• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

4856 Grafts Repair Patient 4 Year Update Dr Hasson

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Hi all, Joe kindly posted my video update earlier in the week, I just got back to the UK from a hairline refinement and scar revision it was also a chance for me to spend some time at the clinic with Joe and Doug and observing some surgeries of both Doctors Hasson and Wong.

As a real benefit the weather was great and I was able to explore Vancouver on foot, I will be updating my blog with a full range of photos of my trip and experience.

The surgery was a breeze for me as it was a very small session compared to last time around, despite my scalp being very tight from 4 strip sessions Dr Hasson was able to remove alot of my old UK scars and still get just over 600 grafts to soften and redesign my hairline, although I was very happy with my hairline after my old pluggy grafts had been hid Dr Hasson still felt it needed tweaking slightly.

The problem last time round was that my hairline created in 1996 by my old ht surgeon was wonky, I also wanted coverage all over so i didn't want a ton of grafts spend on my hairline and not get the coverage all over.Dr Hasson was able to even up the hairline and we decided a small widows peak might break up this appearance.

Whilst I was in town two guys from the UK were also in the chair on Thursday so it was good to catch up with them.

DSCN01332.jpg

IMG_81522.jpg

DSCN01352.jpg

IMG_81572.jpg

DSCN01382.jpg

IMG_81642.jpg

DSCN01402.jpg

IMG_81682.jpg

DSCN01432.jpg
IMG_81762.jpg

DSCN01532.jpg

IMG_81872.jpg

DSCN01562.jpg

IMG_81942.jpg

DSCN01482.jpg

IMG_81962.jpg

Last edited:
J

JJ09

Looks like it's been a long road for you...the end result however is fantastic ¬b`

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Garageland.

Good to hear all went well with this recent procedure and Dr Hasson was able to remove quite a bit of your old scars.

Your hair is looking great already and the extra 600 grafts will further enhance your hairline.I`m looking forward to seeing your new surgery pictures.

All the best.

bm.

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Thanks for the replies guys yes I have been thrilled by the results as stated I had my some scar revision and Dr Hasson was able to get some grafts which he felt and I agreed best suited to go into the hairline to lower it slighty and try to change the appearance of it, my first Dr in 1996 drew the hairline crooked...it seriously took he five seconds and it was crooked because he was standing to one side of me....anyway that's another story.

The grafts were split into singles to really refine the hairline and try to cover the mini and micro grafts that Dr Hasson could see, the hairline was lowered slighty and more so on the left to try to even it up a bit and we went with a small widows peak which I used to have in my teens.

It would have been nice to pull 3000 grafts and put then into the crown to thicken it up but cause of my previous wasted surgeries in the 90's it simply wasn't possible and 600 into the crown would have made no cosmetic improvement.

IMG_82992.jpg

IMG_83002.jpg

IMG_83042.jpg

IMG_83052.jpg

IMG_83072.jpg

IMG_83102.jpg

IMG_83142.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good Garageland,the new grafts should sort that hairline out giving it a more natural look.

Thanks for adding your surgery pictures.

Heal and grow well.

bm.

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac, it been two and a half weeks and quite a few of my grafts have started shedding as expected, I still have the staples in and will take them out after 3 weeks as the closure was tight and my scars appear to stretch a little, the redness in the recipient area is all gone so its just a waiting game to see how the new hairline will look and what the scar will be like once the hair that was shaved around it grows back.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I think that you made the right decision to go with work in the frontal area. It will make a nice change for you. I hope that the donor heals well for you.

NN

garageland

garageland

Valued member
I thought I would update my case at what was the 3.5 month period, I have some early growth into the hairline which is easier to see in certain light than other, this started around the 2.5 month mark with an odd baby hair this has become increasing more rapid over the last month.

The hairs don't really make any contribution to my hairline at the moment as they are still short and baby fine....here are some pics

IMG_3442-r.jpg

IMG_3444-r.jpg

IMG_3447-r.jpg

IMG_3448-r.jpg

IMG_3449-r.jpg

IMG_3450-r.jpg

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Does look very good have to say, miles apart from where you started.Amazing difference you must be extremely happy with the result ´s?

garageland

garageland

Valued member
I have taken some new shots of my hairline these represent a 6 month update, I have kept the original thread alive so you can see how the progress has been made over the years. I have noticed over the last few months that the hairs have really started to fill in now and help hide the old pluggy work further. Whilst the new hairs are there they are still quite fine and short and don't at this stage make a huge cosmetic improvement yet.

hairline-close-3-300x225.jpg

Hairline-close-300x228.jpg

Hairline-close-2-300x225.jpg

hairline-close-4-300x247.jpg

right-2-300x225.jpg

right-300x225.jpg

left-300x225.jpg

M

mars

Valued member
That is one hell of difference congrats,not that you need it but have you thought about fue just to top everything off,would their be issues in you getting fue since h&w dont do it,i apologise if im being nosey but im curious..

janna

janna

Valuable Member
David,

A great improvment from where you were before Dr. Hasson started his repair work on you. You still have another 6+ months to go for your final result too......good for you! All the best!! ¬b`

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Hi Mars thanks I don't feel I currently need to go through another op but if I did in the future fue would have to be the way to go for me. That said I have four separate scars as the docs who did my old work went into new areas creating new wide scars each time, my laxity is not good now so another strip would defo be ruled out. I could cherry pick some fue but I don't think I would get the numbers needed to significantly improve my crown or add greater density in other areas without thinning out my donor too much.

So I guess we are not going to find out whether the doctors would fire me for having fue with another clinic :T:

Janna, thank you very much, it's funny I know it is only a very small session but I haven't really given my results much thought this time round, unlike all the anxiety and checking in the mirror every five minutes of last time round.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Since you were pretty much sorted with the repair surgery and this last one ends up basically as a "touch up" from scar revision session, you can relax about it. You also know it's not going to produce a huge transformation. However, it'll refine your hairline enough so that you'll be able to tell a difference when you're getting ready in the morning but likely others in your personal life won't be able to tell. Of course the members will be able to tell.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Garageland,the hairline is very nice and pleased to hear Dr Hasson was able to remove more old scar tissue from your previous doctors work.

Thanks for the update.

Cheers bm.