• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

dht removing shampoos

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hi we all know that mpb is linked to dht hence why most transplant patients take propecia/finesteride. After seeing many different dht reducing shampoos on the  net i was just wondering if any of them are actually  proven and which are the best

any info welcome

regards bullit

Last edited:
lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
Hey BN,

As far as I understand - every normal adult male produces the same amount of DHT, (on average) balding or not.
Us baldies are cursed by having hair follicles which are sensitive to DHT.

Good question about the shampoos though - I would also be interested to know if any have undergone trials.

Good luck with your upcoming visit to SMG - I'm sure they'll be able to give you a vast improvement. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Cheers,

LY

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

The shampoo im using at the minute is nioxin cleanser,
it says on the bottle it gently cleanses and removes enviromental residue and DHT it smells great too so far im impressed has anyone else tried any of the nioxin range?

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi BN..

I am always a little worried about trying any new shampoo etc as shedding nearly always seems to be an issue...

Maybe I am wrong about this ? Any ideas ??

Tim

bullitnut

bullitnut

Yeah know what you mean tim it scares me too, for years now ive used nizoral twice a week and lol johnsons mild baby shampoo in between.
But when i had my hair washed at smg post op they used nioxin and i just loved the smell so i got some, as for shedding i couldnt tell you as obviously im shedding my ht babies boo hoo

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I stopped using Nizoral (once a week) as I felt I was shedding too much.

NotBadHairUK

NotBadHairUK

Valued member
Baldspot wrote:
I stopped using Nizoral (once a week) as I felt I was shedding too much.

I have never used a DHT blocking shampoo... I was just about to try Nizoral just to be good to my remaining native hair the best I can, but after hearing you have lost/shed using this I am put off.

Is this a common problem with Nizoral?

I am taking Fin 1/5th and my crown seems to be holding up pretty well as it is... so maybe its just silly to take any risks for real reason apart from being double caucious.

I have also read that nioxin is another one that people are using? Can this also cause shedding?

I think I will give it a miss now... but would like some thoughts on these and with my current situation (holding onto my crown with Fin why bother?) from you guys please.. thanks.

G

I've used bio cleansing shampoo leimo and it works. This hair loss shampoo can stop and block the DHT production and promote hair growth. Well, Leimo hair treatment store is giving away a free hair loss treatment pack for UK residents only. Free treatment pack includes:

* Leimo Bio Cleansing Shampoo
* Leimo Thickening Conditioner
* Leimo Scalp Therapy Day Treatment
* Leimo Scalp Serum Night Treatment
* Leimo Deep Cleansing Scalp & Body Scrub.

So, what are you waiting for? Grab now! Limited Offer only, valid for 30 days.

This is utter crap really, i`m just spamming this forum trying to get you to purchase unproven products.

G

The Admin on this forum edited the text on my post

He added this text "This is utter crap really, i'm just spamming this forum trying to get you to purchase unproven products."

U

URM

I just started Volumique about three months ago and I am now seeing results. Check them out

No links allowed