• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

6 Months Result with Dr. Paul Shapiro

• Thread starter Paul Shapiro MD
  • Start date
Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member

This 60 year old male came in for his 6 month FU recently. I was hoping to do a larger case on him but he had a tight donor area and his density was a bit below average. I covered the first two thirds of his scalp but did not do any crown work. If he wants his crown covered that would take another surgery.
With 2788 I covered a large area of about 130 sq.cm. I expect to see more growth over the next six month.
His graft distribution was as follows:
1 Hair FU - 628
2 Hair FU - 1641
3 Hair FU - 427
4 Hair FU - 88
Total FU - 2788
Total hair - 5543

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
nice result ¬b` the area covered looks loads fuller and the hairline looks fantastic and completely natural as always bravo

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Great cosmetic improvement for this old boy, especially like the hairline and its density, sure he will be grabbing a few more grannys as a result of the procedure down at the bingo hall. :)

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Nice work..

Your patients always seem to looking happier in the "after" photos... and I can see why..

Nice and very natural result... again ...

Timbo

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Definitely a very nice improvement. Natural hairline and just the perfect amount of density. I can understand the want for more but at the age of 60 I personally think that he doesn't need it. I guess it certainly won't hurt but he looks great and it is very age appropriate.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice result,his hairline is very natural and suits him .

Peachy

Peachy

Agree very nice subtle change to the hairline. Not so sure about the grannies think he'll now be after our ladies....blimey!

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Very, very nice transformation. His hair line, alone, has radically altered his appearance and given him a much more youthful look. At his age I don't think he needs any more hair, lest us younger balded brethren riot in the streets! ::;mb;;D

Question:

is it rare to see a virgin scalp w/sub-par laxity? I'm assuming he was a virgin scalp here. Also, something I've always wondered, prior to the actual strip removal, how do you asses one's scalp laxity? Is it like the "pinch an inch" on the belly? :) seriously though, I'd like to know as it has always intrigued me and I would like to perform my own test runs at home.

Last edited:
S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi NG2GB,

re: laxity

i've read if you can pinch scalp between finger and thumb you have excellent laxity, if you can move scalp up and down using palms of your hands you have average laxity and poor laxity is if there is minimal movement.

You can improve your laxity with scalp exercises Joe from H+W has posted a video showing how to do them on you tube

hope this helps

SP

BTW GL with your surgery

janna

janna

Valuable Member
NotGoing2GoBald wrote:
Question:

is it rare to see a virgin scalp w/sub-par laxity? I'm assuming he was a virgin scalp here. Also, something I've always wondered, prior to the actual strip removal, how do you asses one's scalp laxity? Is it like the "pinch an inch" on the belly? :) seriously though, I'd like to know as it has always intrigued me and I would like to perform my own test runs at home.

NG, that's a good question......... I'm afraid there are virgin scalps that do not have very good laxity and there are patients who have very good laxity who end up with bigger than normal size scar so a good part of the outcome is also dependant upon patients own physiology and how they heal.

Testing for laxity, the docs do pinch the scalp for laxity and you can get a very good sense of it before the strip is harvested. Instruments such as tissue forceps are used to gauge just how "loose" your skin is once a small portion of your strip is excised out. You want the two sides to come together easily. Keep on exercising that scalp.