• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

diffuse thining

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
DF is generalised thinning
over the entire top of your scalp (sometimes back and sides too but very rarely this type is usually through a medical illness) rather than your usual mpb with receeding hairlines, bald crowns etc:)

Last edited:
josh

josh

Valued member
diffuse thinning is hairloss across all of the top of the head. This area doesn't include the back and sides that is generally resistant to mpb.

diffuse alopecia thinning is hairloss across all of the head. This includes the traditionally safe zones (back and sides). If someone suffers from this then they are definitely not a candidate for surgery.

bullitnut

bullitnut

yes i agree but saying that ive seen diffuse thinning catagorised with diffuse alopecia before which is why i said sometimes it can affect the back and sides all be it very rarely.

Genetic Hair Loss with a Diffuse Pattern (Diffuse Pattern Baldness):

More commonly on our hairloss forums, many people refer to a €œdiffuse thinning € pattern as hereditary hair loss with diffuse thinning all over the top of the scalp while the sides and back of the head remain unaffected. These hairs will miniaturize going from terminal to vellus gradually. This type of hair loss is still genetic and can be treated with (finasteride) and/or (minoxodil).

Diffuse Alopecia:

Diffuse Alopecia is a condition characterized by hair loss over the entire scalp including the sides and back of the head. Many things can cause this, but Diffuse Alopecia is not genetic.

Some possible causes are but not limited to:

• Hormonal changes in the body (thyroid disorders) [/*]
  • Pregnancy or shortly thereafter [/*]
  • Certain medications (anticoagulants - blood thinning drugs) [/*]
  • Scalp determatitus or other inflamation of the scalp [/*]
  • Severe infections such as pneumonia [/*]
  • Traumatic Stress (physical or emotional) [/*]
  • Iron deficiency[/*]
Treating this type of hair loss depends on the actual hair loss cause. Tests should be performed by a doctor to first determine the cause which may involve a thyroid gland test to determine it is working properly and whether or not iron level are normal. Medication or supplements may be administered to correct the condition. In most cases of diffuse alopecia, no treatment is needed for the hair loss condition itself and in many cases, the hair regrows. Some people however may continue to experience diffuse alopecia and the scalp hair remains thin. Complete baldness however, is exceptionally rare.

regards bullit:) sorry if my explination initially sounded confusing as josh says 99 percent of the time its just thinning over he top.

josh

josh

Valued member
hi bullinut,

sorry if my post sounded a little condesending towards your initial explanation. It wasn't meant to be :).

ozzy,

welcome to the forum.Z:BZ:B

bullitnut

bullitnut

No worries bud sounded ok to me dude:)
I should have explained better matey my faultZ:B

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea lay off the beers you guys when posting.:)

Ozzy,hopefully some of the doctors on ere will post some diffuse thinner pictures/results.

Bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Is bullitnut trying to get scientific on us??c;;9 Great explanations guys.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Wow, nice job guys!

I need to read more to catch up with you guys. I better get the green text book down from my shelf. It's needs dusting.