• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dense-packing FUE performed by Dr. Feriduni - NW II - 2152 FU

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Representative Dr. Feriduni
Follicular Unit Transplantation performed on a 22 year old Caucasian male with:

- NW Class II
- Donor density of 60 FU/cm ²
- Hair diameter of ~ 52 microns

Treatment plan:[/b]

- 1 FUE procedure to reconstruct the entire hair line and mid head zone
- A medicinal therapy with Dutasteride 0,5mg (Avodart ®) to prevent further hair loss [/b]

Performed procedure (June 12, 2008):

A Follicular Unit Extraction with 2152 FU

* 700 single hair FU
* 1352 double hair FU
* No triple hair FU

Extraction performed with a 0,8mm titanium punch.

Parallel incisions (single and double units) were made in custom-sized blades technique (~Cutting Edge blades of 0,8mm 0,95mm);

Dense packing technique with a density of 50-60 FU/cm ² in hair line and feather zone (single units),a density of 40 FU/cm ² in density zone (double units) .

Dr. B. Feriduni

Attachments

• Pic 1 - front view.jpg
    Pic 1 - front view.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 6,269
Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Right side view

Attachments

• Pic 2 - right side view.jpg
    Pic 2 - right side view.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 7,090
Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Left side view

Attachments

• Pic 3 - left side view.jpg
    Pic 3 - left side view.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 8,709
Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Hair line in close-up

Attachments

• Pic 4 - hair line.jpg
    Pic 4 - hair line.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 5,881
Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Donor area

Attachments

• Pic 2 - donor area.jpg
    Pic 2 - donor area.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 6,662
Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Donor area in close-up

Attachments

• Pic 6 - donor area in close-up.jpg
    Pic 6 - donor area in close-up.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 6,415
P

Petchsky

Valued member
Looks good, like to see the month 6 photos when available though

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The work looks very good.Donor area is nice and clean.

It would be great to see his progression pictures as he will be 8 months post op now.

Is there any reason he is on Avodart rather than Proscar at such a young age.

Thanks bm.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Yes, good question about the dutasteride. I considered switching, as dutas is more effective as a DHT blocker, and I feel that after 6 years on Proscar, it may have 'levelled out' and might be losing its efficiacy. I am a bit scared of switching though, based on the increased side effects etc, and it has not been licensed yet. (to treat MPB).

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Dr. Feriduni,

The work looks terrific. Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity........how long does a FUE session size of 2152 take you and your staff to complete? Do you find you need to trim any of the extracted grafts?

Thanks.

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Sorry for the late reply to your questions:

To Bigmac & Beardyweirdy: In fact, this patient had already gained medical information about Dutasteride with his family doctor and just started using it when he came to my office. Therefore I did not change his medical treatment but I also would not have prescribed it.

To Janna: I always extract the follicular units together with one of my medical assistants. We usually try to extract up to 3-4 hours with an average extraction of 200-500 FU with each hour. In the meantime one or two medical assistants prepare the single unit grafts stereo-microscopically, double and triple unit grafts are generally not prepared after the extraction, we leave them as they are. After I have made the micro-incisions, which takes again about 1 to 1,5 hours, the follicular unit are being inserted by the medical assistants, this takes about 2 to 4 hours. Finally we perform the final touch in 'stick-and-place' technique. We always try to insert a couple of small breaks during the FUE procedure, this makes the treatment a bit less long and uncomfortable for the patient. This operation in particular took about 8,5 hours in total. Our biggest single day one session treatment was 2834 FU in total with an extraction of 700 FU with each hour.

Kind regards,

Dr. Bijan Feriduni

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Dr. Feriduni wrote:
To Bigmac & Beardyweirdy: In fact, this patient had already gained medical information about Dutasteride with his family doctor and just started using it when he came to my office. Therefore I did not change his medical treatment but I also would not have prescribed it.

Thanks Dr Feriduni,its interesting that his family doctor prescribed it rather than Propecia/Proscar.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
A very nice result.... at 22 this does seem young to have an HT... but this patients age is one where MPB seems to affect guys the most... (I know fom experience what a negative effect going bald can have in your early 20s)....

Again.. a great result and I bet this guy is very happy with his HT..

Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I met this patient and Dr Feriduni in Amsterdam.

His result is great and looks as natural as can be.

Dr Feriduni was charming and a great guy to chat with also.

bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
the work looks fantastic and the donor looks great too, would like to see more of your results doc as they look great:)
best wishes bn