• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Cosmetic insurance cover

• Thread starter Newcastleblogger
  • Start date
N

Newcastleblogger

Has anyone on the forum used cosmetic surgery insurance before, for a hair transplant. I came across Medical Travel Shield these say they cover hair transplants. I would also check with the clinic as to what they cover as well. Attached screen shot of website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220308_185001_com.huawei.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308_185001_com.huawei.browser.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 79
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Are you thinking more along the lines of if something went wrong during surgery or if you were unfortunate to have some sort of head injury afterwards?

N

Newcastleblogger

Hi Big Mac
I think both of those circumstance that you mention in your post, let's hope nothing like that happens to anyone, would be wise to take the extra insurance cover if you feel its needed.

I personally looked into it but decided not to take it out as FUE is not a big operation unlike some other surgeries but you still have to be real careful the first 48 hours after surgery.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is interesting. I’ll have a read of their literature to see what’s covered. The small print is usually interesting.

ColleenReyes

ColleenReyes

Has anyone on the forum used cosmetic surgery insurance before, for a hair transplant. I came across Medical Travel Shield these say they cover hair transplants. I would also check with the clinic as to what they cover as well. Attached screen shot of website.
Cosmetic surgery insurance or medical tourism insurance can provide coverage for certain medical procedures, including hair transplants, when obtained abroad. It is important to thoroughly review the terms and conditions of any insurance policy before making a decision.