• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Accepting this ?

M

MrPotatoeHead

Hi,

First of all I'm new to the forum so I'm very glad I that community because I am receiding and askming myself a lot of questions.

I've never been that kind of guy who takes a lot of care of himself but since I'm receiding, I begin to think it's important to take SOME care. I dont want to be superficial either !

I was just wondering, why can't I accept receiding ? If I look around myself, like 60% of men are experiencing male patern baldness so... why not just shave my head and get over it ? I don't know, maybe I'm shallow ?

What about you guys ?

T.C

T.C

Its about how it affects your confidence at the end of the day.Its not superficial to want to restore your hair to how it was before the key word being RESTORE.Now say someone had no loss and a great hairline but wanted it lowered that to me is over the top. How much receding/loss you can live with is different with everybody.Personally I receded for 8 years before doing something as I could disguise it up until that point although the only style I could adopt was the comb forward.

M

MrPotatoeHead

T.C i am not receiding since 8 years but I think I'll take care of it fast before people begin to notice... i really don't want a comb over haha !

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi PH

I think its all about self image... how many of those 60% are thinking the same as you..

Having been through the HT route.. a bad one in the UK some 15 years ago and then a repair a couple of years ago I would definately say that if I had to choose again I would have just let nature take if course, had my hair buzzed and got on with life..

In my opinion being bald is far more accepted now days than it was years ago... comb overs are few and far between now...

Again, its all about self image and how comfortable you are with hairloss.. there is a choice now .. to go bald or not to go bald...

Maybe you should look into the available medications that can halt hairloss or even reverse it a bit. Regaine and Propecia could halt your hairloss...

HT's have come along way and if you choose your surgeon / clinic well the results can be fantastic..

Will stop there.... hope my rambling maybe of some use

Tim

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Mrpotatoehead

Well a good question.

Shaving ones head if it goes bald doesn't always give a pleasing result. I shave my head now that has hair and it's very different to shaving without hair, shaving doesn't miraculously solve ones problems nor make the loss go away.

I hated not having hair to frame my face and surgery has rectified that, and I don't think it is superficial to have such surgery, ones it trying to recover what was natually there in the first place not put something extra.

Hairloss has been around since the beginning of time but it is only recently that surgery and medication are there, I imagine our ancestors would have given anything for the opportunities we have today.

That said, research and time are needed in order to see the best route for you personally.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I'd try shaving anyway, just to see if you like it, I didn't try this and I regret this decision, now I've got a scar and can't shave down too short.