• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Creating a new hairline with FUE (2000 grafts): Carlos K. Wesley, M.D. (NYC & LA)

billena

billena

Media Mgr Dr. Carlos K. Wesley
This 27-year-old man underwent a follicular unit extraction (FUE) session with Dr. Carlos K. Wesley in which a total of 2000 grafts were placed.

His hair follicles were incubated in autologous (his own) platelet rich plasma (PRP) throughout the duration of the procedure. This, combined with an ATP-containing storage solution has been shown to enhance survival of transplanted hairs.

Rather than a larger FUE punch used by a robotic approach, Dr. Wesley used a smaller caliber hand-held motorized punch to performed the donor harvest. This approach better enabled the capture of donor hair roots that are slightly curved beneath the skin surface. Upon completion of the harvest, the patient €™s donor area was treated with PRP and ACell in order to not only minimize scar tissue formation, but also encourage partial regeneration of donor hair follicles.

The patient returned one year after his procedure and images of the patient can be seen below.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Nice improvement Billena, his hairline looks tons better, he must be very happy.......not sure on the title of the thread though as i can't see the crown on the pictures*nl
Thanks for posting we appreciate it;)

billena

billena

Hi Bullitnut,
You're 100% correct about the title-my error!

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Very nice result looks very natural patient must be wrapped with his new look ¬b`

Cheers

Dazz

billena

billena

Thank you Bigmac-I really appreciate it!