• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Body Hair Transplantation...Some interesting considerations to think about...

T

Todd

Definitely wiser with your posts that are indepth and expain a lot.

Reactions: sl
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Thanks Bri….I am at the point of calculating my pension year ….still few to go...

S

Scarred UP

@Scarred UP, the patient had a good beard but to me it doesn't visibly look different now. Especially as we spread the extractions as far as possible. I will see if he has pre surgery photos also.

Were you able to acquire additional photos?

sl

sl

Hi Scarred up, the photos I posted 20 April were of the patient mentioned, so a week ago from front and sides. So, they are the latest from him and up to date. If I can get anymore shaved etc of him then will be happy to share and also I can shave my myself, (I posted myself a few days ago with a few days growth but happy to shave also), and I can again post. This patient AKA Ejj he has not presented any issues from the beard work we did and to the point of asking for more work to crown from the beard. So, he healed very well and still has donor that we can tap into and he is eager to do.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

I have just started to put a little avocado oil on my transplanted beard grafts to soften them . I'm now 5 months after my HT.
Steve have you ever used anything to soften those coarser beard grafts or hear of anything worthwhile trying.
Thanks
Paddy

S

Scarred UP

Hi Scarred up, the photos I posted 20 April were of the patient mentioned, so a week ago from front and sides. So, they are the latest from him and up to date. If I can get anymore shaved etc of him then will be happy to share and also I can shave my myself, (I posted myself a few days ago with a few days growth but happy to shave also), and I can again post. This patient AKA Ejj he has not presented any issues from the beard work we did and to the point of asking for more work to crown from the beard. So, he healed very well and still has donor that we can tap into and he is eager to do.

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. (y)

Dr Arvind

Dr Arvind

Valued member
I have just started to put a little avocado oil on my transplanted beard grafts to soften them . I'm now 5 months after my HT.
Steve have you ever used anything to soften those coarser beard grafts or hear of anything worthwhile trying.
Thanks
Paddy
You may like to use natural aloe vera gel using real plant. Not aloe vera in a bottle.
I hope everyone knows how to use it. If not, please let me know.
Regards,
Dr. A

sl

sl

Thank for the question Paddyirishman. If we are talking recipient dominance over time then it does not rely on oil as such and will be an organic process but that said if you wish to apply an oil, serum or something then that is fine and may make things more manageable. I myself didn't use anything but now apply peppermint oil with a carrier oil such as Emu, important to dilute it! Peppermint feels good and also increases blood to the scalp but you may fair well with Aloe as suggested above or what suits you really. I also used to use the gel from the plant and not bottle, but in Italy it was very costly to buy the plants! Change takes time as do the best things in life, it is a process and I am really keenly watching your case and look forward to your updates and see how things grow and adapt also.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Dr.Arvind thanks for the advice on the Aloe Vera gel. Yes I have been using a good brand of organic Aloe Vera . I massaged it in to my scalp to help relieve dryness. I also used it as a hair gel also.

Paddy.

Aloe Vera juice.jpg

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

The above pic is what I take in the morning which is a cap full that I drink.

The pic below is what I meant to post above as its the gel I massage in the scalp and use as a gel sometimes.
Paddy

Aloe Vera Gel.jpg

Reactions: sl
sl

sl

Hi Pratyush, we have not had issues of scarring but skin in general can depend on skin tones as per the Fitzpatrick scale from less likely to more prone, and types of tools, size etc play a part in it. If in doubt then start in the less visible areas to see how you heal with a particular clinic etc.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Just out of interest do you know what the biggest BHT case is that BHR has performed?

sl

sl

Hi BM, we have hit a good 4k or so with some that I know of and recently 3k in one sitting that was only beard and chest and that came in very well.

Here is a case here that comes to mind on this forum:-

sl

sl

This case is an example of 3000 body hair only that a patient shared.
3000 bfue.jpg
fter bfue.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice use of body hair showing if done by a skilled doctor the results can be great.
Thanks for linking and the images.

T

Todd

That body hair has made a significant impact on his density. Where was it taken from?

sl

sl

We deal with beard and chest for body hair and this was a mixture of both as patient had undergone 2 previous surgeries resulting in a compromised donor with miniaturisation and so we utilized body hair to good effect and with excellent growth compared to his previous clinic/s.

Last edited: