• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Beachboy's 16 Month Update

beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
Guy's
As a consequence of moving house and a change to my role at work around August/September last year, I neglected to post my progress at 12 months post-op from a 2600 fu session with Dr Feller in September 2007 (poor excuse, I know).

I`m now 16 months out and thought I would post to show just how far I`ve come during that time. I no longer consider myself bald and this has had a big impact on my outlook on life. Dr Fellers work is stellar and to any of you hesitating about taking that step towards doing something about your hair loss, my advice is to go for it. Life`s too short to let it stop you enjoying it and given the amazing results from top docs like Dr Feller, what have you got to risk?
Cheers
Beachboy

Pre-op

Attachments

• 1113[1].jpg
    1113[1].jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,216
beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
Imm Post-op

Attachments

• 1210[1].jpg
    1210[1].jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,244
beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
Imm Post-op side

Attachments

• 1410[1].jpg
    1410[1].jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,206
beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
16 months front

Attachments

• IMG_0609.JPG
    IMG_0609.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,200
beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
16 months side

Attachments

• IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 1,181
beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
16th months front

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,226
beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
16 months side

Attachments

• IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,198
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Looks great. Glad to see the updates. You look great and now have such a wide variety of choices for hairstyles. Thanks for posting.

NN

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Beach Boy,

fantastico! Your mop is glorious, not one hint of MPB. No wonder your so uplifted. Very natural and like NN said you have virtually every hair style now at your disposal. Congrats. ¬b`

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking great beachboy.

You definately cant consider yourself bald with that mop of hair.

Cheers bm.

beachboy

beachboy

Valued member
NN, NG2 & bigmac

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated. I have to say that its a huge relief to me to no longer be so self-conscious of a receding hairline. Interestingly, although I now have more options in styling my hair, I still find myself brushing it forward with a fringe (bangs) as I always did. Old habits die hard. I need to be a bit more adventurous, however I must confess that my high forehead (family characteristic) still bothers me and this is exacerbated by the temple point recession that I suffered as part of losing my hair. Although Dr Feller addressed those areas, I consider that they may benefit from further work to better define and bring them more forward, reducing the expanse of forehead somewhat.

NN has previously commented on a number of occasions on an emerging trend for hairlines to be quite rounded. This is the case with me as can be seen in the 3rd picture (something bigmac picked up on and asked about on my 10 month progress post), so I am also considering a refinement to broaden the hairline. What isn't so clear from the pictures is that there is a mismatch in density between the native and transplanted hair that results in a slight 'dip' either side of my forelock/central vertex, so I am also considering going over the previously planted areas to increase density to somewhere near that of the native hair. Hair greed or what!

I would welcome anyone's thoughts on this.

Cheers

Beachboy

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

beachboy wrote:
I would welcome anyone's thoughts on this.
Honestly? I bet 80%+ of the guy's on here would *kill* to have as much hair as you did pre-op. By my lights, you went from an NW1 to an NW zero. Based off of the pictures you posted, I really can't pick up on the two problems you mentioned ( too rounded of a hairline, and native hair denser than the rest) but in *complete* honesty, even if this is the case, I would play around w/various hairstyles and cuts to find the one that best suits you overall ( which could virtually eliminate these problems by virtue of illusion); and simply move on.

You currently have a head of hair whom most guy's who visit these sites will never be able to achieve. I'm not saying that to discredit your initial concerns pre-op or your concerns now post-op, but merely to say if I were you I would simply move on w/my life, not be bothered by this nonsense any longer (no more surgeries, no more worries) and be happy (very happy) w/what you have; life is too short to over analyze a (now) fantastic head of hair. And, yes, it does look *that* good. Congrats.
That's just my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I have to agree with everything NG2 said, without sounding too queer, your hair looks great.

Shang

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

was it queer to say his hair looked good? '''ss'' wooops...:T:
after all, all I do is oggle man mops here day and night...~LV:)

Last edited: