• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1983 Transplant

O

Old School

Hello

I had the below transplant to my temples in 1983, when I was 19.

Pretty big plugs.

I really want rid of them with as little evidence remaining as possible.

Not particularly bothered about redistribution - I am 58 now and couldn't care less about being bald.

I would be grateful for any advice, particularly recommendations as to who to approach to do the work.

I am in the UK.

Thanks in advance...

Hair 2.jpg
Hair 1.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Old School.
Most experienced clinics should be able to punch these plugs out. Your pictures are blurry but the plugs look quite large. Therefore, a larger punch will be used and then the resulting hole is sutured together to help the wounds heal and give the slightest scarring.
Who did you have the procedure with all those years ago?
These threads will show how one member had plugs removed.

O

Old School

It was Transform in Manchester

Long, long gone, I reckon

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you’re not that far from Manchester you could reach out to Farjo clinic.

NZK Medical

NZK Medical

Valued member
Hi @Old School, There are two surgical methods to consider. Either mini strips if the grafts are closely situated or large. They are removed using the FUT method, as a result, a thin strip is taken. A suture around a cm or so long, depending on the strip length is left and then dissolves. Or needs to be removed. Or, FUE will punch out the grafts, then naturally heal over the wound areas. Also, a combination of both techniques is possible. Due to your pictures, it is hard to be more precise as to which. But both are potentially effective options. It often takes multiple passes to totally remove the hair/grafts. As some are left or not fully removed and will regrow.

There are also non-surgical options, laser hair removal, or electrolysis. There is a good thread on this forum on laser hair removal. These also take multiple sessions until the hair follicles are fundamentally killed off and stop regrowing hairs. These also, compared with the surgical options are potentially viable for you. On a proper inspection of your scalp maybe one is more suited than others.

You have to also consider your scalp and any scarring. As hair removal is not going to help your scalp return to a "pre-op look". From your pictures, it appears you have some ridging or raised skin around the hair growth. This ridging is hard to treat. There are a few skin resurfacing treatments you can research. If you enter into this also consider there is not a quick fix, it will take time. Good luck, best wishes

M

mania

I think you need to re transplant hair surgery for better results ...