• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Does any-one have photographic examples of the back of a shaven head after FUE?

D

Dexter13

Hello there. :)

I just wanted to know if any-one out there at all, had an photographic examples of them, or some-one they know, who have shaved the back of their head almost completely, long after an FUE procedure. I'm not talking about a grade 1 or 2, I'm talking about some-one who has essentially had an FUE procedure and then decided that they want a very very short buzz cut, or totally shaven. Maybe some-one who does not want to continue along the hair restoration journey after an initial procedure.

Essentially, I am searching for evidence that shows that you can undergo FUE and then decide that you just want to shave your head and be done with it, without being haunted by a constant reminder. I am 36, male, pale and white, and have a procedure booked with a very reputable and trusted surgeon, but I just wanted to see more examples if there were any.

Thank you so much for your time :)

L

Lukey13

Hello there. :)
I just wanted to know if any-one out there at all, had an photographic examples of them, or some-one they know, who have shaved the back of their head almost completely, long after an FUE procedure. I'm not talking about a grade 1 or 2, I'm talking about some-one who has essentially had an FUE procedure and then decided that they want a very very short buzz cut, or totally shaven. Maybe some-one who does not want to continue along the hair restoration journey after an initial procedure.
Essentially, I am searching for evidence that shows that you can undergo FUE and then decide that you just want to shave your head and be done with it, without being haunted by a constant reminder. I am 36, male, pale and white, and have a procedure booked with a very reputable and trusted surgeon, but I just wanted to see more examples if there were any.
Thank you so much for your time :)

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
It is all about the numbers and a lot of IF sss.
Shaving down short afterwards:

A donor with 5000 extractions done will look different than with just 2000 done.
If the extraction zone is kept very small than a visible area of thinning will be visible afterwards
If the punch size is large, you will see more evidence of the extractions.
If you have a very high contrast between skin colour and hair colour the FUE dots will be come more visible

As you can see, there is no black and white answer.

Anyway.

How many grafts are you planning?

D

Dexter13

Thanks for your reply.

I'm planning 1800.

I have researched for quite some time, yet don't see many actual photographic examples.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Dexter, my case is here and may be of help to you as I keep my hair vey short also. All the best for your surgery, and as said prior, punch type, size, experience, extraction patterns, healing factors, skin tone etc all play a part on the final outcome and how one can wear their hair after. 1800 grafts is not a lot and should not, assuming the above, cause problems of shaving short.

https://www.hairlossexperiences.com...inic-7000-plus-fue-norwood-6-restoration.797/

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
here you can see the donor,

Before transplant - Right after the treatment - 2 weeks after the treatment

Both are 2000 grafts sessions.

Hope this gives you some idea.

donor xavier full shave 2000 grafts.jpg

Glenn voor en na 2000 graft full partial shaven.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That donor looks awesome prohair. Hi Dexter welcome to the forum. There are other options too if you wanted to just forget about hair restoration and move forward. There's always SMP into the FUE dots if it does look too evident shaven very close. The issue with that is once it does grow out a little then the SMP won't help as much to disguise things. I agree the size of the session, the skill of the surgeon and the size of the punch are all extremely important.

Good luck for your surgery

D

Dexter13

Hi Dexter, my case is here and may be of help to you as I keep my hair vey short also. All the best for your surgery, and as said prior, punch type, size, experience, extraction patterns, healing factors, skin tone etc all play a part on the final outcome and how one can wear their hair after. 1800 grafts is not a lot and should not, assuming the above, cause problems of shaving short.

https://www.hairlossexperiences.com...inic-7000-plus-fue-norwood-6-restoration.797/

Wow! What a transformation!!!
Have you maintained the hair with Propecia since?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do a search on here and you will see many examples.