• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

3 weeks FUE post op, donor area still looks pretty bad

B

bcl124

Hey everyone, recently had a 700 graft FUE procedure done at a pretty reputable clinic in NY, however, like the title says.. this is now 3 weeks post OP and the donor area still looks pretty bad. after a quick Google search every other result that popped up claimed the donor area should go back to normal after 5 or so days. just wondering if this is normal or not.

Obviously I have reached out to the clinic that worked on me before coming here and am awaiting their response, but in the meantime I figured I'd see if I can get anyone here who's had experience with FUE to weight in on it for me.

I'm gonna wait it out and see if it'll heal more.. but 3 weeks post op is definitely starting to get to the point where the worry sets in.

20210701_112554_capture.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It should have healed within a week or so but some of your extractions look like they’ve not closed up yet or they have hairs in them. Any chance you can get a zoomed in picture of thsee? It’s possible you’ve had a mild skin reaction which is why the area is red and not healing as expected.

Is the area itchy or sore?

B

bcl124

It should have healed within a week or so but some of your extractions look like they’ve not closed up yet or they have hairs in them. Any chance you can get a zoomed in picture of thsee? It’s possible you’ve had a mild skin reaction which is why the area is red and not healing as expected.

Is the area itchy or sore?
yes, the area is itchy and slightly tender to the touch. I'm at work for now but I'll try to get better pictures when I come home. it does look like there are still holes in my head almost as if it hasn't closed up yet more than actual scarring. yikes, I hope this isn't how my head will look permanently because that would be pretty bad.

Screenshot_20210701-150324_Gallery.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I think you have a mild infection/irritation. Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic or medicated shampoo to clear things up. It doesn`t look too bad and with the treatment your doctor advises, I think it will heal just fine.

B

bcl124

I think you have a mild infection/irritation. Your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic or medicated shampoo to clear things up. It doesn`t look too bad and with the treatment your doctor advises, I think it will heal just fine.
that makes sense.. thank you for the feedback

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Let us know what the doctor advises?

Do you have an immediate post op picture from the day of surgery?

Techno1

Techno1

The surface of the skin should be healed 3 weeks after your surgery. The subcutaneous level that is not visible usually takes longer to repair itself. The 700 grafts could have been spaced out over a larger area to preserve your donor in a healthier state.

B

bcl124

My surgeon got back to me yesterday after I showed him that picture and assured me it's still early in the healing process and nothing Is out of the normal, to just give it more time before I assess the final outcome .. that gives me some piece of mind because its honestly those little "holes" that bother me so much. I don't mind a few red dots and scarring here and there but I truly hope those little holes close up

S

smokeybacon

Did you ask your dr about taking an antibiotic? was it not advised? Is it still slightly tender and inflamed? Hope it gets better soon regardless.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Are you still buzzing your hair down? Try letting it grow a little to see what it looks like.

B

bcl124

here's the 3 month update.. still looks pretty bad , still can see the little holes and redness. I know 3 months is too early to see results but I would've guessed the donor area would be well beyond healed by now. Just emailed my Dr. and awaiting his input on this

though, it is getting better.. just very slowly so.

20210910_170243_capture(0).jpg

Techno1

Techno1

It does not look right.
What about the questions you were asked by other members prior?