• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dense-packing FUE performed by Dr. Feriduni – 3029 FU in a single day session

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Representative Dr. Feriduni
Dense-packing FUE performed by Dr. Feriduni 3029 FU in a single day session

Follicular Unit Transplantation performed on a 33 year old Caucasian male with:

• NW Class V-Va
  • Donor density of 92 FU/cm ²
  • Hair diameter of ~ 75 microns
Treatment plan:

• 1st FUE procedure with 3000 FU to reconstruct the hair line and mid head area
  • 2nd FUE procedure with 3000 FU to restore the crown area and increase the overall density
Performed procedure (May 3rd, 2009):

A Follicular Unit Extraction with 3029 FU in a single day session, 3 step procedure , i.e. an intermittent follicular unit extraction (iFUE),with:

* 831 single hair FU

* 1562 double hair FU

* 636 triple hair FU

Extraction performed with a 0.9mm FUE punch with Versi handle. No microscopic preparation of the follicular unit grafts;

Parallel incisions(single and double units) were made in custom-sized blades technique (~Cutting Edge blades of 0.7mm 0.9mm);

Dense packing technique with a density of 50 FU/cm ² in hair line and feather zone (single units),a density of 40 FU/cm ² in density zone (double units) .

This patient is definitely an exceptional case as he has an extremely high donor density/yield. In general this procedure would also be performed in a 2 successive days session.

His second FUE procedure is planned in the month of April 2010.

Dr. B. Feriduni

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

41.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Really great documentation Dr. Feriduni. The patient hit the jackpot with his one day extraction numbers.

In the pre-op pics, the first drawn line indicates where the frontal hairline will begin (I assume) and you drew a second line just behind it by approx 1 cm on the sides and a half circle in the center, I was curious as to what number grafts went into the circled area. The work and results look fantastic. Congratulations.

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Representative Dr. Feriduni
Thanks Janna for those nice compliments!

The first drawn line marks the lowest points of the hair line, the zone between both lines is the feather zone. And the cirkle is the central core, this is the zone where the highest density is located at. I estimate the amount of follicular units in the central core around 700 FU.

Best regards,

Dr. Bijan Feriduni

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Oh I see. Thanks for the explanation. Very nice session.

True and Dorin Medical Group

True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
I agree with Janna.....well presented and a great FUE result

J

JJ09

I €™ve had a few FUE procedures done extracting 500 grafts only €¦and that was a 12-14 hour day, granted the last one was back in 2003. The numbers on this patient is amazing; things have come a long way €¦nice work!

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
First of all, good FUE work, congrats!

JJ09, I had a 2000 graft FUE session in 2004, it took 3 consecutive days of about 8-9 hours per day. Still, after a 3 day marathon I felt 100 fitter than 3 days after my strip procedure.
Things have come a long FUE way indeed...