• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

chasing the baldness?

• Thread starter folliclediabolical
  • Start date
F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Reading a post on another forum which ive pasted below,and seeing a friend of mine who is completely bald on top with only a 3" donor area at the lower back of the scalp has got me thinking.Are we just constantly chasing the baldness away with HT's?.I know some people respond well to meds and not everyone will end up in the high norwood scale's,but if you look at a lot of guys in their late 40's and 50's that have lost their hair,there totally bald on top.to cover that would take numerouse procedures surely,so even if they started when they were a low norwood scale,they would just be chasing it year after year.

Another good point in the post below is that looking at these guys donor areas,theres hardly anything left of them,so if you have a few strip procedures,the scars could well be visible as the donor line drops.

Sorry to put a downer on things but my research into HT's and all things balding has been a bit of a rollercoaster.Just when i think ive decided to go for it,i come across some info or a situation and think perhaps id be better off letting nature take its course.

What are other people opinion's?

hair forum post:

http://anotherforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1466060861/m/828103544

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Oh come on fellow baldies,someone must have an opinion :)

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Well obviously I can't comment on your link since I don't speak arabic but I do understand your fears. Personally I believe that everyone should focus on the frontal 2/3 if they are possibly going to become a higher Norwood. Just accept early on that you will be able to frame your face nicely and have a nice hairline but likely will have a balding crown.

If you are one of the lucky ones that has a crazy donor area then you might be lucky enough to get complete coverage but certainly don't start off with this in mind or you are absolutely correct that a person will just keep chasing baldness and will probably never win the battle.

I am between a NW4-5 and am 41 yrs. old. I have no plans to cover the crown for the very reason you are mentioning. I do plan on having another procedure to solidify the frontal 2/3s however.

NN

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
That's bizzare,i checked that link myself straight after posting!.

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Here's the link again.Be quick before it changes into latin this time!

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1466060861/m/791102254

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Oh sod the crows it's gone already lol,anyone speak arabic? i give up.The jist of the link is in my post anyway :)

Dr Arvind

Dr Arvind

Valued member
Dear folliclediabolical,
The link is in arabic it seems and I do not understand/read the language. However, I understand your point. Its a delimma for all patients and HT doctors. If you are a NW 4 now and undergo a HT, you should plan for the worst before getting the HT. And, the worst should figure in that you would progress to a NW 7. There are various approaches that can be used for the said planning. A good starting step would be to study many patient results that had advanced degree of hairloss to begin with.

If reading all of them, you feel discouraged from getting a transplant, I would advise you NOT to go for it.
Regards,
Dr. A

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Thanks for ther advice Dr Arvind,
I know not everone will end up a NW7 but i agree it should be planned for when starting on this journey.

M

mountinvan

Valued member
How much more balding can one expect if the candidate is a NW3 55 year old? 60 year old? Is full coverage realistic for those age persons?