• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Wanting a hair transplant age 24

H

HairPlease

valued member
It all started 3 years ago when I noticed that the corners of my hairline had risen and were thinning inwards creating an island of hair effect on the front of my head. I`ve been using Rogaine Foam for the past two years with some success as the hair looks thicker in calibre and there has been some new growth. This appears to have stabalized so I have been saving hard to have some Fue grafts planted into the thinnest area`s.

There`s a lot of choices in Clinics who offer Fue with good results, initially I was thinking of having it done in Belgium but lately I`ve started to look at Turkey as the costs will allow for more grafts and allow me to take a vacation at the same time.

Considering Doganay or Erdogan as they have posted many results which look good, they are both priced very reasonable. If you had a choice which one would you choose for 1500 grafts tops?

Last edited:
R

Remzi

Valued member
I`m strongly considering Dr Koray Erdogan if I`m a suitable patient. Dr Hakan Doganay also produces good work so I think you will be good with either of them.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Hairplease

I would advise you post some good quality pictures of your hair.

24 is far too young to be planning a hair transplant at this moment in time. Are you on Finasteride?

If you are not then how do you plan to halt/slow down your hairloss. Veryfew maintain there hair with Rogaine alone.

You need to plan for the future. If your destiny is to be a Norwood 6 at 35 tears old. You need to have an action plan in place.

You have limited grafts available in your donor area, your plan if you are suitable for a HT is "How can i use my donor supply wisely?"

Your hair may look great after your 1st transplant, but what about 5yrs later when you have lost more hair.

Sometimes its best to take two steps backward before you take that first step forward.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi...

I'm with cooper man... You are far too young... I had my first ht at 26... big mistake.. I will say that things have improved vastly since then and there is no need to be butchered like I was... choose the right surgeon and you will have a great result... But what happens in 10 years time when you could have lost more hair and have no donor left...

I would advise anyone not to go for an ht until they in their 30's...

Try propecia first.... or as it's also known fin... It works really well for me and just wish I it had been around when I was in my 20's

Could you not just have a very short haircut... I know it does not suit some people... But take it from someone who's been there, read the book and hit the t-shirt... If I had my time again I would have got the clippers out, set them to a no.2 and lived my life...

It's 20 years since my first ht and my hair has ruled most if that.., don't let it..

The shaved down look for guys has become as much more positive, look at Jason statism, Bruce willis etc... Hair loss has not affected their lives..

I have mates that have gone bald or lost a lot of hair, I can assure you that they have had an easy ride compared to what I have been though.

Not trying to be negative mate.... Just giving advice from my experience...

H

HairPlease

valued member
I am having success using Rogaine as my hair become thicker and some is re-appearing which was lost before. The rest of my hair is strong which is why I want to fill in gaps using not too much donor then I will have lots in reserve if I need more in years to come. I want to enjoy my life now, not be unhappy with how I look. I have viewed many good results from clinics who work on younger patients with good success.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Hairplease

Post some pictures?
What is your family history of baldness?
How advanced is your baldness?
If you have been balding for 3yrs by posting pictures we can ascertain how aggressive your hairloss is.

H

HairPlease

valued member
I will add some pictures soon. My father and his father both have full head of hair but finer than when they were young.

V

Vento

valued member
Hairloss at a young age is devastating, confidence is shot with low self asteem. I for one advocate surgery at a young age providing the patient is fully aware of potential risks, the surgeon plans for the possibility of more hair loss and has the capability to create a natural stand alone transplant.

slapstick2

slapstick2

im considering both those docs as well mate, i think they both consistently produce good work and sometimes the patients post their own results in natural lighting, which is a big plus as you know at least these specific results aren't amplified!
it would be good if any british former patients could comment on here and talk about their experience not just the procedure but the whole experience the trip itself and after care etc.i started thinning at about 17 but slowed down in my late 20s and now in my 30s.I am prob about a norwood 3/4 but if i had a transplant when i was younger i think i would prob be left with a weird ass hairline now mate??im getting back on the propecia and then hoping in the ew year to get something conservative done if i can afford it by then! lol

H

HairPlease

valued member
There are a few patients on here who are happy, maybe more will post their story.

K

kamalmalik

Dr. Erdogan and Doganay are both good. Check Longevita as well! Much cheaper price and they ensure quality. I am in touch with them. My budget is limited.

H

HairPlease

valued member
Thanks Fred I`m already following your blog with the anticipation that your transplant will be a great success and prove there is hope for younger patients.

B

baldingguy

Valued member
come on your age is early! wait until you are 30 at least.

H

HairPlease

valued member
I don't want to wait as I'm not happy with my appearance, don't suit a shaved look either.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Hairplease

Do some research on Finasteride(propecia) and decide whether it is something you want to commit too.

Finasteride has kept me between a Norwood 3-4 for the last 16years. Im 37 now. My family history indicates all male members from my mothers side of the family are a Norwood 6/7 by the time they are 30.

It is your main realistic chance of maintaining your hair. The more hair you can maintain or strengthen the less transplanted hair you may require in the future.

I know this is really distressing, so thats why it is so important you spend the next couple of years researching your options.

In that time you can see if your hairloss progresses.

This is what i would do;-

1. Dye my hair slightly darker than its current color. It will make it appear slightly thicker especially if you have hairs that are becoming transparent.

2. Stay away from SMP and concentrate on maintaining your hair. SMP is being shown and advertised in the media these days. This is to try and generate more and more financial income, by creating more awareness of SMP. Thats great for business and making money, but not good if you have had SMP done. The more awareness of SMP, the more your shaved head with dots will attract suspicion.

3. Use Concealor. It will dramatically thicken your hair. Experiment with the following Caboki, Toppik, Mane.

4. FredtheBelgian whom is a similar age to you, spent a few years researching before his HT.

5. Post some pictures of your hair at its worst. You may get some good advice here.

Just dont do anything now you might regret. There is nothing stopping you from getting consultations from Clinics in Belgium or Turkey. Make sure they are good Clinics though! You will learn from that experience.

I see you have been posting on the SMP section. Do you want to be a guy with dots tattooed onto your head?

If you are still in the early stages of baldness (norwood 3 or less) then use a little bit of concealor. Its cheap, washes out easily and you can stop using it whenever you like. Seriously when i was your age and saw how effective it was, i was ecstatic.

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
I have posted this on another thread and I believe it bears repeating here. The highest concentration of highly skilled hair transplant artists exist in only one place in the world and that is Belgium. Now I am speaking specifically of a high concentration in a small geographic area and this simply cannot be denied it is absolute fact.

What you can learn from observing this is that the concentration itself creates competition where only the highest level of techniques, ethics and care can be offered anything less would simply not survive in that particular environment. This is truly market forces at work.

It would be wise to learn exactly what it is they are doing and accept nothing less if you choose to take the surgical route.

Last edited: