• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Advice on scar after FUE

K

Keith

Thanks it is very disappointing. There are hairs present but they're not growing very long and are mainly singular so I'm guessing the doctor will suggest more time to let the new grafts grow. I can't imagine a scenario when the surgeon will admit fault or give me compensation can you?

Do any doctors on here have any advice e.g @NZK Medical? Have you come across any similar cases that have gone on to be successful at a later date?

Anyway, I've attached some key milestones along with a clearer photo of how it is today at 11 month mark

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Keith Mellor Pre Op.jpeg
20220305_124927.jpg
20220313_164454.jpg
20220923_162038.jpg
20230210_100642.jpg
20220326_145654.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
3000 grafts if that’s how many were transplanted was never going to be enough considering they were spread out across your whole head.
‘Quite a few have grown in the hairline where they were concentrated more. I think you should cut a 1cm square out of card, place it over the hairline in stages and count the grafts. This will tell you what density you have. If you had someone to assist you, you could potentially check the whole area this way. It won’t be exact because of shedding etc but you’ll get a close enough estimate. You can ask the clinic what density they placed at.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
there is no brown coloured covering It looks shaded somewhat because of the SMP micro scalp pigmentaton I had done years ago. However if you zoom in you can clearly see the hairs in the grafted area ( further up in the thread you can see my scalp on the initial days after the procedure which clearly shows what area has been grafted)
That makes sense then you having faded SMP. What made you decide to have a hair transplant rather than update the SMP?

K

Keith

That makes sense then you having faded SMP. What made you decide to have a hair transplant rather than update the S

That makes sense then you having faded SMP. What made you decide to have a hair transplant rather than update the SMP?
Because my HT was only £2k which was pretty much the same price i had my smp done 5 years ago ( was around 10k for HT at the time) Also i wanted texture to my scalp which you dont get with smp which just looks like a shiny grey scalp when the light shines on it

Last edited:
K

Keith

3000 grafts if that’s how many were transplanted was never going to be enough considering they were spread out across your whole head.
‘Quite a few have grown in the hairline where they were concentrated more. I think you should cut a 1cm square out of card, place it over the hairline in stages and count the grafts. This will tell you what density you have. If you had someone to assist you, you could potentially check the whole area this way. It won’t be exact because of shedding etc but you’ll get a close enough estimate. You can ask the clinic what density they placed at.
Thanks. i will ask my clinic about the density ( not sure i fancy the laborious task of estimating them ) . Regarding 3k grafts not being enough, my surgeon showed me a photo of someone with a similar hairline to me who had similar vol of grafts. In his case the transplanted hairs grew long and i was happy with the coverage judging by the photo ( i.e not thick but enough to cover most of the area of scalp treated) Surely my issue is that the transplanted hairs have not grown very long, rather than density or the grafts not producing any hair at all ? i.e if all the transplanted hairs currently on my head grew at normal length , I'd have reasonably coverage right?

Not sure if you have come across any situation where the new hairs have struggled to grow much more than 1cm long like mine ? is there any medication/ therapy i can do to help this?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
You have to ask yourself how a clinic can do that many grafts for 2 grand. A full surgical day, wages, supplies and the rest. It cost my friend 3 grand to have one permanent dental implant.

K

Keith

I see your point and asked the same questions myself. However the clinic was a fairly reputable one in the UK called Hair Growth Centre ( HGC) . Plenty of reviews, been going a while and has done a few HT on celebrities . what would you say was a more realistic cost for 3000 grafts? Also can the quality of the HT impact how long the transplanted hair grows after surgery? As mentioned, i'm happy with what hairs have emerged from my scalp, i'm just concerned that they have not grown very long and I'm still in hope that the hairs will grow longer in time.