• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Consultation about my current situation, need to know if I'm a real FUE candidate and who should be the surgeon to see

T

tarzzan

Hello guys,
I'm 47 years old, born in Colombia, SouthAmerica. Please assist me to make a decision about the adequate treatment for recovering my hair line, some mor density in the front and self-confidence as well.
I've been searching some doctors in Colombia, and they are kind of pricey. I contactted people related to Dr Pinto in Portugal and Dr Cinik in Turkey.
What do you guys consider what is my cureent baldness state?. I have never taken finas but I did use minox for a while.
My expectations is not having any "young-look" guy hairline, I just want to have some more hair and feeling better.
Thank you in advance for your attention.
I set an account in Baldtruthtalk before joining you guys, but some reason I have never received any suggestion since last week.

IMG_8777.jpg
IMG_8782.jpg
IMG_8784.jpg
IMG_8785.jpg
IMG_8787.jpg
IMG_8520.jpg
IMG_8519.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Tarzan.

Welcome to the forum.
Your hairline still looks pretty good, it could benefit from some grafts to strengthen and add density. I personally would not lower it. Your hair in the mid scalp and crown is thinning. Are you wanting to have density added to them?
I see you tried Minoxidil but not Finasteride. What`s the reason you never give Finasteride a try? In my own experience, it has worked great in maintaining and improving my hair, especially in the crown.

Dr Pinto`s work looks decent. I`m not sure what he charges.
Dr Cinik, I`ve seen decent work and poor work. Depending on who does your surgery at his clinic could be a deciding factor on how your transplant turns out.

Who have you looked at in Colombia and what do you class as pricey?

In South America, I like the work of Dr Chueco from Argentina and Dr Tykocinski from Brazil.

When you factor in travel costs etc, they may work out cheaper.

T

tarzzan

Thankyou very much for your kind reponse!!
In colombia ws Dr Rene Rodriguez, he said I would need 2400 units which costs around 23,000,000 colombian pesos, some kind of US.$7,300. He is "recognized' for being the surgeon of national soccer players and soup operas actors.
Concerning to finasteride, where should I find it?. I live in new york for now.
I've found a femle doctor in Turkey, her name is Sibel Usulan, very few reviews, but her son lives here in New York, he is kind of her agent for potential clients from the USA, at least he said so. According to them, she only does oneprocedure daily, she does it by herself, and she extract the units manually, have u ever heard about her?
thank u again for your suppport

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could try searching for online pharmacies such as https://www.getroman.com/drugs/finasteride/
for Finasteride.
I’ve not heard of that female doctor. There are quite a few good clinics in New York.
If her son sends patients to Turkey you could ask him if there are any local to you that are willing to meet you and show off their hair transplant.
2400 grafts they’ll be planting amongst your thinning hair behind the hairline. This hair could be at risk from shock loss, especially if it’s miniaturised.

T

tarzzan

Hello again,
I just received an email from Dr Cinik's clinic where I had already sent my pictures, according to them "I'm currently norwood category 3", does it make sense to you. According to all your experience through this, would I need so much units?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your central forelock looks fine, it`s about 7.5 cm from the bridge of your nose and your hairline follows a natural shape with no obvious sign of recession. As I said earlier, maybe a little refinement and possibly improve your temples. I would not lower the hairline
You could disregard surgery altogether and try the meds. Your crown and mid scalp could improve significantly.

What graft distribution plan did Cinik clinic offer?

With you being in New York you have a perfect opportunity to have some in person consultations.

T

tarzzan

thank u,Dr Cinic's team emailed me talgin about "2400" units, which I believe is too much.
Concerning your recommendation about seeing a doctor in NY, you are completely right!!
Will do!!
thank u again!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on where you are in New York you could reach out to Dr Carlos Wesley, Dr Dorin, Dr Feller or Dr Unger who are all qualified hair transplant doctors.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I was thinking about surgery first until I gave Finasteride a try. There were some months I was ready to give up because I thought it wasn't working but I stuck to it with the support from here and it's working. I have regained the miniturised hairs and eliminated the need for surgery.
Your hair looks as though you would benefit from Finasteride. You should take Bigmacs advice and have some appointments with doctors who can tell you the benefits and risks with it.
You can see my results on my thread.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Let us know what the New York doctors advise? If you go to one of course.

T

tarzzan

Hello guys!!
thanks Kevboy for sharing your experience with finas, I will see my primary doctor tomorrow looking he can perscribe it .
Answering to Bigmac and with regards to New York's Dr Advise, I had a consultation for a Hair Restoration Medical Group in New Jersey, Dr checked me and said I would only 1200 units. They havent given me any price yet, but still it is kind of confusing, being told from others places my need would be around 2500 or 3000

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes clinics may get estimates incorrect when viewing photos only. If possible, seeing the doctor is always the best option. However, you were quoted more than double which is a big difference.
What surgery plan did the New York doctor advise?
Where did they say the grafts will be planted?

T

tarzzan

Doctor suggested 1500 units only for covering temples and recovering some density, it will be about $6 K

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Which clinic gave you the 1500 estimate?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Frankly, you still have A LOT of hair.
But, you also seem to have a pattern that is starting to show.

My personal recommendation is to hold of hair transplantation for now.
Check out the newest hair regeneration medications/treatments.
Give those at least one year as hair regeneration is very slow in most cases.

Afterwards, re-evaluate you hair situation.

You may need a hair transplantation to fill in some areas with low density, but frankly it may turn out that you are perfectly happy with the results without any transplantation.

Here is an example of a patient that used hair regeneration first and you can see that instead of loosing more hair, he actually improved his hair situation after just 6 months. In this case a combination of PRP treatment and liquid finasteride and liquid minoxidil where used.

He still wanted more hair in the frontal area, and this is what we performed for him about one year later.

Example below: before and after 6 months of hair rejuvination (no hair transplantation)

Attachments

• dieter v hair boost crown area.jpg
    dieter v hair boost crown area.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 75
  • dieter v hair boost frontal area.jpg
    dieter v hair boost frontal area.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 87

Philw

Finesteride 1mg take mom wed fri
If not topical finesteride
U need a firm hold on ir hairloss before any hair transplant surgery