• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Choosing a Hair Transplant Doctor

T

toni

Finding the right hair transplant surgeon is hard work as there are vast choices out there. A hair transplant is something I take seriously, its a surgical procedure with the risks that any surgery may entail and I don't want to screw it up. They are expensive but I feel if it will improve my quality of life its worth it.

So I`m looking for a hair transplant surgeon with lots of experience and a proven track record with many happy patients , this is a must for myself. Not all hair transplant surgeons are equal, as in any profession some are naturally better skilled than others, some are known for natural hairline work, others crown work, some for all over coverage and finally some are renowned as leaders in the field.

I find myself somewhat overwhelmed with the number of doctors representing themselves as world leaders in the field. While many of these doctors are reputable surgeons with excellent credentials and vast experience, many others are not. I find myself tirelessly researching each and every doctor, looking at results, reading patient testimonials, viewing the credentials, it seems never ending.

Once I choose a surgeon based on their proven experience and successful results I`ll share all my reasons why I made this choice.

Respect to everyone who take time out to share information.

toni.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome, make sure you do plenty of research, ask questions on here if needed and maybe try to meet up with patients.Good luck in your research.

sun123

sun123

Raises a lot of questions I suppose with the way this industry is going to unfold. Have a situation where you can pay 60% less for FUE from some clinics where the work is carried out by technicians. To date I have not seen evidence that the work performed by technicians is inferior to many doctors, such is the nature of a hair transplant the majority of the work seems to be done by technicians

T

toni

Agreed some clinics have technicians highly skilled at Fue but I want a top doctor to at the very least supervise the surgery.

Yes choosing the right hair transplant surgeon is very difficult because hair transplant is a process of transporting the healthy and strong hair roots from the donor area , which is usually in the back of the head , to the area which is thinned down or completely opened . For this work needs a highly experience surgeon .

T

toni

Yes Nasmah I get that. What you write is what I am posting about.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How are you getting on with your research, have you had any consults yet.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
One thing that always stands out to me and niggles me a little when i hear about people wanting to choose a surgeon is when others say comments like "there are plenty of good surgeons who do good work and don't have any online presence" (not that this has been said on this thread).......Now to me this is more than likely true but i honestly cannot for the life of me see why people who don't know these doctors would take such a huge risk when you could choose a doctor with a proven track record and lots of displayed results on the forums. The best bit of advice i could say is if you narrow down a doctor then ask to see his work in person if at all possible.
I would start researching by looking over the various clinic sections and by reading the patients posts as usually happy patients points to good doctors.

Good luck dude.;)

Research well and take your time.

T

toni

bullitnut wrote:
One thing that always stands out to me and niggles me a little when i hear about people wanting to choose a surgeon is when others say comments like "there are plenty of good surgeons who do good work and don't have any online presence" (not that this has been said on this thread).......Now to me this is more than likely true but i honestly cannot for the life of me see why people who don't know these doctors would take such a huge risk when you could choose a doctor with a proven track record and lots of displayed results on the forums. The best bit of advice i could say is if you narrow down a doctor then ask to see his work in person if at all possible.
I would start researching by looking over the various clinic sections and by reading the patients posts as usually happy patients points to good doctors.

Good luck dude.;)

Research well and take your time.

Agreed Bullitnut.. I'm looking at the doctors results and researching results posted by their patients.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear the forum is helping you out.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Bigmac wrote:
Good to hear the forum is helping you out.

Man I just wish forums like this were around years ago as it would have helped prevent a lot of heartache for a lot of poor guys who got butchered back then. Hair transplants can be amazing and totally transform a guys whole life but on the flip side they can ruin it too so research carefully dude :)

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
The forums are a double edged sword €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦.too much manipulation of information which can often make it even more confusing for most new to the game. The only remedy for this is time €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦finding the truth takes time and that is why each and every prospective patient must have patience. Let time pass and just observe. I have reams and reams of statements that were made over the years that have proven to be lies told by those that work in the industry in various capacities and work the forums but it only becomes evident over time.

I ask myself if I were a doctor would I want to be on a forum €¦ €¦ €¦..I €™m not so sure. Unless much of what is out there gets cleaned up I would imagine only the lesser grade clinics will continue to participate. Personally I am on the stubborn side and maybe too principled at times and I would risk losing business to maybe not be a part of it and I have in my own life. It almost becomes a matter of guilt by association. Of course this is my own personal opinion and I €™m not the first to say it over the last 15 years or so. It seems that the money sucks most of them in but there is always a price to pay for that compromise many just don €™t know it yet. This forum does a good job but of course there are always those that will come to any forum that are not what they appear to be and of course sometimes we have to be polite and go along with it until we know for sure otherwise.

Eventually someone will develop a better mouse trap but in the meantime we need to do our best to get honest information out there so that some young guy does not have his life ruined by a bad decision.

If you are a prospective patient start with reading each and every forum on a daily basis. Skim as if reading a newspaper and look for threads that you feel might be of value. If you do not have a good memory write things down. Look for consistency in statements and look for patterns of behavior. Over time patterns are easy to pick up on. Sometimes even the simplest of statements can give some a deeper insight in to another person's thought process and how that affects you in the long run. Time is essential...............those that rush into a decision usually end up on the short end of the stick...........not all of them but a good majority.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes take your time researching, imo it's better to read the forums and get patient feedback rather than just viewing a clinics website.

T

toni

Agree totally with you guys. Read between the lines sifting through the information avoiding the bs. It's unreal the lengths some go to promote, new doctor in town with umpteen happy patients praising the messiah. You get my drift.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Patient feedback is usually the key to finding a good doctor imo....if there aren't many happy patients and just the odd cherry picked result here and there then be carefull dude;)