• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Body hair transplant (BHT) to facial area

P

PatchyBeard

Hi, I would like to add some density to my patchy beard using body hair from pubic area and armpits (for the sake of saving donor at the back of my head for future). I'm fully aware of all consequences related to having those hair on my face like different sebaciuos glands etc. but I want to do it anyway.
I'm looking for clinic in Europe or Turkey to have it done. Any recomendations?

M

mania

I think you don't need any recommendation from anyhone except from you physician or surgeon who are going to operate your body hair transplant surgery he will definitely know better ...

Hi, I would like to add some density to my patchy beard using body hair from pubic area and armpits (for the sake of saving donor at the back of my head for future). I'm fully aware of all consequences related to having those hair on my face like different sebaciuos glands etc. but I want to do it anyway.
I'm looking for clinic in Europe or Turkey to have it done. Any recomendations?

This greatly depends on how patchy your beard is the size of the areas you want to improve. But if you have a strong beard below the jawline and neck area it may be possible to take beard to beard. Obviously all depends on the donor being able to be removed without compromise to the look and enough being available. But, if possible it gives the added benefit of the same hair characteristics so a natural blend is achieved.

B

Bandit

Will pubic hair not look odd on the face? not sure about yours but mines very curly, course and almost like wire in texture. Maybe it would look better mixed with armpit hair i don't know but alone mine certainly wouldn't look right on my face.

Hair characteristics are important when using an alternate donor supply, same applies to beard reconstruction using scalp hair. There needs to be enough of a match to blend and look natural. This is easier to do when filling in areas of thinning. Harder when reconstructing large areas of loss.

Another aspect to pubic is technically punching the hair follicles from the area.FUE punching from the beard can be demanding and more challenging compared to traditional scalp FUE. When the skin is flexible, pliable, flabby etc it becomes harder to control the accuracy of the punch. This can increase transection risk, scarring and in general graft care.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Another aspect to pubic is technically punching the hair follicles from the area.FUE punching from the beard can be demanding and more challenging compared to traditional scalp FUE. When the skin is flexible, pliable, flabby etc it becomes harder to control the accuracy of the punch. This can increase transection risk, scarring and in general graft care.

That would make it harder to extract grafts from me then if having flabby skin is an issue
;)

Joking apart that's a good point you have made there and one i wouldn't have even thought about. If flabby/flexible skin is an issue when punching/extracting does it also make it harder to plant in this type of skin like the beard area?

Thanks @bullitnut, and yes, flabby/flexible skin also makes creating the recipient sites harder and graft placement. In some cases needing to pull the skin tight or maybe expand the area with saline to ensure the correct incision can be made and the placement ensures the hair follicle is secure and will grow.