one would your hair at the donor area not look a bit too thin or bald? Remember 6,000 follicle units were extracted first time do you think there would be enough for second?

Also re rogaine - we call it regain here!? - i used this when I was like 23 or 24 but nothing happened and when I stopped my hair started to shed and i looked thinner.

Would you suggest to use this on the new implanted hair which is growing and active? or just purely my natural hair which is thinning - like that island in the middle!? - Surely you won't need to using it on the new implanted hair which is growing actively !??

Because i don't want to use it on the new hair only for it to shed if I was to stop using rogaine (if you're with me).

Thanks in advance for any advice and opinions.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Looking Great Friend thanks for sharing your journey with us

Daz

N

ndubya

Hey SS, Looking good, I think the hairstyle and length at your 6 month update looks better than the longer hair(right now). I would cut it back to that if I was you. Looked nice and cleancut. Then try it grown out again in another 8 months or so. It will probably be fully matured, settled and more manageable by then. Anyways, congrats again. Nice result.

Last edited: