• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

22...too young for this...

G

geraldbolar

hey all,

so im 22 and about 6 months ago i suffered through a pretty traumatic and stressful period. Recently i noticed my hairline significantly creeping up north. I had a couple questions. (as far as genetics go, dad side of the family is solid, mother side went bald in late 40's)

1. does having a receding hairline at an early age mean i will go bald at an early age or can this horrible process lay dormant for years before restarting?
2. can stress cause a hairline to recede?
3. will rogaine restore some hair to my temples? what can?
4. when should i really worry?

thanks,
gerald

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gerald,have you any pictures you can post of your hairline.

At 22 you are very young to be thinking of a HT imo.Give the meds a try such as Proscar/Propecia and maybe also Rogaine.You could also see your family doctor to have a health check just in case it is stress related or some other factor.

Take care.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I had my first HT at 22, stupid thing to do really stupid.

K

khair

Having a receding hairline at an early age means that you could go bald at an early age, but that is not a certainty. Your hairline can recede and lay dormant for a period of time before starting to recede again.

Stress does contribute to hair loss. It can contribute to losing your hair in the front as well as in the crown area.

I would recommend that you try not to think about your hair loss all the time because that will only increase your stress levels and cause you to lose more hair.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Stress doesnt cause your hairline to recede, it will only go in the crown with stress, and it will come back. Stress doesnt have anything to do with MPB.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Did you decide to try the meds dude?