• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Donor re-stocking

V

vergar88

I have recently read a post here where someone had there FUE area re-stocked with various body hairs.
I myself have actually had 2 FUT procedures, last one 2017 totalling around 3200 grafts all to the front. I am on fin, min, ketoconazole and will be trying microneedling and topical Dut soon. My surgeon estimates i may need 1000 grafts to the crown if the the dut and needling dont yield good results.

Now the issue I have is while my scar is good. I had considerable shock loss around my scar which i didnt really notice until a couple of years later and has been pointed out by barbers. I have done SMP but unless hair is left longer it can look as though i have been wearing a cap with a bit of an indentation mostly below scar.
I have been reluctant until recently to really look at the back of my head as i hate seieing thinning etc. But forced myself to look to assess what is required.

My surgeon believes beard hair can be used im the donor area but om not sure how that would look given the thickness of my beard hair relative to head hair but the donor is something i really want to also fix though filling crown is first priority.

The idea of FUT is that you deal with the linear scar but dont have the overall thinning of the area. I have been unfortunate. It does feel like there is hair there but maybe its thinned. Perhaps i could try needling the area and topical solutions. It looks ok to the untrained eye with th SMP.
I've attached pics before the SMP and my crown area.
Be interested to hear from those who know about donor re stocking.

Attachments

• 20200314_150739.jpg
    20200314_150739.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20200314_150742.jpg
    20200314_150742.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200314_150732.jpg
    20200314_150732.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20231217_215231.jpg
    20231217_215231.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20231215_145412.jpg
    20231215_145412.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 20231217_215120.jpg
    20231217_215120.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20231215_182029.jpg
    20231215_182029.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 69
P

Paul_

Valued member
Hi there,

I believe this is what you are looking for:
"FIT Farming can also be used to repair Strip Scars in which we graft a first pass at low density to allow blood flow to return to the scar tissue"

Mustang had a great post on this (done by Dr Mwamba)
Props to him, his experience helped me a lot with my own research

From my own experience with Dr Ball, I had restocking into an FUE overharvested area a month ago, reusing my pluggy hairline grafts for it. Time will tell how that turns out, but so far so good and I'm very happy I went ahead with this
I also did several PRP sessions as Dr Ball advised into my damaged donor prior to surgery + I am on oral minox, all to improve blood flow to the area

During my prep conversations on this topic with top EU doctors, several recommended beard hair for such restocking, since it blends in well with the regular hair and is strong enough to survive in scar tissue, even if more course to the touch

A suggestion, plan a few consultations to get the best medical view, if the outlook is positive do a first test pass with 50-100 beard hairs, into and around the scar itself

Hope this helps, best of luck
Paul

Last edited:
M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
I would suggest consulting with Bisanga and Mwamba, both are fantastic in this area.

V

vergar88

Hi there,

I believe this is what you are looking for:

"FIT Farming can also be used to repair Strip Scars in which we graft a first pass at low density to allow blood flow to return to the scar tissue"

Mustang had a great post on this (done by Dr Mwamba)
[
Props to him, his experience helped me a lot with my own research

From my own experience with Dr Ball, I had restocking into an FUE overharvested area a month ago, reusing my pluggy hairline grafts for it. Time will tell how that turns out, but so far so good and I'm very happy I went ahead with this
I also did several PRP sessions as Dr Ball advised into my damaged donor prior to surgery + I am on oral minox, all to improve blood flow to the area

During my prep conversations on this topic with top EU doctors, several recommended beard hair for such restocking, since it blends in well with the regular hair and is strong enough to survive in scar tissue, even if more course to the touch

A suggestion, plan a few consultations to get the best medical view, if the outlook is positive do a first test pass with 50-100 beard hairs, into and around the scar itself

Hope this helps, best of luck
Paul

Hi there, thanks for your detailed reply. These are all things I plan on trying. I am I'm conversation with the surgeon who did my 2nd procedure. It could be that my skin didn't like being cut s stretched the second time and deprived it of adequate blood flow.

PRP is quite expensive but considering it should it be necessary. Going to try derma pen, topical dut and min for a couple of months, I have time as the SMP has covered it to the untrained eye for now.

I do seem to enough beard to not have it appear too thin should I use it. Only thing is it's quite thick hair and not seen anyone in person with beard hair on scalp. I presume as it gets longer maybe it blends.

I'm based in Australia and my surgeon in Bangkok.

Europe is a bit of a hike but if it comes down to it I can. I am from the UK originally.

What is Dr. Mwamba like on pricing etc.?

P

Paul_

Valued member
Hi there, thanks for your detailed reply. These are all things I plan on trying. I am I'm conversation with the surgeon who did my 2nd procedure. It could be that my skin didn't like being cut s stretched the second time and deprived it of adequate blood flow.

PRP is quite expensive but considering it should it be necessary. Going to try derma pen, topical dut and min for a couple of months, I have time as the SMP has covered it to the untrained eye for now.

I do seem to enough beard to not have it appear too thin should I use it. Only thing is it's quite thick hair and not seen anyone in person with beard hair on scalp. I presume as it gets longer maybe it blends.

I'm based in Australia and my surgeon in Bangkok.

Europe is a bit of a hike but if it comes down to it I can. I am from the UK originally.

What is Dr. Mwamba like on pricing etc.?
I got a bespoke quote from Dr Mwamba per day of surgery, I think he needs to see your case to quote yours
He does online consultations as well, that will help you with logistics

What did the Dr in Bangkok advise?

V

vergar88

I got a bespoke quote from Dr Mwamba per day of surgery, I think he needs to see your case to quote yours
He does online consultations as well, that will help you with logistics

What did the Dr in Bangkok advise?
I see. He agreed to me trying DUT and microneedling but would like to see me in person next time I'm over there. My partner and child are there so I go often.
He agreed it looked thin in the donor and said he could put beard hair in donor but doesn't do other body hairs.
You never know, trying the other stuff might help somewhat.
He said he estimated 1000 grafts to do crown. I probably would have done it by now if I didn't have the donor area issue.
I'm sure that it's just thinned around scar but not fully gone you can't feel any baldness. And a mirror up close doesn't show big gaps.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try the Dut and micro needling?