• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

12-18 months progress

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Was just thinking today that most people post up to about month 10-12 with there HT progress even though a full result from a HT can be seen up to 18 months. Anyway I’m wondering who here saw improvement from month 12 onwards with their HT? Did the maturing of the hair make much difference to the final result?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I think by 12 months most people are happy and simply move on or go for another one.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I think by 12 months most people are happy and simply move on or go for another one.
Yep that’s true but I’d love to see 12 months and then 18 month photos to see how things improved or if people saw much/felt much improvement from the 12 to 18 month mark

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
It would help people who have slower growth than usual, especially a picture at 12 then 18 months.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
My crown definitely kept improving after 12 months but that could have been the Finasteride, pretty hard to differentiate. I stopped updating at 12 months because I was happy at that point.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I’m trying to get an idea of what maturing looks like and would love to see results before full maturing and then after. My left side seems very well developed and I think has matured quite well but my right side I think as some more ground for maturing. My left side did grow in a lot faster than my right. The hairs on the slower side look and feel like baby hair which as it matures will change its characteristics

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You are correct, usually all the grafts that are going to grow have done so by month 12 but some do experience growth beyond this. The difference is usually noticeable when the finer hairs eventually thicken up which helps to conceal the scalp.