• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Diffused Thinning 1 Yr Post Op w/ Dr. Paul Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi,

One of Dr. Paul's patient came in today for a 1 Year follow up appointment. He was receptive to taking various pics with wet, dry, hair parted, not parted, etc to show his current density. As you can see, he has a good hair to graft count (great donor density). He is very pleased with his end results.

Graft/Hair count:

1 €™s €“ 618

2 €™s €“ 1664

3 €™s €“ 947

4 €™s €“ 151

3380 Grafts = 7391 Hairs

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Presentation1.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking result and good comparison pictures.

Janna is the patient taking any meds to prevent future hairloss.Also with him being a diffuse thinner how are the existing native hairs holding up .

Thanks bm.

J

JJ09

From what I have been reading on the net regarding diffuse thinning, there is always a concern with shock loss when transplanting in between existing hair, is this common?

The result on this patient is excellent
¬b`

janna

janna

Valuable Member
JJ09,

Shockloss is very unpredictable - it can hit any patient at anytime after surgery. We've addressed diffused thinning with hairs shaved and unshaved. It's a crapshoot as to which patient ends up with shockloss (not just the diffused thinners), and to what degree they experience shock loss is also unpredictable. This patient stated he did not experience any shockloss. My experience is when a patient reports shock loss, it's somewhat subjective as they may report - "massive shockloss" but pictures indicate otherwise while the next person's "very mild" shock loss shows more than average.....so it's one of those unknown phenomenons.

BM,

This patient is on meds. I'd say his native hairs are holding up well.

True and Dorin Medical Group

True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
Janna.....this is a very relevant post, a lot of generally thin candidates out , excellent result!