• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

7months Update-Dr. Ron Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
2792 Grafts/5537 Hairs - 7 Months Result - Ron Shapiro, MD

We try to present various ht surgeries and results with different degrees of hair loss. With any type of case, there are individual goals and expectations for consideration. While some patient may desire a low hair line or thickening in the front half, others want coverage all over. You weigh your options carefully. This particular patient wanted "some" coverage throughout. He has realistic expectations and goals in regard to keeping the hairline where it was and just rebuilding the foundation and not lowering it much. His current updates are at 7 months post op.

Slide3.jpg

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Immediate Post Op Pics to show graft placement

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi Janna,

Awesome result,any idea what the area covered was? looks like he's got full coverage from less than 3k grafts,amazing result! How short on average would you say your patients can cut there donor without the scar showing?also how many HAIRS are needed per CM to give good coverage in natural daylight.

Cheers

SP

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks SP, appreciate it.

Most patients can cut their hair as short as 1/2 inch (about 2cm) in length to cover the sutures/staples. In regards to how many hairs for coverage, I deal mainly in grafts per cm2. It will also vary depending on each person's hair characteristics but we 've seen consistently 25-30 grafts for cm2 will cover the scalp enough to produce decent density. IMO, the natural light is not as harsh on showing scalp as much as flash in the top down shots.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Nice transformation. Now he has a hair line to frame his face and no more bald shiny spots on top...very nice!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking very good at 7 months,he`s had considerable growth.

bm.

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
janna wrote:
Most patients can cut their hair as short as 1/2 inch (about 2cm) in length to cover the sutures/staples.
Just to clarify, 1 inch = 2.54cm, so a 1/2 inch is only about 1.25cm.
Pretty short :)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I was using my fingers to convert the measurements - didn't do the actual conversion...lol. Sorry. I would lean more to the 2 cm length than 1.25cm length.

We've missed you LY. Good to see you back.

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
I'm an engineer, so I probably have an unhealthy fixation on units of measurement.

I've been lurking around now and then - just been quiet :)

Nice job on this guy by the way - how many grafts did he get in the front/back??