• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Diffuse pattern or un pattern hair loss

A

AA86

Hi been loosing hair for about 5-6 years I’m 35 now.

been reading into hair transplant and contacted about 8 clinics in Turkey. Most said I had diffuse pattern hair loss caused by dht. One very reputable clinic said this

Hello Attiq,

After assessing your photos, Dr. indicated the following:
1) You seem to be suffering diffuse alopecia in your recipient area.
2) In your donor area, the parietal areas just right above the ears seem to be affected by the hair loss or the density in much lower than other areas.

Dr. recommends you visit a dermatologist to assess your donor area to identify if by any chance you are starting to suffer DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia).

DUPA can´t be diagnosed by photos and it requires an analysis with trichoscope by a dermatologist or trichologist.

I’ve added my pics below any advise please I have booked an appointment with my gp.
thanks
DD3B4141-3BED-4EFD-9DE7-4796D00CDD99.jpeg
33FBD894-31F8-4D5F-80D7-269A0BEBC113.jpeg
0BBE4171-171D-4DA5-982E-09003446F017.jpeg
17D2AB19-42BE-4EF7-8CEB-61C06E2A390A.jpeg

M

mania

Yes it's very much common that to lose your hair at the age of 35 usually people lose their hair when they reach to 30..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You might have diffuse thinning. I don`t think your GP will diagnose it but they may refer you to a dermatologist.
While you wait to see the derm check into finasteride, the benefits and possible sides.