• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

4151 FU Session with Dr. Paul Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Dr. Paul Shapiro performed a mega session on a 48 year old patient. The strip was harvested in two sections. First section removed by 9:30am and second by noon. Patient met all of Dr. Paul €™s criteria for a mega session. Surgery completed by 5:30pm.

Here is the breakdown of grafts and hair count.

1 Hair FU - 906 Hairs €“ 906

2 Hair FU €“ 2472 Hairs €“ 4944

3 Hair FU - 689 Hairs €“ 2067

4 Hair FU €“ 84 Hairs - 336

Total FU - 4151 Total Hairs €“ 8253

The total length of the strip: 24.5 cm long.

18.5 cm length x 1.5 cm wide strip

6 cm length x 1.8 cm wide strip

Trichophytic closure

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Here are pre op and immediate post op pics:

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Janna

Thanks for posting this example.

The transplanted area looks very good and very dense packed.Can i ask was the whole area all the way back to the crown tranplanted as in the first imm post op top down frontal picture it seems like it but in the last top down view picture from the back it appears to be the frontal third.

Thanks bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Major coverage is to the frontal 1/2 with few scattered in the crown area

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Great detailed post and pics Janna. Once again excellent, clean work that is going to look great. This guy will have a vast improvement to his overall look. I would guess that he will be more than satisfied.

Recently you have posted a couple of examples of cases that are 4000+FU. Have SMG been doing many cases in the past or are they slowly getting more comfortable with the larger sessions? Is it just a coincidence or are these the only 2 candidates for a megasession that they have come across? Ofcourse I am kidding but just curious.

Thanks

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
LOL, yea - they are the only two who met the criterias.

Our docs generally feel comfortable with 35-4000 sessions and only occassionally to beyond 4000 grafts. The criterias have to be met first and fore most. The mega session of 4600+ was in fact slated for 3500-4000 grafts but the patient had such good laxity and density that Dr. Paul decided to go for as much as he could. Dr. Paul predicted that we'd get just over 4000 grafts but was a little surprised with the 4600 grafts when cutting was finished. The most recent posting of 4100 was a similar situation.

S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi Janna,

Any updates for this patient?

cheers

SP

janna

janna

Valuable Member
In mid October it'll be time for his 6 months update, will ask if he can send pics or stop by so we can take pics. I recall him saying he'd be happy to update us.

S

solar panel

Valued member
Thx Janna

look forward to another excellent SMG result.

SP