• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Cool Story

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Just went back to Canada on Thursday to start the process of getting my passport renewed. When I got the pictures the guy looked at my old picture and even though I was never bald he stated "weird how it looks like you have more hair now". It caught me off guard so I immediately felt my face turn bright red and was lost for words. He then looked at the photos looked at me and kept going back and forth. No one was around so I stated that I had a HT and he didn't believe me....thought I was joking. It was left at that.

Such subtle little things happen that you just used to take for granted:

1. I was playing hockey last night and had to actually wipe my hair out of my eyes.

2.When I play tennis I will occasionally wear hat backwards and there is hair in the little opening of the hat--damn--been awhile.

3. I don't seem to get included in the bald jokes anymore.c;;9

4. My wife cuts my hair and she keeps telling me to go to a stylist since they won't know I had a HT. I am paranoid about the scar showing if they go too short (I have an old scar below) so I haven't.

5. Definitely more glances from woman--even younger ones.

6. Feel more confident experimenting with trendy clothes whereas prior didn't want to draw attention to myself.

7. Sounds nuts but I actually believe that I am better at everything that I do. I no longer ever think about my hair, distracting me.

All pretty cool stuff. Just thought that I would share.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great story NN.

Apart from the redness you must have felt great thinking back at his comments,its a great feeling not worrying about your appearance and by the sounds of it you are reaping the benefits now.

Thanks for sharing.

bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
The guy must have been thinking.......how does a guy look younger and have more hair?? Funny that he didn't believe you about a hair transplant. He probably equates ht with plugs like most people.

Thanks for the sharing, does my heart good to hear the positives in people's lives and how patients move on. All my years in the biz, I never get tired of hearing it.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
your right nn,
must have been a hell of a good feeling dude. Its great to hear tales like this congrats man ¬b`

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I guess when I think about it, things like this actually happen more than I even realize. I will see patients that I haven't seen in awhile and they will make comments about me looking younger. I never really think much about it as I pass it off as them just making a nice compliment, but likely they actually mean what they are saying. I am on Facebook and friends will also make comments about how "you haven't changed." In a sense I do feel a little guilty like I am deceiving people when this happens, but likely they don't read my expression as I am staring at their fake breasts. Z:B

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Nervousnelly wrote:
but likely they don't read my expression as I am staring at their fake breasts. Z:B

:whatever: - lol

Hmmmm, maybe I'll think about getting ht work done so I can look younger too. With my employee discount, it'll be cheaper than getting fake breasts.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Your story is really a brilliant inverted compliment NN. First you're causing the guy problems as you DON'T look as old as your photo and to top it when you do tell him why he doesn't believe it.

As for the 'wiping your hair out of your eyes playing hockey' bit - well that's just showing off... :)

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Good guy NN I would be cool to hear from him again.

D

deckd19

Valued member
Good story Nervousnelly, your story is truly cool. ¬b`