• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Botox and ht's

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Just curious whether botox in the forehead can cause problems with ht's either post op OR pre op.
I know that aneasthetic is administered in this area pre op so would botox be advised against? ..... Also as it parylizes muscle for a while could it affect growth post op.
Ps
Before anyone has a jibe lol i dont need it and am certainly not thinking of getting it, the only reason i ask is my partner has had it in the past under her arms to combat excessive sweating and it got me thinking

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Yup, you're much too young for botox but I do know girls who started in their early 30's because they've inherited the wrinkled forehead. We've had patients who had ht surgery and later in the afternoon receive a treatment of botox so I'm guessing it's okay pre-op and post op.

H

hairtech

And to add to Janna's statement... my post which will have nothing to do with your question but something to consider... is this... The advantage to starting Botox at a younger age or at least continuing a therapy for an extended period of time is that the muscles that are serially paralyzed by the botulinus toxin will atrophy over time. Atrophying to the point that you may not need as many treatments. The tiny muscles are compromised and unable to contract and crinkle your face if you will lol.

my 2 cents.'''ss''

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

hairtech wrote:
The tiny muscles are compromised and unable to contract and crinkle your face if you will lol.

Is it true your muscles suffer from temporary paralysis while on botox; if so to what extent? If I got it in my forehead could I still raise my eyebrows w/ease, or will it require much effort and look gimp?

H

hairtech

The answer to that question relies on the skilled Botox injector. Sometimes an inexperienced injector can make you look like you have a serious look... Looking angry. This will last for three months. On the average the Botox effect lasts about three months before the next injection.

An experienced injector will not make you look angry when injecting around your eyebrows.;;D

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

lol that was a quick reply, thanks. But what about the muscle paralysis: will your eyebrow movements be restricted in anyway? I dont wanna have to use my fingers to lift my eyebrows every time I'm 'shocked' lol...

H

hairtech

Ok let me put it this way... A properly injected Botox will not affect your basic expressions... However, if it is improperly injected then you will have an issue of an unwanted expression you are involuntarily attempting... just like your example of being shocked. c;;9 . You might be trying to look shocked but instead you either have not changed expressions... or have some other droopy look, etc... but this will last only 3 months. And you should report this to your "injector". He/she should adjust the point injection site... so that this does not happen again.

Last edited:
J

JJ09

Could Botox be an effective way of dealing with painful strip scars?

H

hairtech

Gosh I am thinking there was one or two docs thinking about this. It has to do with relieving tension on the strip scar post operatively... darn I think it was Dr. Wolf... or Dr. Jones... um... I have to look. Good concept. But I guess there hasn't been anything published lately about it. However it makes sense!