• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Topical Finasteride and young kids?

J

JFR8

Valued member
I tried Finasteride 15y ago and suffered sides so stopped using it quickly.

I’ve been considering trying a low dose of topical Fin for a while. But there hasn’t been a reliable UK source (I.e I can trust the concentrations are consistent), until Bigmac kindly pointed out forhims now ship to the UK.

One concern that has popped into my mind is I have two young girls (7 & 5). I use regaine foam daily and this hasn’t been an issue as it is absorbed quite quickly.

But topical Fin is more of a concern wrt it’s effects on children. And also unlike regaine it hasn’t been through extensive trials and formal certification, when concerns like this are considered and quantified.

If any of you have been prescribed it by reputable Dr’s have you discussed this concern. Or if you’ve been using the forhims spray how long does it appear to stay on the scalp/hair?

I have short hair, so worst case I would spray it and give my hair a quick wash under the sink an hour later. I tend to do that anyway after brushing my teeth, so not a big deal I guess, would just have to make it the last step in my morning routine. May affect the efficacy, but if it still works then great, if not then I guess it’s not for me.

J

JFR8

Valued member
The only topical that seems to have been through full approval process is Caretopic in Europe. But can’t see where to get it.